I think it was in fact a simile?

Am I getting the dunce cap again?
yep.

Unread 08-06-2012, 12:15 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Name on the back of shirt sales.
Aren't they all just having "Clooney" on their backs next season?

Unread 08-06-2012, 12:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
yep.

Fair enough

Unread 08-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Bunker Buster

Our second signing, just modders and powelly to finish our summer spending..

Bring on next season..

Unread 08-06-2012, 12:35 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Our second signing, just modders and powelly to finish our summer spending..

Bring on next season..
3rd? Henriquez?

Unread 08-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
3rd? Henriquez?
He's in the mix, not really a signing as such, first team footballers...

If he comes he'll be loaned / reserve cardie rotted.

Unread 08-06-2012, 12:38 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He's in the mix, not really a signing as such, first team footballers...

If he comes he'll be loaned / reserve cardie rotted.

Be sorta the same with Powell?

You also missed out on us spending £20 million on a rather mediocre fullback.

Unread 08-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Bunker Buster

I miss nothing, we aint in for baines....

Unread 08-06-2012, 12:42 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I miss nothing, we aint in for baines....

Unread 08-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Baron

Apparently he was just giving his opinions...

Quote:
"They won't stay at Dortmund for long. IMO, Dewy to Man Utd, Kuba somewhere in England and Piszczek to Real Madrid."
etc

Unread 08-06-2012, 01:00 PM
borsuk

alright, i've found the original quote. er, it looks like he's on his way

Quote:
Piszczek nadaje się do Realu Madryt?
Absolutnie. I tam też będzie wyróżniającym się zawodnikiem. Ten chłopak ma talent, charakter, aby podbić Europę. Zresztą wszyscy ci trzej z Dortmundu. I moim zdaniem za chwilę już ich w Dortmundzie nie będzie, tylko w jeszcze silniejszych klubach. "Lewy" idzie do Manchesteru United, Kuba też gdzieś do Anglii, Piszczek do Realu. Oni mają swój cel i oni chcą się rozwijać. To nie jest górny pułap ich możliwości. Oni nie patrzą na zabawę, na wesela, na pijaństwo. Na nich tę kadrę opieram. Są wzorem, daję za nich głowę. Marzyłem, aby pracować z takimi ludźmi. Zrobili karierę i są doskonałym przykładem. W połączeniu z nimi wielu innych zawodników wchodzi na tę najwyższą półkę - Rybus, Szczęsny, Obraniak.

Is Piszczek suitable (good enough) for Real Madrid?
"Absolutely. And he'll stand out there. The boy has the talent and character to conquer (make it in) Europe. It's true of all those three from Dortmund. And in my opinion pretty soon all three will leave Dortmund, but only to go to even stronger clubs. 'Lewy' is going to Manchester United, Kuba also to somewhere in England, Piszczek to Real. They have their goals and they want to develop. That (where they are now) isn't the summit of their abilities. They don't look at having a good time, going to parties, drinking. The squad is built around them. They are examples (for the others), I'd give my head for them. I've dreamed of working with people like this. They've built their careers and they are wonderful role models. With them, many other (of our) players can reach the top level."

from that he's not just guessing, it's absolutely certain.

it would be a very interesting buy tbh. lewandowski has been outstanding for two years, reminiscent of ruud in many ways. the only question is whether he can maintain this kind of level.

Unread 08-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
alright, i've found the original quote. er, it looks like he's on his way

Is Piszczek suitable (good enough) for Real Madrid?
"Absolutely. And he'll stand out there. The boy has the talent and character to conquer (make it in) Europe. It's true of all those three from Dortmund. And in my opinion pretty soon all three will leave Dortmund, but only to go to even stronger clubs. 'Lewy' is going to Manchester United, Kuba also to somewhere in England, Piszczek to Real. They have their goals and they want to develop. That (where they are now) isn't the summit of their abilities. They don't look at having a good time, going to parties, drinking. The squad is built around them. They are examples (for the others), I'd give my head for them. I've dreamed of working with people like this. They've built their careers and they are wonderful role models. With them, many other (of our) players can reach the top level."

from that he's not just guessing, it's absolutely certain.

it would be a very interesting buy tbh. lewandowski has been outstanding for two years, reminiscent of ruud in many ways. the only question is whether he can maintain this kind of level.

It's his opinion, Mindstein.

Unread 08-06-2012, 01:09 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
It's his opinion, Mindstein.

his opinion is that all three will be leaving but the only one he's uncertain about is błaszczykowski, the other two he's very clear about. if it was an opinion he'd have used a different form than 'idzie' - 'is going'.

of course he might be bullshitting or he might just be wrong. but that's what he said.

Unread 08-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

poles are notorious for being thicks, he probably just read it on a forum somewhere and took it as gospel.

Unread 08-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Switching Off

BREAKING: Away from issues of #racism overshadowing start of #EURO2012 news that Polish striker #Lewandowski close to signing for #ManUtd
Retweeted by Peter Schmeichel

Unread 08-06-2012, 01:24 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Even Ronny Johnsen is talking him up on Twitter.

We won't be signing him ffs

Unread 08-06-2012, 01:35 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Even Ronny Johnsen is talking him up on Twitter.

We won't be signing him ffs
Be a touch odd for his national boss to come out with this if there was nowt in it.

The WARCHEST has been thrust open!! Huzzah!

Unread 08-06-2012, 01:39 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Be a touch odd for his national boss to come out with this if there was nowt in it.

The WARCHEST has been thrust open!! Huzzah!
We've been interested for months, originally came from a report in Germany saying we had interest in Kagawa, Hummels & the Polish lad.

2 years left on his deal, talks have broken down but can't see Dortmund selling him this summer.
Closed Thread