United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-11-2010, 12:29 PM
MUFC One Love

Thumbs up Re: *Official* Villa v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Slating Tevez in order to defend Berbatov is probably the worst move the Berba fanboys could make tbh.

I wont even bring the stats into it, no need.
Agreed don't need to compare him with anyone when he is running around like a mad man playing for Manchester City with Milner and Barry behind him.

Unread 14-11-2010, 01:31 PM
shenwen

Default Re: *Official* Villa v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
But he ran around a lot, didn't he?? That is all some of our "fans" require, it seems

Berbie showed at the start of this season that he *could* make it here. Somehow or other, he needs to recapture the form he showed then. Rooney-style break, perhaps??
a break from what ffs? we are what, 10 or so games into the season, he doesn't play internationals, and you think he needs to put his feet up for a few weeks?

you know I wouldn't even mind that he has the odd shit game. all players do. it is that he has the £#%&!ing cheek to moan at the rest of the team (especially young players) when they have the audacity to misplace a pass to his highness.

Unread 14-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
a break from what ffs? we are what, 10 or so games into the season, he doesn't play internationals, and you think he needs to put his feet up for a few weeks?

you know I wouldn't even mind that he has the odd shit game. all players do. it is that he has the £#%&!ing cheek to moan at the rest of the team (especially young players) when they have the audacity to misplace a pass to his highness.
I'm sure if I was an up and coming young player just breaking into the first team, if I had a 30m player who was more often than not guaranteed a 1st team place, moaning every time I £#%&!ed up a pass, it would shatter my confidence. Id be more inclined to just make the simple pass rather than try anything special for fear of £#%&!ing up and getting shit off berbs.

Unread 14-11-2010, 02:03 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

No, he needs to get his head right. Just like Rooney has done - hopefully

I completely agree that him playing shite - and blaming everybody else for that - is no use to anyone

Unread 14-11-2010, 02:17 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
How anyone can not blame a 30 million pound striker for the reason we're not scoring in games is weird imo.
how anyone can say we're not scoring in games is even weirder. we've scored 26 in 13 games (chelsea are on 28 in 12). trouble is we've conceded 15 (chelsea have conceded 5).

Unread 14-11-2010, 02:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
how anyone can say we're not scoring in games is even weirder. we've scored 26 in 13 games (chelsea are on 28 in 12). trouble is we've conceded 15 (chelsea have conceded 5).
Actually take out their first two matches, and "free scoring" Chelski have 16 in the last 10

Unread 14-11-2010, 02:43 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
that @#%&! downing always plays well against us
I don't really like him as a player, but he can certainly cross the ball.

for their second, he was almost the last man back and outran everyone to get forward. if any one of the midfield had been half arsed to track him..... some people need to remember that even if you are a great player playing for a great team (ahem) you can't give less than 100%. if borsuk meant to say a fit and alert evra would have tracked albrighton, who the £#%&! took responsibility for tracking downing? there wasn't even anyone close enough to blame. and any pne of four could have caught him. even cheech if he had been more aware. you can bet rooney would have.

Unread 14-11-2010, 02:51 PM
red in cumbria

Still no league win for Villa at home against us for 15 years now (since the infamous "you don't win anything with kids" game, no less) Truly remarkable statistic

Unread 14-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Still no league win for Villa at home against us for 15 years now (since the infamous "you don't win anything with kids" game, no less) Truly remarkable statistic
yeah great.

meanwhile we haven't beaten them in the last 3 league games.

Unread 14-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
yeah great.

meanwhile we haven't beaten them in the last 3 league games.
£#%&! me, what's a better statistic, unbeaten in 15 years or no win in 3 games?

Chin up

Unread 14-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon

Chin up
I can't really draw any satisfaction from those type of stats after that performance yesterday.

it was a £#%&!ing disgrace.

Unread 14-11-2010, 03:56 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I can't really draw any satisfaction from those type of stats after that performance yesterday.

it was a £#%&!ing disgrace.
The second half v West Brom was worse. At least yesterday (and last weekend) we showed that the traditional United "never say die" spirit that SAF created is, after all, still there.

All we need now is some football to go along with it

Unread 14-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Sparky***

i was chuffed for Macheda to come on score such a peach of a goal. And the last 10 mins were much more like the united we know.

however the sight of watching the chuckle brothers and kato being outplayed by aston villas youth team midfield was nothing short of £#%&!ing embrassing.

Unread 14-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon

Chin up
yeah but we still had a slim chance of winning the november league title with a win yesterday

Unread 14-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
yeah but we still had a slim chance of winning the november league title with a win yesterday
it's back on

Unread 15-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Tierra Del Fuego

on the train on the way up to the game. the Virgin trains announcer came on over the tannoy.

"hello, my name is Keith"

made me chuckle.

Fred = real life. nqat

Unread 15-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierra Del Fuego
on the train on the way up to the game. the Virgin trains announcer came on over the tannoy.

"hello, my name is Keith"

made me chuckle.

Fred = real life. nqat
'My assistant HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon will be available to answer your queries'.

Unread 15-11-2010, 12:06 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Thumbs up Re: *Official* Villa v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
'My assistant HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon will be available to answer your queries'.

Unread 15-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Crumps

Turd performance made slightly more understandable by the mystery bug and bore fest workout of Wednesday night. No excuse next Saturday now, unless there is a valid excuse of course. Loves me a comeback.

Unread 15-11-2010, 12:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Turd performance made slightly more understandable by the mystery bug and bore fest workout of Wednesday night. No excuse next Saturday now, unless there is a valid excuse of course. Loves me a comeback.
Me too. It's almost worth the despair of being dead and buried for the euphoria of resurgence. Some games I actually secretly hope a storming fight back will be required