United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Liked the midfield we finished with yesterday . Matic , The Scottish Player & Pogba. Alexis, Lukaku & any of Martial, Lingard , Mata or Rashford up front.
The Scottish Player made himself an option yesterday. He's nothing special and made a nervous start, but he covers a lot of ground, he's solid and might just be the kind of foil to allow Pogba and Matic to do their jobs more effectively. Unlike Herrera, he seems to know his place. Herrera seems to think he can do everything, while succeeding at nothing

He's no star and I don't see a long term future for him here, but he can certainly do a job and maybe prove effective a better system for us.

Unread 04-02-2018, 03:36 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
The Scottish Player made himself an option yesterday. He's nothing special and made a nervous start, but he covers a lot of ground, he's solid and might just be the kind of foil to allow Pogba and Matic to do their jobs more effectively. Unlike Herrera, he seems to know his place. Herrera seems to think he can do everything, while succeeding at nothing

He's no star and I don't see a long term future for him here, but he can certainly do a job and maybe prove effective a better system for us.
Pretty much this.

Don't mind him playing in games like yesterday but any big game from now on should be Carrick, matic and Pogba

Unread 04-02-2018, 03:40 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
Pretty much this.

Don't mind him playing in games like yesterday but any big game from now on should be Carrick, matic and Pogba
I doubt we'll see Carrick in anything more than sentimental cameo appearances.

Starting as captain on the last game of the season.

Unread 04-02-2018, 03:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

What, in the champions league final?

Unread 04-02-2018, 03:52 PM
woody78

Quote:

I think we might, Herrera is done imo, The Scottish Player isn't really good enough and Fellaini is Fellaini

Unread 04-02-2018, 03:54 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
What, in the champions league final?

Erm.... No....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
I think we might, Herrera is done imo, The Scottish Player isn't really good enough and Fellaini is Fellaini
I'll be pleasantly surprised if he does because he could still be a good player in small doses, but I suspect Jose will want a bit more 'legs' in midfield alongside Pogba and Matic, if we ever do switch to a three on a consistent basis.

I think it's far more likely we'll see Matci and Pogba in a two most of the time, with McTom and Herrera occasionally replacing one of them or making a three.

Unread 04-02-2018, 09:40 PM
Kangared

Quote:

He's played about 6 times in the top team, he's only 21, £#%&!er playing in a new body for last 2 years after that weird growth spurt .
I think he will develop into a Carrick type no nonsense calm footballer, the type every team needs . Carrick is finished & Herrera is not the answer.
Give him the next 4 months to see how he comes on . With Fro & Carrick leaving we need at least one more CM, it would be good to have one already established so we can go after a top drawer one.

Unread 05-02-2018, 01:06 AM
sa7

Matic, Herrera, Pogba.

Until such time as we can get a competent box to box midfielder in the summer and can then have Herrera put down.

Unread 05-02-2018, 01:16 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Matic, Herrera, Pogba.

Until such time as we can get a competent box to box midfielder in the summer and can then have Herrera put down.
Swap Herrera for Carrick...then put him down
Closed Thread