United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-09-2012, 03:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I can see a bit of what you're saying Maggers but the problem is whenever you look back at anything in life it always seemed better. When you think of our past teams you just think we beat everyone other than the big teams 5-0 etc but we didn't, there were shit games then too.

The biggest problem I have with United atm is the complete lack of pressure when we don't have the ball and passive play. It does my head in.
Yes, that is basically it. And the thing is, in the all too brief periods when we abandon that approach, we look a lot better

Unread 20-09-2012, 03:40 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I can see a bit of what you're saying Maggers but the problem is whenever you look back at anything in life it always seemed better. When you think of our past teams you just think we beat everyone other than the big teams 5-0 etc but we didn't, there were shit games then too.

The biggest problem I have with United atm is the complete lack of pressure when we don't have the ball and passive play. It does my head in
There's that.

There's also the 'score - then sit back and appear happy to stay at 1-0' tactic which usually blows right up in our face. Last night would've been a prime example, except we got very lucky. How many times over the past few season have we just lobbed points away?

Also, City away last season - no %@#$&!s from the manager or players, despite it being a title decider (more or less). Liverpool away has become a horror show for us when we used to turn up with swagger and at least have a go. Some of our displays are embarrassing there now. The courage we show is abysmal.

My biggest gripe, more than any other is 'rotation'. Our team sheet is never the same, players always out of position or 'rested' and it usually ends in tears. We need continuity and a settled side - never happens.

Unread 20-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Sloppy

Unread 20-09-2012, 03:58 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

Unread 20-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
Midfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by den
midfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
midfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
No defensive midfielder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
midfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Great goal from Carrick last night

Unread 20-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Jerry the Berry

Cleverley started the season well and looked like he could really push on and become a top player. He was very important in the change of style of play to a 3 man midfield and linked up brilliantly with Kagawa. Some good one and two touch play; short passing and fluid football that we haven't seen for a while. It was good to watch. It had fantastic potential and with 6 or so games together it could of proved to be the defining point in our change style.

AND THEN...

We have a bad half an hour against Southampton and that's it.

Sir Mother £#%&!erson and his little merry men shit their pants and revert to type, building the team around Scholes and just letting him get the back to Valencia as soon as possible and hope we get something from one of his powerful crosses.

Predictable and dull. Our system has been found out for the last couple of years as other teams have evolved with different formations and yet we revert back to this shite time and again.

Bring back Carlos Queiroz or anyone who has a clue tactically and can ignite some fresh coaching ideas into the team. It's gonna be another long seaosn i'm afraid.

Ps. Shocking thread Magic

Unread 20-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry the Berry
Cleverley started the season well and looked like he could really push on and become a top player. He was very important in the change of style of play to a 3 man midfield and linked up brilliantly with Kagawa. Some good one and two touch play; short passing and fluid football that we haven't seen for a while. It was good to watch. It had fantastic potential and with 6 or so games together it could of proved to be the defining point in our change style.

AND THEN...

Sir Mother £#%&!erson and his little merry men shit their pants and revert to type, building the team around Scholes and just letting him get the back to Valencia as soon as possible and hope we get something from one of his powerful crosses.

Predictable and dull. Our system has been found out for the last couple of years as other teams have evolved with different formations and yet we revert back to this shite time and again.

Bring back Carlos Queiroz or anyone who has a clue tactically and can ignite some fresh coaching ideas into the team. It's gonna be another long seaosn i'm afraid.

I think cleverly has a good footballing brain on him, his awareness of space especially finding it around a congested 18 yard box is excellent. However his execution isn't quite there yet - as shown when he played for England and missed about 3 absolute sitters.

Agree with the rest though. Tactically we're in danger of being left miles behind by our closest rivals.

There should have been a total change in team shape and tactics after the european cup final of 2009 when Barca embarrassed us on the first occasion. This is all happening 3 years too late imho.

Fraggie obviously feels something needs changing but it's clear he hasn't got the coaches to implement it for him on the training pitch.

