United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-06-2012, 01:43 PM
dunk

Kagawa, Modric and Lewandowski?

Doesn't really solve the shipping goals issues we've been having, or the FB uncertainty. Or the lack of any presence in CM, but it should be fun from an attacking pov.

Unread 08-06-2012, 01:44 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Kagawa, Modric and Lewandowski?

Doesn't really solve the shipping goals issues we've been having, or the FB uncertainty. Or the lack of any presence in CM, but it should be fun from an attacking pov.
Modric?

Unread 08-06-2012, 01:44 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Modric?

5'7'' and 11 stone of brutal power

Unread 08-06-2012, 01:48 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Modric?
dunk wants a big fat lad. Sort of like Freddie Flintoff.

Unread 08-06-2012, 01:50 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
:bi:

Unread 08-06-2012, 01:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
I just don't want someone else that Yaya Toure or Fellaini or Tiote or Obi Mikel or Ramires or Lucas can knock over with a flex of a bicep tbh.

Someone that can actually knock players over from time to time, maybe even put a decent tackle in shocking, I know.

Unread 08-06-2012, 01:55 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
I just don't want someone else that Yaya Toure or Fellaini or Tiote or Obi Mikel or Ramires or Lucas can knock over with a flex of a bicep tbh.

Someone that can actually knock players over from time to time, maybe even put a decent tackle in shocking, I know.
I agree -we need some steel in our midfield. Shocking how they get/got bossed last season (and the season before that, and the season before that). How many times have we seen the likes of Bellamy and co shoving our players about and only Rafael having the %@#$&!s to step up?

It's about time we had an enforcer (as well as Kaggers and Modders).

Unread 08-06-2012, 01:55 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:

Problem isn't getting the ball but what we do with it.

Modric would be a good signing, but won't be happening anyway.

Did you know we averaged more tackles per game than Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Newcastle, Spurs last season?

Unread 08-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I agree -we need some steel in our midfield. Shocking how they get/got bossed last season (and the season before that, and the season before that). How many times have we seen the likes of Bellamy and co shoving our players about and only Rafael having the %@#$&!s to step up?

It's about time we had an enforcer (as well as Kaggers and Modders).

Unread 08-06-2012, 02:04 PM
dunk

Quote:

Did you know we averaged more tackles per game than Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Newcastle, Spurs last season?
Do you watch United? Getting the ball back was one of the biggest issues we had last season, the opposition waltzing through the centre of the midfield was another, as was ball retention. Modric will help with the last one, no doubt, the other things not so much.

The signing of Modric will be an excellent one, as long as a replacement for the Hargreaves/Fletcher type player that we have lacked for the last 2-3 years arrives too.

Unread 08-06-2012, 02:14 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Do you watch United? Getting the ball back was one of the biggest issues we had last season, the opposition waltzing through the centre of the midfield was another, as was ball retention. Modric will help with the last one, no doubt, the other things not so much.

The signing of Modric will be an excellent one, as long as a replacement for the Hargreaves/Fletcher type player that we have lacked for the last 2-3 years arrives too.
Could we not solve this to a great extent by keeping the ball better?

Unread 08-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Baron

Quote:

Half of those were Rooney's 2nd touch tbf

Unread 08-06-2012, 02:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Could we not solve this to a great extent by keeping the ball better?
To some extent, but you still need to get the £#%&!er back and prevent the opposition having nice, comfortable possession all the time, as is the current game plan.

Unread 08-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Half of those were Rooney's 2nd touch tbf
or parks 1st

Unread 08-06-2012, 03:02 PM
borsuk

Quote:
To some extent, but you still need to get the £#%&!er back and prevent the opposition having nice, comfortable possession all the time, as is the current game plan.
but that's more about having intelligent mobile players able to press intelligently than having a physically strong player.

Unread 08-06-2012, 03:03 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
but that's more about having intelligent mobile players able to press intelligently than having a physically strong player.
A German football journo was on Talkshite I think, sure he said that was an attribute of Kagawa.

Unread 08-06-2012, 03:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
Both helps.

Unread 08-06-2012, 03:34 PM
rafabio

hopefully scouse @#%&! is £#%&!ed off to the rent boys.

Unread 08-06-2012, 03:34 PM
andyroo

Quote:
A German football journo was on Talkshite I think, sure he said that was an attribute of Kagawa.
Tautology ahoy. They call him the Taut Kraut.

Unread 08-06-2012, 03:35 PM
saffers

Still no youtube? Standards slippin'

Closed Thread