United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-09-2016, 10:19 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Don't like him as a right mid but think he offers a lot at full back. I just wish he'd back himself more.
This. many times he could simply barge through the full back if he wanted, but he does that thing with his feet instead

Unread 26-09-2016, 10:20 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
This. many times he could simply barge through the full back if he wanted, but he does that thing with his feet instead

Unread 26-09-2016, 10:22 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

reported

Unread 26-09-2016, 10:34 AM
Stickman

Quote:

£#%&!en hell

Unread 26-09-2016, 10:39 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
£#%&!en hell
sign him up! Like an 18-year-old C. Ronaldo

Unread 26-09-2016, 11:18 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Tbf he's been really good lately, especially on Saturday.
did any get past first man? I remember at least three that didn't.

I do like Valencia. Tough, fast and getting better at defence. But he can't cross.

Unread 26-09-2016, 11:19 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

I do like Valencia. Tough, fast and getting better at defence. But he can't cross.
I meant his overall performances. I agree that he still can't cross.

Unread 26-09-2016, 11:46 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

Aye, a few of those crosses were just blindly banging it into the man 4ft in front of him and his positional sense isn't all there but what can one expect from a guy who isn't a full back? Love watching players bounce of him like he is Wesley Brown. He's done pretty well throughout a shit period and he isn't even a fullback.

Unread 26-09-2016, 12:21 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorg
this. Many times he could simply barge through the full back if he wanted, but he does that thing with his feet instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
sign him up! Like an 18-year-old c. Ronaldo
yhbr

Unread 17-10-2016, 10:43 PM
My Name is Keith

Another top class performance from Serious Tone.

Obvs the point scorerzzzzz will suggest that humble pie should be consumed but tbf to the lad, he has been largely awful or down right shite up until 7/8 months ago.

Long may the renaissance continue.

Unread 17-10-2016, 10:56 PM
red in cumbria

Yes, its almost a bit disconcerting how he has suddenly got good. Not complaining though

Unread 17-10-2016, 10:57 PM
AK14

That tackle on Firmino inside the box in the second half

Unread 17-10-2016, 10:59 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yes, its almost a bit disconcerting how he has suddenly got good. Not complaining though
*sigh*

he hasn't suddenly got good. he is a beast of a player. it's not surprising he has made the odd positional mistake at right back, though.

Unread 18-10-2016, 03:09 AM
Crumps

Shame he wasn't used as fullback from the start of his career tbh. Top pro, managers dream etc etc etc.

Unread 18-10-2016, 06:59 AM
Bunker Buster

Ploppy's worst thread ? Not for me to say but it's an abomination of a thread and easily sits in the top ten worst ever pixelated word pieces....

Unread 18-10-2016, 07:28 AM
Marlon Van Baron

I have to hold my hands up and say that I have changed my mind on Tony V.

Under Moyes and LVG he was abysmal. Jose has transformed him. No longer does he instantly look to pass sideways or backwards, no longer is he to scared to take on the last man, no longer does he aimlessly smash all his crosses low and hard across the face of goal.

That last ditch tackle last night was timed to perfection and was as worthy as DDG's two world class saves.

Tiger Tony > Timid Tony

Unread 18-10-2016, 10:37 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Ploppy's worst thread ? Not for me to say but it's an abomination of a thread and easily sits in the top ten worst ever pixelated word pieces....
It's the last night's performance of threads.

Spoke to some Liverpool fans about it earlier

Happy to just move on.

Unread 18-10-2016, 10:40 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
I have to hold my hands up and say that I have changed my mind on Tony V.

Under Moyes and LVG he was abysmal. Jose has transformed him. No longer does he instantly look to pass sideways or backwards, no longer is he to scared to take on the last man, no longer does he aimlessly smash all his crosses low and hard across the face of goal.

That last ditch tackle last night was timed to perfection and was as worthy as DDG's two world class saves.

Tiger Tony > Timid Tony
The foul he conceded by Milner running into him

Unread 18-10-2016, 10:42 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
The foul he conceded by Milner running into him
That ref gave so many of those kind of fouls last night. Their players flopping over from hardly any contact or them making contact with our players and getting a free kick.

Valencia was class again last night, becoming a very good right back.

Unread 18-10-2016, 10:46 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
That ref gave so many of those kind of fouls last night. Their players flopping over from hardly any contact or them making contact with our players and getting a free kick.

Valencia was class again last night, becoming a very good right back.

Make a song for him like we did for Carrick and he'll become a top player all of a sudden
Closed Thread