United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-05-2016, 06:13 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Well if people are talking %@#$&!s about "Oh Mourinho poked someone in the eye! He should never be employed by the club," then it's not too far fetched to think that the club wouldn't be too keen to give the most important job to someone who has his personal life splashed everywhere and who can't control the little man downstairs
Yeah, but as Tibs was getting at its naive to think perhaps even the majority of people in football don't have similar skeletons in the closet. And it's nothing to do with football. The problem with Mourinho's antics is that they're constant and relentless.

It'll be interesting to see how it all works out. Charlton is still that huge influence at United and has a strong relationship with the first team. Would be awkward him going into the dressing room etc after every game with Mourinho there.

Unread 06-05-2016, 06:33 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yeah, but as Tibs was getting at its naive to think perhaps even the majority of people in football don't have similar skeletons in the closet. And it's nothing to do with football. The problem with Mourinho's antics is that they're constant and relentless.

It'll be interesting to see how it all works out. Charlton is still that huge influence at United and has a strong relationship with the first team. Would be awkward him going into the dressing room etc after every game with Mourinho there.
Ffs

Unread 06-05-2016, 06:52 PM
Clarkie

Quote:

And Giggs' antics haven't been constant and relentless?

I'm sorry Siders, I realise you don't want Mourinho. I can accept that and understand the fears and reasons behind it. But, you seem to think it's one rule for him and another rule for others.

You want to talk about awkward, imagine you're a player for Manchester United and you're at a function with your partner, with Giggs as manager?

There are plenty of people on here who don't like/want Mourinho but, they aren't so biased that they shift the goalposts to suit their argument against him

Unread 06-05-2016, 07:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

I'm sorry Siders, I realise you don't want Mourinho. I can accept that and understand the fears and reasons behind it. But, you seem to think it's one rule for him and another rule for others.

You want to talk about awkward, imagine you're a player for Manchester United and you're at a function with your partner, with Giggs as manager?

There are plenty of people on here who don't like/want Mourinho but, they aren't so biased that they shift the goalposts to suit their argument against him
There's no bias because I don't especially want Giggs. In fact between Giggs and Mou I'm not overly arsed. At least Giggs would suggest the club have a plan. But Mourinho's relentless antics are far more draining on the club than Giggs's personal life baggage.

Rooney was cheating on his missus while she was pregnant. He's the captain. Nobody cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
Ffs
Like it or not he has that relationship and that role at the club, and has for decades.

If he doesn't want Mourinho, along with Fergie, I suspect that's a powerful duo.

Unread 06-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
There's no bias because I don't especially want Giggs. In fact between Giggs and Mou I'm not overly arsed. At least Giggs would suggest the club have a plan. But Mourinho's relentless antics are far more draining on the club than Giggs's personal life baggage.

Rooney was cheating on his missus while she was pregnant. He's the captain. Nobody cares.

Like it or not he has that relationship and that role at the club, and has for decades.

If he doesn't want Mourinho, along with Fergie, I suspect that's a powerful duo.
Mourinho never missed a match or two because his personal life was becoming too messy, due to his own fault!

Wayne Rooney ain't the manager of the club either.

Unread 06-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

has giggs £#%&!ed anyone connected with united's playing staff, coaching staff, or management? has he bent the tea lady over and £#%&!ed her in the cubby hole? has he fiddled with the groundsman's daughter's pitch?

Unread 06-05-2016, 07:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Mourinho never missed a match or two because his personal life was becoming too messy, due to his own fault!

Wayne Rooney ain't the manager of the club either.
Can you really imagine a group of millionaire footballers judging other blokes for infidelity?

Unread 06-05-2016, 07:08 PM
andyroo

Yeah Mourinho's shit does cause day to day problems for his clubs. Internal fighting, personal vendettas with referees, avoidable needle with opposition that wouldn't be a threat otherwise. Yeah I know we had that with Freggle a fair bit - and yes, sometimes it could be draining. Of course it's the infighting aspect that would most worry me potentially with United, I couldn't care less if he makes enemies out of Liverpool and Arsenal

What Giggs did is pretty shocking really but it isn't really going to have an effect on a managerial career or otherwise. You can argue it shows a not pleasing aspect of character. I wouldn't disagree.

