United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-03-2018, 10:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
oh, siders. no. just.... no.
Sorry, but Sane should have been a red. So smooth in everything he does even at pace and just takes players out the game.

City have spent a fortune but they've generally got the big transfers right in the last few years.

Unread 01-03-2018, 10:09 PM
Sparky***

Arsenal looked utter demoralised before a ball was kicked.

The Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Sanchez transfer sagas have not exactly turned out to be a shining endorsement of January transfers have they.

Unread 01-03-2018, 10:11 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Arsenal looked utter demoralised before a ball was kicked.

The Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Sanchez transfer sagas have not exactly turned out to be a shining endorsement of January transfers have they.
Them signing for teams that are all over the place haven't helped.

Unread 01-03-2018, 10:14 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Them signing for teams that are all over the place haven't helped.
Sanchez would be in double figures for city by now

Unread 01-03-2018, 10:16 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Sorry, but Sane should have been a red. So smooth in everything he does even at pace and just takes players out the game.

City have spent a fortune but they've generally got the big transfers right in the last few years.
I'm not saying he isn't a good player (wouldn't swap him for martial, though). just that one weaving run doesn't make him ryan giggs. even giving him the benefit of the doubt for being young and inconsistent.... not giggs.

Unread 01-03-2018, 10:17 PM
Pop

The She Believes Cup?

Unread 01-03-2018, 10:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I'm not saying he isn't a good player (wouldn't swap him for martial, though). just that one weaving run doesn't make him ryan giggs. even giving him the benefit of the doubt for being young and inconsistent.... not giggs.
He does it most weeks. He's brilliant for his age.

Unread 01-03-2018, 10:23 PM
sub three hours

This has petered out as a game now. Citeh are just controlling things they're seeing the game out.

Unread 01-03-2018, 10:23 PM
sa7

Unread 01-03-2018, 10:26 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He does it most weeks. He's brilliant for his age.
yes, he's a good player. but giggs in full flight was the most beautiful sight in football ever.

Unread 01-03-2018, 10:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7

Unread 01-03-2018, 10:29 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yes, he's a good player. but giggs in full flight was the most beautiful sight in football ever.
Yes but what's Giggs got to do with Sane?

Unread 01-03-2018, 10:30 PM
Sparky***

attendance 58,000 apparently

Unread 01-03-2018, 10:32 PM
jem

is scoring your 1,000th home goal in the premiership a thing?

just when you thought arsenal's disappointment could not be any greater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Yes but what's Giggs got to do with Sane?
nothing. think that was my point.

carragher started it.

Unread 01-03-2018, 10:38 PM
My Name is Keith

Haven’t watched it. Wouldn’t dream of watching tbh. But how’s mhiki played?

Unread 01-03-2018, 10:39 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Haven’t watched it. Wouldn’t dream of watching tbh. But how’s mhiki played?
Won a soft penalty which they missed. Utterly anonymous apart from that..

Unread 01-03-2018, 10:43 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Won a soft penalty which they missed. Utterly anonymous apart from that..
Cheers BN - if he can’t make an impact in that arsenal side then there’s really no hope for him.

Unread 01-03-2018, 10:52 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Cheers BN - if he can’t make an impact in that arsenal side then there’s really no hope for him.
Gary Nev actually summed him up perfectly in his commentary on Sundays game when he said Mikhitarian was more of what Arsenal already have.

Unread 01-03-2018, 11:02 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
I know I'm a United supporter and all but, I've never heard ANY team or manager in world football, throughout my years, have their arse licked like this.

Not even us when we won the treble
That's because you only look at things through a United prism so whatever praise Utd got was never enough. If Clive Tylsdely or whatever his name is commentary in 99 was about another side you'd be thinking it was the most nauseating passage you'd heard. Same with less significant moments like Martial's goal vs Liverpool.

The point is every fanbase behaves like they're being unfairly treated. During the best days of Fergie rivals had to live with watching and hearing about us being top dogs. We could point and laugh at the rivals who cried cheating and refs being in the pocket, commentators supporting Utd etc. I believe that was known as boiling piss.

To get back to those days we've got to focus on ourselves and earn the right to receive ultimate praise and glory - even if it is through gritted teeth. If Utd apply themselves in the Champions League, it's not out of this world to suggest this squad could scab it. There are worse squads than ours who might fancy their chances. We'd have to significantly lift the performances but surely the motivation now the league is gone shifts to the cups. And Utd lifting the trophy that is the pinnacle of club football would boil piss nqat.

Unread 01-03-2018, 11:05 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
That's because you only look at things through a United prism so whatever praise Utd got was never enough. If Clive Tylsdely or whatever his name is commentary in 99 was about another side you'd be thinking it was the most nauseating passage you'd heard. Same with less significant moments like Martial's goal vs Liverpool.

The point is every fanbase behaves like they're being unfairly treated. During the best days of Fergie rivals had to live with watching and hearing about us being top dogs. We could point and laugh at the rivals who cried cheating and refs being in the pocket, commentators supporting Utd etc. I believe that was known as boiling piss.

To get back to those days we've got to focus on ourselves and earn the right to receive ultimate praise and glory - even if it is through gritted teeth. If Utd apply themselves in the Champions League, it's not out of this world to suggest this squad could scab it. There are worse squads than ours who might fancy their chances. We'd have to significantly lift the performances but surely the motivation now the league is gone shifts to the cups. And Utd lifting the trophy that is the pinnacle of club football would boil piss nqat.

Yep.

Every fan thinks their team is unlucky, their team is more hated and their team hers screwed by refs.
Closed Thread