United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-11-2010, 12:36 AM
oohahhpaulmcgrath

Default Get rooney back to his best,and its number 19

simple, if he can reproduce last seasons form we can piss this league,forget the booing him and get behind the team and we can become the most sucsessfull team in the history of english football!

Unread 15-11-2010, 12:39 AM
wonky no

Default Re: Get rooney back to his best,and its number 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohahhpaulmcgrath
simple, if he can reproduce last seasons form we can piss this league,forget the booing him and get behind the team and we can become the most sucsessfull team in the history of english football!
how do we do that then? cut his #@&%! off?

Unread 15-11-2010, 12:40 AM
Happy Camper

Quote:
Oh my days.

I wouldn't like to call the league outcome at the minute, other than to say it will be us/Chelsea/Arsenal.

Unread 15-11-2010, 12:48 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper
Oh my days.

I wouldn't like to call the league outcome at the minute, other than to say it will be us/Chelsea/Arsenal.
?

Unread 15-11-2010, 12:48 AM
oohahhpaulmcgrath

Quote:
Oh my days.

we play the arse and the rent boys next month if he is anywere near his best form we will beat them both

Unread 15-11-2010, 12:50 AM
Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
?
Physically sickening spelling.

Quote:
we play the arse and the rent boys next month if he is anywere near his best form we will beat them both
We'll be lucky.

Unread 15-11-2010, 12:52 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
much like the last two seasons, no one looks the dog's and it's there for the taking. I just hope we're consistent enough to take it. Sunderland winning today should be a bonus, not a necessity.

Unread 15-11-2010, 01:05 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Say it every season, and all the way up to the last few games people back Arsenal. They don't have the backbone, and they never will.

Yet again it'll be between us and Chelsea, if we can take advantage of this no lampard/Essien situation and get on top, then it'd look a lot better for us.

Unread 15-11-2010, 01:06 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Physically sickening spelling.

We'll be lucky.
no, no, I don't know what that turn of phrase is supposed to mean. It's totally nonsensical.

Oh my beans.

Unread 15-11-2010, 01:12 AM
The Return of JC

Agree about Arsenal, GM. They look no more equipped than any previous years: They can beat anyone, rip into teams etc etc, but they are soft centred, tactically embarrassing and, put simply, the third best team in the country. Very good, but not good enough to win the league. They don't tick all the boxes. It's been us and Chelsea for six years and i don't see that changing.

Unread 15-11-2010, 01:20 AM
Happy Camper

Quote:
?you 2 get a room you obviously have issues you need to resolve
I'm a 1 hole man thanks.

Unread 15-11-2010, 01:23 AM
oohahhpaulmcgrath

Quote:
I'm a 1 hole man thanks.
only one? i like all 3

Unread 15-11-2010, 01:24 AM
Happy Camper

Quote:
only one? i like all 3
3?

Unread 15-11-2010, 01:37 AM
oohahhpaulmcgrath

Quote:
3?
you want a diagram?

Unread 15-11-2010, 01:38 AM
Happy Camper

Quote:
you want a diagram?
I'll have a dyergramm please.

Unread 15-11-2010, 02:11 AM
jem

if rooney is at his best and linesmen learn the offside rule, we could do it.

Unread 15-11-2010, 02:26 AM
oohahhpaulmcgrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if rooney is at his best and linesmen learn the offside rule, we could do it.
we will do it, the wizard will prove the doubters wrong yet again

Unread 15-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Say it every season, and all the way up to the last few games people back Arsenal. They don't have the backbone, and they never will.

Yet again it'll be between us and Chelsea, if we can take advantage of this no lampard/Essien situation and get on top, then it'd look a lot better for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Agree about Arsenal, GM. They look no more equipped than any previous years: They can beat anyone, rip into teams etc etc, but they are soft centred, tactically embarrassing and, put simply, the third best team in the country. Very good, but not good enough to win the league. They don't tick all the boxes. It's been us and Chelsea for six years and i don't see that changing.

I was having a think about this last night, Arsenal are well in contention. They usually are up until what - March? The problem is, in regards to writing them off this season (imo) is that United & Chelsea are simply not winning the volume of games that would ordinarily punish the lapses you'd see from them. Indeed it's Chelsea & United that are dropping the shit points, Arsenal have played a hefty chunk of the season without van Persie & Fabregas - the last two seasons Arsenal have gone somewhere in the region of 15 to 18 games unbeaten during the year, they have a bigger squad this time around & if van Persie was to stay fit & they went on a 17 game unbeaten run, they would absolutely be involved at the end of the season. Where upon their shit goalkeepers & defenders who can't defend (or stay on the pitch) would probably see them fall short. It might be their team isn't accustomed to winning it, but Wenger is, & if United were to lose Rooney in January, or Nani to any long term injury, it would be akin to the arse end of last season, where our lack of fire-power would be exposed again.

Chelsea are strange... Ancelotti got £#%&! loads of grief from some match going Rent Boys I know at work at the start of last year. His shit midfield diamond that didn't work, the fact the "lads" & Wilkins () convinced him to switch back to the tried & tested Mourinho 4-3-3 & then they went rapey with attacking full backs & scored for fun. This time around, they're missing the players that made that formation (Essien & Lampard) successful & his back up players aren't doing the business. Add into the Drogba / malaria issue & it's pretty interesting. It's often repeated that Kolo Toure was never the same player after he had that illness... I wonder if the same will happen to Drogbaarrrrrr (I £#%&!ing hate John Motson by the by). Lampard is 32, Drogba is 32, Anelka soon to be 32, Terry 30 in a few weeks but actually physically @#%&!ed after being Superman for years playing through injuries etc. Could be an interesting 2nd half of the season if they have to play those in every game (after seeing how the reserves did you wouldn't want to rely on them) especially coupled with CL matches... I wouldn't be surprised to actually see them concentrate on the CL after the first knockout round...

I think it's almost imperative United make a decision on Hargreaves in the next few weeks. If he is genuinely capable of playing, fine. Personally, it just doesn't look like his body is capable, maybe his mind isn't either. But a player of his ilk in our side, a fit & in form Rooney () & a squad that can stay fit would have as good a chance as any - with Scholes, Giggs & VDS, it's possibly a last hurrah. I can't say I'm hugely impressed with the creativity & industry of our midfield at the moment but there's a lot missing & we can grind it out. The defence is fit at the moment, but for how long ?

An entire season of "ifs & buts" for all the top sides awaits, whoever wins it will probably be the side who avoid the injuries to their best player(s). Quelle surprise. But it sincerely shows up the lack of investment that we're not absolutely pissing the league anyway.

Unread 15-11-2010, 11:57 AM
red in cumbria

Arsenal haven't dropped "shit points"??

They have already lost at home to West Brom and Newcastle, ffs

Yeah, they *could* just do it if both United and Chelski remain inconsistent enough - but I suspect at least one of us (hopefully ourselves) will hit real form at some point.......

And that is even leaving aside their fairly obvious mental "issues"

Unread 15-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Sparky***

just as an aside, can we get rooney to play at the back and in midfield as well?

you know, so we don't keep throwing in an average of 2 goals every away game?
Closed Thread