Unread 20-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

all we need now is a 'what's wrong with the world?' thread and we can close all the others.

Unread 20-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Jerry the Berry

Quote:
I think cleverly has a good footballing brain on him, his awareness of space especially finding it around a congested 18 yard box is excellent. However his execution isn't quite there yet - as shown when he played for England and missed about 3 absolute sitters.

I agree but a consistent run in the team would help with that.

I wouldn't mind, but he's not even £#%&!ing injured at the moment, we should be getting everything we can out of him.

Unread 20-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry the Berry

AND THEN...

From hero to zero.

Unread 20-09-2012, 04:49 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
all we need now is a 'what's wrong with the world?' thread and we can close all the others.
I just wish we could close your face, tie your arms behind your back and lob you off a pier.

No offenze, mind.

Unread 20-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
swollen headed? have you looked in the mirror lately?

anyway, its been done a million times. we are the shit@#%&!s. it doesnt need an attention seeking thread to clarify it all
I know, the nerve posting a football thread related to Man Utd on a man utd forum.

Got anymore shit music threads for us pol?

Unread 20-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Alan

Frogson these days seems to treat United like a game of champ manager. He picks random players from the tombola in random 'shapes', presses 'play' and sits back and watches. There appears to be zero organisation of the team. Nobody knows wtf they are supposed to be doing.
I am embarassed on United's behalf at what RVP and Kagawa must be thinking when they go into training organised by that bald £#%&!ing simpleton.

Consistency in selection and tactics would certainly help, but you need someone to actually teach those tactics. It looks like nobody does that at all.

It baffles me why Frogson is happy to spend multi millions on players, but have mongoloids coaching them, 'treating' their endless injuries, and scouting new players. I would be straight to newcastle nicking their scouts, £#%&!ing off that useless @#%&! in the shorts and seeing what @#%&!arse is upto. Or imagine getting Guardiola in, even part-time :mmmonkey:

United at present shows how good players can play crap football through awful coaching, whereas other sides show how inferior players can play better football through good coaching. Barcelona have both and a result are quite good tbh.

Unread 20-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Frogson these days seems to treat United like a game of champ manager.

Unread 20-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Frogson these days seems to treat United like a game of champ manager. He picks random players from the tombola in random 'shapes', presses 'play' and sits back and watches. There appears to be zero organisation of the team. Nobody knows wtf they are supposed to be doing.
I am embarassed on United's behalf at what RVP and Kagawa must be thinking when they go into training organised by that bald £#%&!ing simpleton.

Consistency in selection and tactics would certainly help, but you need someone to actually teach those tactics. It looks like nobody does that at all.

It baffles me why Frogson is happy to spend multi millions on players, but have mongoloids coaching them, 'treating' their endless injuries, and scouting new players. I would be straight to newcastle nicking their scouts, £#%&!ing off that useless @#%&! in the shorts and seeing what @#%&!arse is upto. Or imagine getting Guardiola in, even part-time :mmmonkey:

United at present shows how good players can play crap football through awful coaching, whereas other sides show how inferior players can play better football through good coaching. Barcelona have both and a result are quite good tbh.

Unread 20-09-2012, 05:48 PM
borsuk

Quote:

what a £#%&!ing crock of shit

you honestly believe the most successful manager the game's ever seen doesn't know if his coaches are any good or not? or knows and couldn't give a shit? £#%&!sakes

Unread 20-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
There should have been a total change in team shape and tactics after the european cup final of 2009 .
to what?

manchester united traditionally play with wingers...

Unread 20-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

you honestly believe the most successful manager the game's ever seen doesn't know if his coaches are any good or not? or knows and couldn't give a shit? £#%&!sakes
what team do you reckon alan supports?

what a #@&%!

Unread 20-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

he's spot on tbf. great post alan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
to what?

manchester united traditionally play with wingers...
cool story, thanks for sharing

Unread 20-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
he's spot on tbf. great post alan.

cool story, thanks for sharing
er no, his opening line was about a computer game

and it isn't a story, it's an identity
Closed Thread