Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-02-2018, 01:10 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Wrong.
That's not a surprise.

Even with VAR they would still be debating on the pitch. Your probably right, I doubt it was a 'deflection' off Lovren.

Unread 05-02-2018, 02:50 PM
utd99

Well if Lovren getting any contact at all between the intiial pass to Kane and Kane actually receiving it turns it from off to on then that’s a new one to me - and to Klopp as well it seems. So I was wrong. The contact with the goalkeeper was tactical though, that much is clear.

Anyway, they missed that one, scored the nailed on one and were the better team overall, so I’m not sure what the mickeys are moaning about.

Unread 05-02-2018, 02:51 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Well if Lovren getting any contact at all between the intiial pass to Kane and Kane actually receiving it turns it from off to on then that’s a new one to me - and to Klopp as well it seems.
That's not the case. It's Lovren actively kicking the ball that plays Kane on. If it had just deflected off him then Kane was offside.

Unread 05-02-2018, 02:57 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That's not the case. It's Lovren actively kicking the ball that plays Kane on. If it had just deflected off him then Kane was offside.
But surely Kane is offside when the ball is played as he is active? The 'active/non-active' element of the law is a complete farce, the interpretation changes every week.

Unread 05-02-2018, 03:02 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
But surely Kane is offside when the ball is played as he is active? The 'active/non-active' element of the law is a complete farce, the interpretation changes every week.
He hasn't received the ball.

He's only offside if the ball gets to him. And it didn't, it got to Lovren who kicked it. Thus playing him on.

That has been entirely consistent in the rules.

Unread 05-02-2018, 03:53 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
He hasn't received the ball.

He's only offside if the ball gets to him. And it didn't, it got to Lovren who kicked it. Thus playing him on.

That has been entirely consistent in the rules.
And if those are the correct determining factors then I was wrong. If there are actually two phases of play between the initial pass and Kane getting the ball then yes, he’s onside.

Unread 06-02-2018, 09:38 PM
sub three hours

It's 0 - 0 here at Spotland at Half Time

Rochdale have absolutely battered Millwall in the first half but couldn't put the ball in the back of the net.

The Rochdale fans that I'm here with are full of it..... ''Knock out Milwall and force a draw with Spurs in the next round and we'll be at Wembley etc"

One thing's for sure if Dale do win this and I hope they do, Harry Kane won’t know what’s hit him at Spotland it's £#%&!ing freezing here.

Unread 06-02-2018, 09:51 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
It's 0 - 0 here at Spotland at Half Time

Rochdale have absolutely battered Millwall in the first half but couldn't put the ball in the back of the net.

The Rochdale fans that I'm here with are full of it..... ''Knock out Milwall and force a draw with Spurs in the next round and we'll be at Wembley etc"

One thing's for sure if Dale do win this and I hope they do, Harry Kane won’t know what’s hit him at Spotland it's £#%&!ing freezing here.
He'll fit right in the slack-jawed imbecile.

Unread 06-02-2018, 11:49 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Harry Kane won’t know what’s hit him at Spotland it's f***ing freezing here.
Yeah he's probably never experienced cold weather before with him being English.

Unread 06-02-2018, 11:56 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Yeah he's probably never experienced cold weather before with him being English.

“Yes Mr Kane, swanning about down in your tropical London paradise, things are a bit different up here!!”

Unread 07-02-2018, 12:33 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes

Quote:
“Yes Mr Kane, swanning about down in your tropical London paradise, things are a bit different up here!!”

So I take it you lads don't reckon the nation has any chance of witnessing an upset at Spotland in the next round then?

Unread 07-02-2018, 01:06 AM
20 times

Quote:

So I take it you lads don't reckon the nation has any chance of witnessing an upset at Spotland in the next round then?
Only if Spurs’ time machine back to the 1920s fails and they can’t get to Rochdale
Closed Thread