United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:06 PM
irk

Default Doom? Doom? I'll give you Doom

with a capital D (and i usually can't be arsed with capitals).

we're bang out of form and haven't put in a decent shift since inter away. we've looked absolute dogshit for the past four games, and not that convincing for the majority of the season. currently, we carry very little goal threat and are looking shakier than a shitting dog at the back, and to cap it all we're missing key players through suspension at the business end of the season. we're tired, our consistent performers have all hit poor form at the same time (carrick, evra - i'm looking at you) and players we thought would step in to ease the situation are not looking up to the task. nani? anderson? i'm actually sweating on fletcher staying fit. all of a sudden we seem lacking in midfield, and static. where's the movement? the invention? the centre £#%&!ing forward? i'm not scape goating here, but berbles and christiano "i'll sit on the floor, sulk and shake my arms at the ref" ronaldo are starting to get on my wick. and scholesy - god bless his ginger head - wants absolutely £#%&!ing for that today.

i'm scared, jim. real scared.

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Zorg

The expression I had on my face this afternoon resembled your avatar.

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
The expression I had on my face this afternoon resembled your avatar.

I am so full of Doom that The Rock tried to enter me earlier

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Pop

Thumbs down

I really thought this was going to be a thread about Doom

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Jez Quigley

Quiggles favourite computer game of all time. Fact.

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:18 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
don't you dare lighten up this thread!

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Pop

Quote:
And mine too. Good Lord!

Atari Jaguar aside, I've owned a copy for every system its been released on.

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
don't you dare lighten up this thread!

Liverpool will get 3 points at Villa, Essien and Drogba will prove unstoppable Arsenal are peaking whilst Vidic, Scholes and Rooney all sit on the sidelines watching a below par Evra and Carrick get overwhelmed....

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:25 PM
irk

Quote:

Liverpool will get 3 points at Villa, Essien and Drogba will prove unstoppable Arsenal are peaking whilst Vidic, Scholes and Rooney all sit on the sidelines watching a below par Evra and Carrick get overwhelmed....
i knew it!

Dooooomed!

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
And mine too. Good Lord!

Atari Jaguar aside, I've owned a copy for every system its been released on.
Good man - I've often wanted to put my 'Doom' playing abilities on my CV

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Tumescent Throb

we were very good in the 2nd half at Newcastle

Said at the time that that game was crucial cus it meant we could play for 0-0 and even afford to lose to the vermin and so it proved (thanks to some bizarre and unnecessarily risky tactics imo)

that Berbatov goal is why we're still in such a £#%&!ing great position

as for Fulham, the game began how it often does for us at Fulham, only this time we didn't get away with it. we played pretty well in the 2nd half and were unlucky not to score. having said that, 2-0 didn't really flatter Fulham so well done to them.

big blow to lose today cus on paper they were some of the easier points on offer in the run-in. but 9 games to go and we can still drop 5pts at least cus the vermin will almost ceertainly not win all their games. that Champions League draw looks even better tonight

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:29 PM
HarkNowHear

and I have torn my Emilio Pucci

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:34 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
and I have torn my Emilio Pucci
is that the proper name for your banjo string?

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:35 PM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
is that the proper name for your banjo string?

I dont have a banjo anymore

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:39 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
I dont have a banjo anymore
i thought you were pre-op? do you keep it in a matchbox for old times sake?

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:41 PM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
i thought you were pre-op? do you keep it in a matchbox for old times sake?

Long gone, they made me a purse

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:50 PM
wonky no

i'll see your doom and point, pause and then laugh loudly whilst wearing a paper party had and clown shoes. i'll honk a squeezie rubber hooter and blow on bubble pipe.

we have had injuries all through the season, suspensions started on day one. ronaldo hasn't been heavily relied upon and the goals have come from a few different departments. we have seen the likes of evans come in to replace both of the rocks at the back quite seamlessly. we have also been hitting defensive records as well as consecutive win records. Danny Wellbeck has scored in the first team and looks an excellent prospect, as does possebon and rafael.

we have turned over chelsea on our way back to the top of the pops, over taking the vermin on our way. it was this attitude that won us the fizzy pop cup, which unearthed the potential of Gibson and Eckersley. We negotiated ourselves passed inter into the next round of the champions league with perhaps 90mins of pure domination over the two legs.

we have seen park up his game in all but scoring, rooney and berbatov have struck up a decent understanding and giggs has proved himself to be an excellent choice in midfield with MOTM performances in most competitions. We played against the scouse and fair enough we wasn't our usual selves but being undone by two mistakes and free kick isn't a sign of collapse. the fact that today versus fulham was on the back of that result dosent mean that both games can't be viewed and criticised individually.

today had nothing to do with being tired. by all accounts we played they off the park with 10 men and a rare shocker infront of goal was the difference. the over all performance was still good.

the minute we start getting out played and beat then i will allow doom to riddle my thoughts. i havn't seen any evidence of that so far this season and i can't see it happening soon either. i will moisten any doomlords face with my squirty lapel flower until that day arrives

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:59 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i'll see your doom and point, pause and then laugh loudly whilst wearing a paper party had and clown shoes. i'll honk a squeezie rubber hooter and blow on bubble pipe.

we have had injuries all through the season, suspensions started on day one. ronaldo hasn't been heavily relied upon and the goals have come from a few different departments. we have seen the likes of evans come in to replace both of the rocks at the back quite seamlessly. we have also been hitting defensive records as well as consecutive win records. Danny Wellbeck has scored in the first team and looks an excellent prospect, as does possebon and rafael.

we have turned over chelsea on our way back to the top of the pops, over taking the vermin on our way. it was this attitude that won us the fizzy pop cup, which unearthed the potential of Gibson and Eckersley. We negotiated ourselves passed inter into the next round of the champions league with perhaps 90mins of pure domination over the two legs.

we have seen park up his game in all but scoring, rooney and berbatov have struck up a decent understanding and giggs has proved himself to be an excellent choice in midfield with MOTM performances in most competitions. We played against the scouse and fair enough we wasn't our usual selves but being undone by two mistakes and free kick isn't a sign of collapse. the fact that today versus fulham was on the back of that result dosent mean that both games can't be viewed and criticised individually.

today had nothing to do with being tired. by all accounts we played they off the park with 10 men and a rare shocker infront of goal was the difference. the over all performance was still good.

the minute we start getting out played and beat then i will allow doom to riddle my thoughts. i havn't seen any evidence of that so far this season and i can't see it happening soon either. i will moisten any doomlords face with my squirty lapel flower until that day arrives
What a £#%&!ing brilliant post!!

Talk about a 'glass half full' type of guy, jou must have been chewing prozac like fergie chews wrigley's.

Fair play. I hope you are right.

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:02 PM
The Mull

Wonky Wonky Wonky Wonky Wonky Wonky Wonky Wonky Wonky Wonky Wonky Wonky Wonky Wonky Wonky Wonky Wonky Wonky Wonky Wonky

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:07 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no

this single unimportant spelling error has destroyed the credibility of your post in my doom-laden eyes
Closed Thread