Unread 06-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
has giggs £#%&!ed anyone connected with united's playing staff, coaching staff, or management? has he bent the tea lady over and £#%&!ed her in the cubby hole? has he fiddled with the groundsman's daughter's pitch?
We can only Imogen what he has done

Unread 06-05-2016, 07:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Yeah Mourinho's shit does cause day to day problems for his clubs. Internal fighting, personal vendettas with referees, avoidable needle with opposition that wouldn't be a threat otherwise. Yeah I know we had that with Freggle a fair bit - and yes, sometimes it could be draining. Of course it's the infighting aspect that would most worry me potentially with United, I couldn't care less if he makes enemies out of Liverpool and Arsenal

What Giggs did is pretty shocking really but it isn't really going to have an effect on a managerial career or otherwise. You can argue it shows a not pleasing aspect of character. I wouldn't disagree.
link

Unread 06-05-2016, 07:35 PM
My Name is Keith

Can't believe anyone would want Giggs above mou if there was a choice between the two. Swear this place is infiltrated by city fans half the time.

Unread 06-05-2016, 07:46 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Can't believe anyone would want Giggs above mou if there was a choice between the two. Swear this place is infiltrated by city fans half the time.
just bored wums.

once jose is in, it will be something else controversial they're after....maybe arguing for the glazers to stay n turn down a big china buyout?

Unread 06-05-2016, 07:51 PM
King Eric

Giggsy is a star, a star £#%&!ger that is, he has a real knack of penetrating deep into a tight box whilst dribbling quickly.

Unread 06-05-2016, 07:53 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
just bored wums.

once jose is in, it will be something else controversial they're after....maybe arguing for the glazers to stay n turn down a big china buyout?
A manager who has won major trophies at every club he's been at, managing some of the biggest football clubs in the world v a former player who has never managed a football club at any level ever.

Hmmm....tricky.

Unread 06-05-2016, 07:55 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
how's that academy going btw?

Unread 06-05-2016, 08:08 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
how's that academy going btw?
United's is much better since they recognised the threat posed by city, re-organised the structure of the senior leadership, sacked some of the junior level coaches, and committed to expanding their scouting network. Like I said at the time, I have first hand experience of the academies at city and United and I know that the critisism of United was real and well founded. But obviously you see rashford coming through the sausage machine at the top and laugh at how ridiculous this sounds yet have no real knowledge about the entry level system that attracted young rashers in the first place .

city are still intent on securing literally every young rashford they can but thankfully, if they can't show those parents a route to first team places then they may always fall short. Two out of my sons team have signed with United this year precisely because of the rashford effect.

The appointment of pep (the barca infrastructure before him) and the massive investment in city's academy structure is completely linked. If you can't see that as being a threat to United previously unrivalled dominance at junior and academy level then you're mad. United needed to react and they have done.

Basically, I've saged this.

Unread 06-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
United's is much better since they recognised the threat posed by city, re-organised the structure of the senior leadership, sacked some of the junior level coaches, and committed to expanding their scouting network. Like I said at the time, I have first hand experience of the academies at city and United and I know that the critisism of United was real and well founded. But obviously you see rashford coming through the sausage machine at the top and laugh at how ridiculous this sounds yet have no real knowledge about the entry level system that attracted young rashers in the first place .

city are still intent on securing literally every young rashford they can but thankfully, if they can't show those parents a route to first team places then they may always fall short. Two out of my sons team have signed with United this year precisely because of the rashford effect.

The appointment of pep (the barca infrastructure before him) and the massive investment in city's academy structure is completely linked. If you can't see that as being a threat to United previously unrivalled dominance at junior and academy level then you're mad. United needed to react and they have done.

Basically, I've saged this.
Long term Citeh can only play 11 players so it will go full circle and people will come to United.

Remember that world beater we lost in 99/00... Greening?

Unread 06-05-2016, 08:56 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Long term Citeh can only play 11 players so it will go full circle and people will come to United.

Not quite sure what you mean but if it's that rashford is one of 40 elite academy players they take on each year then yeah, you're right. But we want to have rashford on our books not city

Only the best will make it.

Unread 06-05-2016, 09:04 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Not quite sure what you mean but if it's that rashford is one of 40 elite academy players they take on each year then yeah, you're right. But we want to have rashford on our books not city

Only the best will make it.

Unread 06-05-2016, 09:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

What?
Closed Thread