United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-08-2016, 11:35 PM
BobJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Tricky tie imo.

Would burst our bubble a bit, after the couple of weeks we've had.
Definitely.

2-1 United

Unread 12-08-2016, 12:24 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I meant him not you. Cool your nips.
Too late now.

I believe we will leather these Bournemouth bastards 3-0.
And get used to it lads, the days of 3/4 zip home games are BACK.

Unread 12-08-2016, 12:26 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Too late now.

I believe we will leather these Bournemouth bastards 3-0.
And get used to it lads, the days of 3/4 zip home games are BACK.
It's away cream..

Unread 12-08-2016, 12:35 AM
Cream

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It's away cream..
I've put all my v's on it.

Unread 12-08-2016, 01:14 AM
Zorg

The gifs would be good, tbf

Unread 12-08-2016, 03:16 AM
Clarkie

We're not getting beat.

This feels different

Unread 12-08-2016, 03:34 AM
Stickman

Will take any win.

Opening game is the most recoverable anyway so im usually fairly relaxed for it.

You're welcome.

£#%&! off.

Unread 12-08-2016, 04:34 AM
The taste of...

Know a bloke in his 40's from Bournemouth. House he was brought up in had no electricity. That would be in the 70's. They'd had some form of it on the £#%&!ing Moon by then.

Thanks Louis/Giggsy

Unread 12-08-2016, 04:52 AM
Fergie out 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Tricky tie imo.

Would burst our bubble a bit, after the couple of weeks we've had.
Saffers would post a "Mourinho has to be sacked TONIGHT" thread, NDAT.

Unread 12-08-2016, 07:10 AM
Red Al

Think we will win but if we get beat then thats football it happens plus it will take a bit of time for things to gell

Unread 12-08-2016, 07:30 AM
believe

Jose out.

Unread 12-08-2016, 07:50 AM
Billy Redface

This won't be easy.

We're in no position to start assuming victories yet. We don't know our side yet and it's a ground where we were beaten last year. I expect Bournemouth will fly at us again and we need to he ready for that.

We should have too much quality though.

Merson's predictions are up. Such a guilty pleasure. He always says something immensely dumb. This week, Burnley v Swansea is apparently a 'must win' game for Burnley.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...ning-victories

Unread 12-08-2016, 08:10 AM
MUFC One Love

The ABUs will get ridiculously giddy, memes galore. Every player a waste of money etc then in a few weeks it will be forgotton about when the team is settled and we're doing well. Blind worries me at centre back, he's one of the best footballers in the team and can look good at centre back when everything is in front of him but we concede some crap goals and it just shows hes never a centre back really.

Unread 12-08-2016, 08:25 AM
skcollob

Jose Moyseinho

Unread 12-08-2016, 08:27 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The ABUs will get ridiculously giddy, memes galore. Every player a waste of money etc then in a few weeks it will be forgotton about when the team is settled and we're doing well. Blind worries me at centre back, he's one of the best footballers in the team and can look good at centre back when everything is in front of him but we concede some crap goals and it just shows hes never a centre back really.
He doesn't make any more mistakes than Chris Smalling, our supposed best defender.

Unread 12-08-2016, 08:39 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
When has he made any mistakes? All last season people were saying 'This weekend he'll get found out as he's up against Lukaku...' or Aguero, or Kane, etc. Then the match comes and Blind strolls through it not troubled by any of them

Doesn't worry me in the slightest tbh.

Unread 12-08-2016, 08:44 AM
BobJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
When has he made any mistakes? All last season people were saying 'This weekend he'll get found out as he's up against Lukaku...' or Aguero, or Kane, etc. Then the match comes and Blind strolls through it not troubled by any of them

Blind vs Watford was the worst performance I've seen from a united player since Bebe vs Wolves.

Unread 12-08-2016, 08:48 AM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones
Blind vs Watford was the worst performance I've seen from a united player since Bebe vs Wolves.
TFM was worse than Blind in that game iirc .
Blind was far worse at Southampton .

Unread 12-08-2016, 08:50 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

He makes mistakes, ofcourse, but who doesn't?

As you say, kept clean sheets directly against Kane, Aguero and Lukaku: three of the league's best.

Meanwhile, Smalling scored two own goals. One in a semi final and got sent off in the final. I can only imagine the 'not a defender' calls if Blind had done that.

He might not be the answer, but he's plays the position well and is there on merit.

Unread 12-08-2016, 08:55 AM
BobJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
TFM was worse than Blind in that game iirc .
Blind was far worse at Southampton .
TFM had a very solid game considering the what was happening at the side of him..

Quote:
Manchester United Player Ratings: Mata shows his class as Blind struggles against Watford
Quote:
Timothy Fosu-Mensah: Booked early on but coped well with Deeney and Ighalo. Looks another hot young prospect from United's youth system - 7
Quote:
Daley Blind: Sloppy on the ball and suspect defensively - 5
I'm guessing 5 is the lowest a rating goes in that paper.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...tford-pictures
Closed Thread