United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-08-2016, 11:46 AM
forzagarza

Default Old united programmes

Have a feeling I've asked this before but can't find it.

Are United programmes really worth anything (mainly home games)

I can't really find any evidence of any from the 1990s being worth much. Want to get rid of them anyway.

Unread 15-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza

I can't really find any evidence of any from the 1990s being worth much. Want to get rid of them anyway.
90s

Old my arse - get a proper collection pal

Unread 15-08-2016, 11:56 AM
Bunker Buster

Not worth much at all, I have boxes of them....from 1930-late 90's

My grandad printed them all his life...

Individual ones can pull in some cash but the others are quids if that...

Unread 15-08-2016, 11:59 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
90s

Old my arse - get a proper collection pal
It is a bit relative but they aren't new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Not worth much at all, I have boxes of them....from 1930-late 90's

My grandad printed them all his life...

Individual ones can pull in some cash but the others are quids if that...
Pain in the arse really as postage will probably be more than any value on ebay if any actually sell. might try and shift them as season lots or something

Unread 15-08-2016, 12:02 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
It is a bit relative but they aren't new

Pain in the arse really as postage will probably be more than any value on ebay if any actually sell. might try and shift them as season lots or something
If you have a full index and a price in mind let me know....could be interested.

Unread 15-08-2016, 12:05 PM
Switching Off

I'd probably take them aswell if Bunks doesnt want them. Used to collect avidly, but haven't for a good 20 years now. Still pick them up if I see them like.

Once bid £50 for the Sheff Weds one after Munich - bidding involved phoning the number in the Evening News It went for £80

Unread 15-08-2016, 12:06 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
If you have a full index and a price in mind let me know....could be interested.

Unread 15-08-2016, 12:06 PM
irk

Quote:

My mates dad makes a living buying and selling rare programmes. Utd v wimbledon 1989 isnt likely to be in much demand.

Unread 15-08-2016, 12:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Unread 15-08-2016, 12:09 PM
est.1878

Forge eric's signature on them

Even the 91 ones. Put rare in the title

Unread 15-08-2016, 12:10 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
House overflowing with boxes of worthless progs but you want to buy more?

Unread 15-08-2016, 12:12 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
House overflowing with boxes of worthless progs but you want to buy more?
He might have some I need....I like reading them sometimes..

The letter pages are cracking

Unread 15-08-2016, 12:13 PM
irk

Quote:

Are you getting readers wives and the united programme boxes mixed up again?

Unread 15-08-2016, 12:15 PM
My Name is Keith

Presume RI's aren't worth much either? Bought every issue from issue 1 for years until I realised I shouldn't be this depressed reading a fanzine about a team that was dominating the world at the time.

Chucked all my old united programmes out a couple of months back. Can't be arsed £#%&!ing around with shit like that.

Unread 15-08-2016, 12:18 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Good job her indoors doesnt see this

Progs, souvenirs, old records etc £#%&!ing pile of shite under the stairs cupboard. - told her it's worth a mint

Unread 15-08-2016, 12:18 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Presume RI's aren't worth much either? Bought every issue from issue 1 for years until I realised I shouldn't be this depressed reading a fanzine about a team that was dominating the world at the time.

Chucked all my old united programmes out a couple of months back. Can't be arsed £#%&!ing around with shit like that.
Nearly did the same with my programmes and copies of RI but couldnt bring myself to do it. None are worth shit though. I binned all my back copies of boxing monthly, ring magazine, KO after keeping them for years on the off chance they might be worth something.

Unread 15-08-2016, 12:27 PM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

You should have tried reading Red News when Eric was banned.

Unread 15-08-2016, 12:41 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Forge eric's signature on them

Even the 91 ones. Put rare in the title
My dad went to a sportsmans dinner and got the programme from that and it's signed by Fergie, beckenbauer and Johnny Giles (I think)

To increase it's value I decided to sign it as well then tried to rub it out and ended up ripping the top layer of card.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I'd probably take them aswell if Bunks doesnt want them. Used to collect avidly, but haven't for a good 20 years now. Still pick them up if I see them like.
I probably will stick them all in a spreadsheet. It will basically be a list of every game I've gone to ever

Unread 15-08-2016, 12:59 PM
75Red

Not worth much.

I've got a lot of my dad's old programmes, including the first match post-Munich. That one has blank spaces/dots where the United team names should be It's worth a bit less than it could be as the token is missing.

Also have the 1958 Cup Final, signed by the goal scorer, Nat Lofthouse and the 1963 Cup Final which looks like dad spilt a pint of Boddington's on it...well I hope it was beer anyway.

My own collection is from the Tommy Doc era through to Big Ron. I didn't bother keeping them from mid 1980s onwards.
Save

Unread 15-08-2016, 01:05 PM
Lok

Upon reading this thread I've been to ebay and purchased a programme from my first match for £2.79 including postage. Apparently it's in good condition.

In summary, they're pretty much worthless.

My step dad collects them and was on Granada Tonight in the early 90s showing off a rare world cup one and some others. Even though he has some very rare bits they're still not worth a fantastic amount.
Closed Thread