United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-07-2007, 03:34 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
I'm just hoping they dont get their way, and that FIFA sort it out, making the PL look the incompetent @#%&!s that they are.
Although of course anything that makes FIFA look like it is a competent organisation isn't great

Unread 11-07-2007, 03:37 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Although of course anything that makes FIFA look like it is a competent organisation isn't great

I'm just hoping it doesnt have to go beyond Fifa/The Fa, and into the law courts.

Unread 11-07-2007, 03:43 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Tevez will refuse to play for West Ham again, as long as he's on their books he's costing them. Also, if his contract includes them putting him up in a flat, they have just breached the contract so he can walk without any compensation being due.

I fully expect the deal to go through and for the transfer fee to be undisclosed with West Ham receiving a "significant proportion" of the fee ie £#%&! all but no figures quoted.

They've already evicted him. The #@&%!s break the rules then want it all their own way in the immediate aftermath. Call in the heavy hitters and drag 'em through the courts.

Unread 11-07-2007, 03:50 PM
TreeFiddy

What would happen if we just said 'fine, we'll pay the money to West Ham'?

Aside from MSI throwing a tantrum and taking us to court, Tevez would be our man, right?

Unread 11-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
What would happen if we just said 'fine, we'll pay the money to West Ham'?

Aside from MSI throwing a tantrum and taking us to court, Tevez would be our man, right?
Yes he would but the courts would rule that we need to compensate MSI. If we could guarantee that West Ham would pay any compo then that's a way forward but why can't we do what's right and shaft West Ham and the PL at the same time instead of looking for ways around the siuation for them?

Unread 11-07-2007, 04:01 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Yes he would but the courts would rule that we need to compensate MSI. If we could guarantee that West Ham would pay any compo then that's a way forward but why can't we do what's right and shaft West Ham and the PL at the same time instead of looking for ways around the siuation for them?

We owe West Ham a serious doing over anyway. Let's take the moral high ground for once ( ) and £#%&! them roight aaap !

Unread 11-07-2007, 04:01 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Because the PL are effectively business partners of ours so it would not be in he interests of the "business" that is Manchester United to do so

Unread 11-07-2007, 04:02 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Because the PL are effectively business partners of ours so it would not be in he interests of the "business" that is Manchester United to do so
What a load of baloney.

Unread 11-07-2007, 04:05 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
What a load of baloney.
Fraid not. United are not interested in what is the "right thing" to do, only what is right for United.

Unread 11-07-2007, 04:10 PM
TreeFiddy

Would this situation be different had we just turned up and relegated West Ham on the final day? I think it would. The premier league wouldn't have to defend West Ham and their crappy ruling because they'd be down anyway and we'd already have Carlitos signed and in the shirt.

Unread 11-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Harry Flashman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy

Dear Premier League,

Carlitos does not want to play for shitty 'Ammers any more. He must play for the Red Devils of Manchester. He no longer have contract with West Ham.

Mama Tevez x

Genius

Just e-mailed that one to the Premier League

Unread 11-07-2007, 04:53 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Fraid not. United are not interested in what is the "right thing" to do, only what is right for United.

I was referring to your statement that damage done to the Prem is damage done to United, I just don't see it that way. Payback time for the brazil fiasco methinks .

Unread 11-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Gizza

Just hope it doesn't go to the FA for sorting as they like shitting on United anyway, and with Barwick in charge, he'll side with West Ham and the PL!

Unread 11-07-2007, 05:35 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
I was referring to your statement that damage done to the Prem is damage done to United, I just don't see it that way. Payback time for the brazil fiasco methinks .
They'd just find another way to shit on us then

Unread 11-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Tumescent Throb

All the posturing over this is quite hilarious, with all manner of people who couldn't possibly know what is really going on claiming to understand this and that. Overall though, I'm surprisingly confident that the PL are not, in this case, trying to £#%&! United over.

For what it's worth, I'd say the onus is almost totally on West Ham; they need to tear up any contract they have with Tevez, be it loan deals, options for loan extensions, options for first refusal to purchase, options to have their say on his career for set lengths of time, or whatever, before he will be free to join United. This will no doubt be resolved by money, be that how much they make by releasing whatever tenuous shackles they seem to hold, or how much they are threatened with losing by not releasing them.

Easy to see why United steered well clear last summer now. Wonder what would've happened this summer had Torres not been so over-priced.

Unread 11-07-2007, 06:37 PM
El Calafate

should be an announcement on this tomorrow. nft.

Unread 11-07-2007, 06:46 PM
utd for ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
should be an announcement on this tomorrow. nft.
Yup....

That you are a wum legend...

Unread 11-07-2007, 06:51 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd for ever
Yup....

That you are a wum legend...
whatever. i'll bttt this thread tomorrow, just for you. nft.

Unread 11-07-2007, 06:56 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
When the governing bodies in football in England want to make themselves looked puffed up and important - they shit on Man Utd.

That's how it's always been.

Yep, that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Unread 11-07-2007, 06:58 PM
utd for ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
whatever. i'll bttt this thread tomorrow, just for you. nft.
No problem mate,a apology will be there for you if i am wrong...but imo it wont happen,it will take weeks to solve it...
Closed Thread