United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-12-2010, 01:35 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: Team v Valencia - The Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
I was being facetious tbf however I would still play Scholes (not in a pair) but with Carrick and Anderson. Wouldnt be averse to playing Giggs in there instead of Anderson either tbh.
Come on then, put a team up.

Unread 07-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Ando is a fat wind beaten £#%&!er. You don't know what you're going to get out of him.

Unread 07-12-2010, 01:42 PM
PaulParkers

Talking Re: Team v Valencia - The Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Come on then, put a team up.
VDS

Rafael
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Nani
Scholes
Carrick
Giggs
Park

Rooney
Berbatov

Unread 07-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Withers

Quote:
VDS

Rafael
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Nani
Scholes
Carrick
Giggs
Park

Rooney
Berbatov
Not done this before have you?

Unread 07-12-2010, 01:46 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Not done this before have you?
Didnt see the laughing smilie at the top did you?

Unread 07-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Withers

Quote:
Didnt see the laughing smilie at the top did you?
That was meant to be a joke?

Now you definately haven't done that before have you?

Unread 07-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Interesting stat that I'm sure everyone already knows about, courtesy of the sun-

If we win tonight without conceding, we'll be the first team to qualify from a champions league group without conceding a goal.

Unread 07-12-2010, 01:54 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
That was meant to be a joke?

Now you definately haven't done that before have you?

Unread 07-12-2010, 01:57 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Ando is a fat wind beaten £#%&!er. You don't know what you're going to get out of him.
Love Fuzzles.

Unread 07-12-2010, 02:14 PM
forwardirektion

Mob of Valencia on market street carrying on.

Or if I'm not writing in a crumps style....Just been on my dinner and about 10 valencia fans in orange club coats were dancing to a busker on market street.

Unread 07-12-2010, 02:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion

Or if I'm not writing in a crumps style....Just been on my dinner and about 10 valencia fans in orange club coats were dancing to a busker on market street.
Trying to find Albert Square for Paella?

Unread 07-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Really looking forward to this exciting game. 1-0 Valencia.

Unread 07-12-2010, 02:25 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Really looking forward to this exciting game. 1-0 Valencia.
Phew.

Unread 07-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Not joking on this one AJ. It's going to be a dire game. You'd think with the weather conditions we would have an advantage

Unread 07-12-2010, 02:31 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Not joking on this one AJ. It's going to be a dire game. You'd think with the weather conditions we would have an advantage
I think we might play rather well with a full team out.

I'm looking forward to t, after Satdee being called off and the shambles at West Ham want to get back to seeing Berb, Rooney and Nani playing together up front.

Unread 07-12-2010, 02:37 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion

Sure it's not wee man and his mates?

Unread 07-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Tumescent Throb

same team as against blackburn

and same again at home to arsenal

only position in any doubt should be who plays alongside carrick. maybe scholes will get the nod tonight if he's fit yet.

Unread 07-12-2010, 02:50 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Sure it's not wee man and his mates?
Wasn't them, there wasn't any buckfast or shitting in tk maxx's doorway.

Unread 07-12-2010, 03:12 PM
antonin jablonsky

Fergie's said he's playing his strongest team hasn't he? Be interesting to find out what he thinks it is. I predict O' Shea in midfield and G Nev at right back.

Unread 07-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Fergie's said he's playing his strongest team hasn't he? Be interesting to find out what he thinks it is. I predict O' Shea in midfield and G Nev at right back.
Sir Alex Ferguson insists United's sights are set on rounding off a successful Champions League group stage campaign with victory over Valencia, rather than peering ahead to looming clashes with Arsenal and Chelsea.
Although the prospect of squaring up against the current Premier League leaders and reigning champions in quick succession is tantalising, Sir Alex and his players are focused solely on pipping the Spaniards to to top spot in Group C. The Boss admits his players are champing at the bit after the postponement of Saturday's trip to Blackpool.

"I think we need it," Sir Alex told his pre-match press conference. "We haven’t played for 10 days and I will play our strongest side tomorrow. Then we have six days to prepare for the Arsenal game, so it’s okay.
"We’d have preferred to play the game on Saturday. We wanted it to be played. The only advantage we’ve got is that no-one gets injured. I suppose it’s a bit of fortune in that way, but I think the players would rather have played. But we’ve trained well, we’ve got the benefit of undersoil heating at our training ground, which is always an advantage, so I think we’re ready."
Sir Alex admits topping Group C is the Reds' safest route into the knockout stages of the Champions League, although he is intrigued to see how Valencia will approach their trip to Old Trafford in terms of tactics.

"I think the sensible approach is to avoid the bigger-hitters like Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich," he said. "All the teams that are number one in their group at the moment, and we can only do that if we do finish first in our group and that’s what we want to do.

"Our history against Valencia has always been very tough games, always tight and I think it’ll be that way tomorrow. It’ll be interesting to see how they set out. In Saturday night’s match with Real Madrid, they were very compact and didn’t show a lot of positive efforts to win the match, but they were very difficult to beat. Their previous away game they played five at the back against Villarreal, which was very unusual for them.
"I think we’re going to see a team that comes here and is very, very difficult to beat."

link
Closed Thread