VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Ouch!

Unread 09-08-2016, 08:47 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtemple
The money spent has gone mad and will kill the game, mark my words!
Old man yells at cloud

Unread 09-08-2016, 09:48 PM
saffers

Quote:

Pogba bargain of the summer.
Bolasie is class though, lets not forget trash like Lallana goes for £25m two years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpQL...utu.be&t=1m04s

Unread 09-08-2016, 09:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Brutal

Unread 09-08-2016, 10:00 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Bolasie is class though, lets not forget trash like Lallana goes for £25m two years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpQL...utu.be&t=1m04s
He's alright pal but he scored nine goals in three years with Palace in the Premier League. Getting £30m for him and replacing him with Youngie might be a bit of magic from Pardiola. It has gone mental in this league. £30m is now a standard price for a solid player.

Unread 09-08-2016, 10:04 PM
Kangared

the 27 million for Mkhitayrian is starting to look like the deal of the Summer

Unread 09-08-2016, 10:09 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
the 27 million for Mkhitayrian is starting to look like the deal of the Summer
pogba is a bargain at this rate. he is easily more than 3 times the player bolasie is

Unread 09-08-2016, 10:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
pogba is a bargain at this rate. he is easily more than 3 times the player bolasie is
This is a summer where Andre Ayew and Yannick Bolasie combined costs you over £50m. We've done incredible business.

Unread 09-08-2016, 10:35 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
This is a summer where Andre Ayew and Yannick Bolasie combined costs you over £50m. We've done incredible business.
i think the biggest surprise will be mikitariyan. i havnt seen him play but a few mates who watch the bundesliga say he is very very good and 27 million is a bargain. everyone talking about baileys CS performance , or pogba and zlatan whilst miki has gone under the radar.

apparently he is a genuine top red too

Unread 09-08-2016, 10:37 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Yep. We'll shift a few and end up with a net spend (I know, I know... ) of £100m- £120m.

Pretty standard amount for a club our size these days.

Unread 09-08-2016, 11:19 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Yep. We'll shift a few and end up with a net spend (I know, I know... ) of £100m- £120m.

Pretty standard amount for a club our size these days.
For all the sneering the net spend argument is perfectly valid. That's how much you have spent.

Not that it matters with us. We are clearly haemorrhaging money. Just about getting the right ones.

Unread 09-08-2016, 11:19 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Unread 09-08-2016, 11:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Think he's just given Mino and Jorge blank chequebooks tbh. Probably suits him down to the ground. Slightly worried about that moving forward, tbh.

Unread 09-08-2016, 11:37 PM
saffers

Quote:
Think he's just given Mino and Jorge blank chequebooks tbh. Probably suits him down to the ground. Slightly worried about that moving forward, tbh.

Unread 09-08-2016, 11:39 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
i think the biggest surprise will be mikitariyan. i havnt seen him play but a few mates who watch the bundesliga say he is very very good and 27 million is a bargain. everyone talking about baileys CS performance , or pogba and zlatan whilst miki has gone under the radar.

apparently he is a genuine top red too
Gone under the radar because he has hardly figured in recent games . Mou seems to have elevated Lingard above Micky after a couple of very disappointing games playing on the right. Cant help thinking maybe Lingards elevation may have been helped by the chase for his best buddy Pogba . Would love to see him at 10 , but it will take a few stinkfests from Rooney for that too happen , so should happen by about mid September

Unread 10-08-2016, 12:12 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtemple
The money spent has gone mad and will kill the game, mark my words!
How does that work then?

Quote:
Gone under the radar because he has hardly figured in recent games . Mou seems to have elevated Lingard above Micky after a couple of very disappointing games playing on the right. Cant help thinking maybe Lingards elevation may have been helped by the chase for his best buddy Pogba . Would love to see him at 10 , but it will take a few stinkfests from Rooney for that too happen , so should happen by about mid September
Giving Rooney the rope before he makes Micky number 10 behind zlatan.

Unread 10-08-2016, 12:37 AM
Tronics

Quote:
savage

Unread 10-08-2016, 09:05 AM
dunk

Quote:
I'm not having the logic that Lingard has been picked because he is Pogba's mate at all

Mkhi is just being given time to settle and Lingard is clearly impressing in training and in his appearances for the team.

From what I've heard it took Mkhitaryan a season to settle in Germnay mad start performing..

Mou needs to display the stones to drop Rooney who has been toss in all his appearances.. He won't though, not yet, it's too early and Rooney needs to be given his 10 games to get up to speed.

Unread 10-08-2016, 09:14 AM
Billy Redface

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'm not having the logic that Lingard has been picked because he is Pogba's mate at all

Mkhi is just being given time to settle and Lingard is clearly impressing in training and in his appearances for the team.

From what I've heard it took Mkhitaryan a season to settle in Germnay mad start performing..

Mou needs to display the stones to drop Rooney who has been toss in all his appearances.. He won't though, not yet, it's too early and Rooney needs to be given his 10 games to get up to speed.
Spot on

I'm not the biggest lingard fan, but he's had a good preseason and scored a great goal at the weekend. There's one or two who already look a little different under José. Valencia is another.

He's there on merit, right now. Mickey's time will come.

The Rooney situation, as always, is an issue. I'm not just slating him. I don't hate him. I don't want him to fail, but the reality is that there are better players than him in every position he can adequately perform in. He'll still have his moments because he's a winner, a hard worker and he's talented......but his overall game is poor. And, unlike others, it's the norm for him. His touch and passing are generally poor by default now. It's only a matter of time until he's identified as a weak link and we can no longer hold back the likes of Rashford, Lingard, Mickey and Martial.

He'll start though and he has an opportunity to nail down his spot and prove everyone wrong. I hope he does.
Closed Thread