Thumbs up Eric says take your money out of the banks to bring them down

[youtube]loAkxdji-G4[/youtube]

Unread 14-11-2010, 11:09 PM
oohahhpaulmcgrath

Thumbs up

eric speaks good sense there, man of the people

Unread 15-11-2010, 01:05 AM
jem

we could have kept out the glazers the same way.

personally, though, I would leave all your money in the bank and work hard. you could bring down the system. then you would have no system.

Unread 15-11-2010, 01:19 AM
naes_sean

wonder how much Cantona will take out?

Unread 15-11-2010, 01:47 AM
Serenity Now

Did you see this from FT Alphaville, TT?
Quote:
Dear Sir,

Good day and compliments. I am Dr (Mr) Benjamin Bernanke, Chairman of Federal Reserve of United States of America. This mail will surely come to you as a great surprise, since we never had any previous correspondence. My aim of contacting you is to crave your indulgence to assist us in securing some funds abroad to prosecute a transaction of great magnitude.

Due to poor banking system in America, many subprime borrowers are not paying back mortgages and banks have lost ONE TRILLION TWO HUNDRED BILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS ($1,200bn) so far. This calamity has caused much suffering in my country. To help remedy this situation, our president, Mr Barack Obama, has authorised to be spent a sum of EIGHT HUNDRED NINETY SEVEN BILLION DOLLARS ($897bn) on stimulus plus many other good deeds like cash for clunkers. Unfortunately, since that time, we are being molested and constantly harassed by bond vigilantes who do not care that their reckless and vicious behaviour could ruin our hopes and plans.

To this effect, last year I authorised the printing of ONE TRILLION TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY BILLION ($1,250bn) of United States currency to purchase government securities. To my great shock, this was not enough so I am now buying another SIX HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS ($600bn).

If you forward a modest sum to purchase Treasury notes then I can buy many more of them with my unlimited printing press and their price will rise. I am absolutely positive that this arrangement will be of mutual benefit to both of us. I can offer you generous interest rate of EIGHT TENTHS OF A PERCENT after taxes.

I want you to immediately inform me of your willingness in assisting and co-operating with us, so that I can send you full details of this transaction and let us make arrangement for a meeting and discuss at length on how to transfer this funds.

Yours Faithfully,

Dr (Mr) Benjamin Bernanke

Unread 15-11-2010, 01:50 AM
Arnold Muhren

The £90k+ he took in 'expenses' from the Munich 40th anniversary Testimonial Game, does he keep that in a biscuit tin under the bed?

Unread 15-11-2010, 01:57 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
The £90k+ he took in 'expenses' from the Munich 40th anniversary Testimonial Game, does he keep that in a biscuit tin under the bed?
probably keeps it beside his fee from Sky for cdelebrating the wall pushers 2005 shite EC win

Unread 15-11-2010, 01:58 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we could have kept out the glazers the same way.

nah, if we destroy the finance industry money-lending leaches would still exist, it just wouldn't be legitimised in the same way.

Unread 15-11-2010, 07:58 AM
teflon_terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Did you see this from FT Alphaville, TT?

Actually, it would we if it wasn't so close to the truth. It's probably more like .

Unread 15-11-2010, 08:41 AM
waynes ear's

if Cantona said jump off a bridge, some of you would

Unread 15-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
if Cantona said jump off a bridge, some of you would

I would, because i respect him and its the RED thing to do...

Unread 15-11-2010, 08:54 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I would, because i respect him and its the RED thing to do...

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:00 AM
elephantstone

Where's the bridge?

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:07 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Where's the bridge?
london

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Thumbs up

good lad eric - 7th december it is then.

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:50 AM
teflon_terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
good lad eric - 7th december it is then.
May be worth going a day early. But then we get back into the problem of the seven dukes.

Unread 15-11-2010, 10:09 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
nah, if we destroy the finance industry money-lending leaches would still exist, it just wouldn't be legitimised in the same way.
I meant if we had focused on the banks backing the bid (who would not have lent the money if they had thought no one would go and fergie would jump ship). I did not mean we needed to destroy the banking system.

we need the banking system.

I need the banking system. :0)

Unread 15-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Unread 15-11-2010, 12:26 PM
andyroo

We need a banking system.

So we have to keep propping up this one despite the fact that it's manifestly not working.

Unread 15-11-2010, 12:31 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I meant if we had focused on the banks backing the bid (who would not have lent the money if they had thought no one would go and fergie would jump ship). I did not mean we needed to destroy the banking system.

I need the banking system. :0)
Yep, that pool won't heat itself.
Closed Thread