United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 05-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
that's the spirit. hurry up and do it, rich people. don't ask fans to get involved ffs.

for somebody who claims to see capitalism for what it is you certainly have a strange attitude towards certain things. in fact i don't think i've seen too many people with such a submissive and fatalistic attitude towards wealth and power.
i was mimmicking COD's post somewhat, from the opposite pov. many a true word is said in jest though

as for your actual point, not sure what exactly it is tbh. re United though: as far as i'm concerned i'm not particularly interested (at all) in united being owned by the supporters. i have no problem with people making money out of the club per se. i just don't particularly like the fact that the money-lending industry is currently bleeding us for every penny it can. as such, yes, if these people can boast about how rich they are then i hope they will put their money where their mouths are sooner rather than later, and if they are united fans who believe in the cause, then i hope they'll do it without all this nonsense about boycotts and trying to drive the price down.

Unread 05-03-2010, 04:47 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i was mimmicking COD's post somewhat, from the opposite pov. many a true word is said in jest though

as for your actual point, not sure what exactly it is tbh. re United though: as far as i'm concerned i'm not particularly interested (at all) in united being owned by the supporters. i have no problem with people making money out of the club per se. i just don't particularly like the fact that the money-lending industry is currently bleeding us for every penny it can. as such, yes, if these people can boast about how rich they are then i hope they will put their money where their mouths are sooner rather than later, and if they are united fans who believe in the cause, then i hope they'll do it without all this nonsense about boycotts and trying to drive the price down.
fair enough. myself, i think anything the fans can do to make selling the club a wise move for the glazers is a good thing. and i would be delighted to see the club being partly or fully owned by the supporters and the only money coming out of the club to be wages paid to elected officials.

Unread 06-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Pop

Thumbs down

Ferie:

Ferguson has consistently backed the right of fans to protest but he does not see the sense in Harris' idea.

"Now that is a great idea," he scoffed. "That has come from an intelligent guy (Harris) has it? There is no chance of that."

Unread 06-03-2010, 12:58 PM
believe

will it £#%&! come to anything. like always people like to part of something new and some people love the opportunity to get there name mentioned along side uniteds. it's only about 2 months in and people are already getting bored of it.

Unread 06-03-2010, 08:53 PM
when the seagulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
and a further note. As some of you know I have been living abroad for years, and therefore am not a match going member (so it's relatively easy to say 'I wouldn't go to such and such a game that MUST announce should be boycotted). However I tell you here and now - I would fly back to Manchester to join in the protests if such a boycott, and a call to form a picket line, ever took place.
As would I!

Unread 06-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Sparky***

it's been a worthwhile effort imo.

the media are now fully up to speed on it....people like gill are being put on the spot by journos as he's now the elected mouthpiece of the glazer regime.

Unread 06-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Pop

Have anti-Glazer banners been taken down at any other away games as they were at Wolves today?