Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Kids on social media posting "games gone"

Unread 16-08-2018, 01:46 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
The sport is becoming more of a farce every day.

Think we should all feel grateful that as a club, we were at our peak during the last great era of football, before it got really £#%&!ing silly.

Not sure if serious.

We (the Premier League but more specifically United) were responsible for most of the shit we put up with today. We were 'leading the way' in bringing football into the entertainment business.

All our glories came alongside official betting partners, club TV channel, removing football club from our badge (or should that be logo?), branded toilet paper and a new kit every season. Nobody other than a united fan would refer to the 90s and 00s as a great football era. it's when the rot set in.

Football's dead but we bloody killed it.

Unread 16-08-2018, 03:30 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
And so it begins.
Unfortunately, it all began a good while back, these are just the last nails

Unread 16-08-2018, 03:32 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Attacking football is a myth

Triggered to £#%&!.

Unread 16-08-2018, 04:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Absolutely.

The world cup is obviously corrupt in terms of venue and sponsorship but taking the transfers out and leaving it only about pride is what makes the huge difference.

Club football is disgusting now.
This summer saw what could well be the last proper WC, given the unmitigated atrocity that is planned four years hence.

Just as well it was so enjoyable (and it was) given that

Unread 16-08-2018, 10:02 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
This summer saw what could well be the last proper WC, given the unmitigated atrocity that is planned four years hence.

Many people said the Russian one was awarded due to corruption would be shit. Dunno about the corruption, but the organisation was good and the football entertaining (for the most part)

Unread 16-08-2018, 10:13 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria

I fear you're right ric.

I hope qatar breaks football in it's current form. But that's pointless fantasy tbh

Unread 16-08-2018, 10:39 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I couldn’t care less about the game now. It’s a complete mess. I’m only interested in united and that’s purely a historical emotional attachment. The club itself is a pile of shit.

Weirdly, I really enjoyed the World Cup though.

I think eventually the concept of tribally following one club might disappear too.

City PSG et al are welcome to it.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Ill be amazed if I give a shit for football 5 years from now.
And this

Unread 16-08-2018, 10:56 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Not sure if serious.

We (the Premier League but more specifically United) were responsible for most of the shit we put up with today. We were 'leading the way' in bringing football into the entertainment business.

All our glories came alongside official betting partners, club TV channel, removing football club from our badge (or should that be logo?), branded toilet paper and a new kit every season. Nobody other than a united fan would refer to the 90s and 00s as a great football era. it's when the rot set in.

An uncomfortable truth and we watched it happen and gloried in it, truth be told. I can remember the joy of being able to take pretty much any player from any club we fancied, going back to Jordan and McQueen from Leeds.

Unread 16-08-2018, 11:32 PM
ScarFace

Read somewhere about the Spanish pushing hard for this, at the time we tried to do it. Stating they're trying to catch up the Prem's earning.

I think the Spanish have been putting on games early sometimes, for foreign tv prime viewing hours.

Unread 17-08-2018, 12:49 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Read somewhere about the Spanish pushing hard for this, at the time we tried to do it. Stating they're trying to catch up the Prem's earning.

I think the Spanish have been putting on games early sometimes, for foreign tv prime viewing hours.
It’s not even close to the prem over here.

Espn picked up serie A and we all know that’s for Ronaldo

Unread 17-08-2018, 02:14 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
It’s not even close to the prem over here.

Espn picked up serie A and we all know that’s for Ronaldo
I'm moving over for a year in 4 weeks lad. Forum meet

Unread 17-08-2018, 11:38 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I'm moving over for a year in 4 weeks lad. Forum meet
Will defo drive 😎

Unread 17-08-2018, 12:44 PM
Sapien

How's this going to work in terms of home/away games then?

Unread 17-08-2018, 12:46 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
How's this going to work in terms of home/away games then?
Games in the USA will be trans-home and trans-away

Unread 17-08-2018, 01:07 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
An uncomfortable truth and we watched it happen and gloried in it, truth be told. I can remember the joy of being able to take pretty much any player from any club we fancied, going back to Jordan and McQueen from Leeds.

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:03 PM
TheFatGoth

https://en.as.com/en/2018/08/21/foot...70_626520.html

Quote:
The captains of the 20 clubs in Primera División are to meet on Wednesday at the headquarters of the Spanish Association of Footballers (AFE) to draft a communique in response to the decision by the Spanish Professional Football League (LFP) to stage games in the USA.

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:26 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Levante - "Go"

Betis - "£#%&!"

Eibar - "Yourselves"

Unread 21-08-2018, 08:18 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Levante - "Go"

Betis - "£#%&!"

Eibar - "Yourselves"
Madrid and Barcelona - “Thanks very much”

Unread 21-08-2018, 08:36 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Not sure if serious.

Not sure I can agree there.

You really can’t compare the 90s to what football has turned in to now. Yes the rot had started to set in, but it’s a world away from the modern game.
Closed Thread