United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-09-2012, 01:49 PM
HarkNowHear

I hope you don't intend to bring this football clap trap to curry night.

Unread 20-09-2012, 01:52 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
I hope you don't intend to bring this football clap trap to curry night.
God no.

It's just sex talk for me, mate

Harri Jaffa

At least other people are finally realising what Fletcher brought to the team

Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Muslamic raygun?
acrostic reds.

Unread 20-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Part 36 Offer

Tbf to magic he has a point. Just an incredibly obvious one.

The midfield issue is the crux of the problem for me. And anyone else with a brain.

No energy, no runners from deep, no support for the forwards, no physicality...the list is £#%&!ing endless. Drives me insane :shakehead:

Unread 20-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

Great goal from Carrick last night

Unread 20-09-2012, 01:55 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

The midfield issue is the crux of the problem for me. And anyone else with a brain.

No energy, no runners from deep, no support for the forwards, no physicality...the list is £#%&!ing endless. Drives me insane :shakehead:
Ahhh right - slate the thread cos it's magics and then totally agree with it
Australian bastard.

Unread 20-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up

Quote:

Fletcher will be back in a month or so

Unread 20-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Ahhh right - slate the thread cos it's magics and then totally agree with it
Australian bastard.
It's a shit thread pol

But it's clear there are issues with the team hence the sentiment of my post.

Unread 20-09-2012, 02:00 PM
den

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
acrostic reds.
snr crime what ?

Unread 20-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by den
snr crime what ?
Big words, Den.

Leave it.

Unread 20-09-2012, 02:14 PM
den

Quote:
Big words, Den.

Leave it.
i see your bossing the place , i must inform the others ...

Unread 20-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by den
i see your bossing the place , i must inform the others ...
Not now mother. :shakehead:

Unread 20-09-2012, 02:19 PM
den

Quote:
Not now mother. :shakehead:
stop wearing her skin ..

Unread 20-09-2012, 02:23 PM
atticusgrinch

No defensive midfielder.

A cretin controlling training.

Unread 20-09-2012, 02:25 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Fletcher will be back in a month or so
Fletcher has an epileptic colon. The only place he's going back to is his pebbledashed shitter.

Unread 20-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
2 £#%&!ing yes men next to Fergie isn't helping.
Quote:

It's quite simple. Our manager and his pair of dunces either side of him haven't got a clue how to evolve the team to a more modern, free flowing formation. they haven't got a £#%&!ing clue.

Every time Frogson has tried to navigate away from his default 4-4-2, it's failed miserably. 4-4-2 is a good formation but puts a hell of a lot of pressure on the midfield 2 to become the engine room of the team and get about the pitch. We all know about our problems in that area.

So we come to this #@&%!-eyed 4-2-3-1 formation we've been trying for all of 3 and a half games this season. It looks awful on us. kagawa and Van persie look exactly what they are - 2 players who have hardly played together in a new team that doesn't really know how to use them properly.

Kagawa in particular is being horribly mis-managed. He wants to operate just infront of the centre circle, pick the ball up on the turn and thread balls between the centre backs and full backs. Whereas our mantra is 'get the ball to scholes or carrick 30 yards from our own goal where he can launch diagonal passes to valencia over and over'. And while we're on the subject of Valencia, he was £#%&!ing garbage last night. Smashing crosses all over the shop, not a hint of composure or trying to pick a man out. On the other flank is Nani who i am completely finished with tbh, at 25 years of age he still plays like a clueless 18 year old, unforgivable.

If we're going to play this way then we need players who offer more than just bombing up the wings smashing 7/10 crosses into the stands. City play a similar formation and have tevez, silva & nasri operating in the Nani, Kagawa and Valencia roles. How many times do you see tevez and nasri out on the touchlines smashing hopeful crosses about? you don't, they come inside, play one touch passes, move into space etc etc.

One of our major problems as well is the speed of our passing. It's so slow sometimes it borders on pedestrian. Every player insisting on having 3 or 4 touches and the lack of basic things like we saw in one brief instance which tore them apart - a player (carrick) playing a give and go, then breaking from deep into their penalty area. So simple yet so effective and something which barcelona have done countless times in recent years.

Unread 20-09-2012, 03:07 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's quite simple. Our manager and his pair of dunces either side of him haven't got a clue how to evolve the team to a more modern, free flowing formation. they haven't got a £#%&!ing clue.

Every time Frogson has tried to navigate away from his default 4-4-2, it's failed miserably. 4-4-2 is a good formation but puts a hell of a lot of pressure on the midfield 2 to become the engine room of the team and get about the pitch. We all know about our problems in that area.

So we come to this #@&%!-eyed 4-2-3-1 formation we've been trying for all of 3 and a half games this season. It looks awful on us. kagawa and Van persie look exactly what they are - 2 players who have hardly played together in a new team that doesn't really know how to use them properly.

Kagawa in particular is being horribly mis-managed. He wants to operate just infront of the centre circle, pick the ball up on the turn and thread balls between the centre backs and full backs. Whereas our mantra is 'get the ball to scholes or carrick 30 yards from our own goal where he can launch diagonal passes to valencia over and over'. And while we're on the subject of Valencia, he was £#%&!ing garbage last night. Smashing crosses all over the shop, not a hint of composure or trying to pick a man out. On the other flank is Nani who i am completely finished with tbh, at 25 years of age he still plays like a clueless 18 year old, unforgivable.

If we're going to play this way then we need players who offer more than just bombing up the wings smashing 7/10 crosses into the stands. City play a similar formation and have tevez, silva & nasri operating in the Nani, Kagawa and Valencia roles. How many times do you see tevez and nasri out on the touchlines smashing hopeful crosses about? you don't, they come inside, play one touch passes, move into space etc etc.

One of our major problems as well is the speed of our passing. It's so slow sometimes it borders on pedestrian. Every player insisting on having 3 or 4 touches and the lack of basic things like we saw in one brief instance which tore them apart - a player (carrick) playing a give and go, then breaking from deep into their penalty area. So simple yet so effective and something which barcelona have done countless times in recent years.
Majority of it tbh

Unread 20-09-2012, 03:27 PM
MUFC One Love

I can see a bit of what you're saying Maggers but the problem is whenever you look back at anything in life it always seemed better. When you think of our past teams you just think we beat everyone other than the big teams 5-0 etc but we didn't, there were shit games then too.

The biggest problem I have with United atm is the complete lack of pressure when we don't have the ball and passive play. It does my head in.

Unread 20-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Fletcher has an epileptic colon. The only place he's going back to is his pebbledashed shitter.
Closed Thread