United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 03-12-2017, 01:21 AM
Fat Al

After today, I wouldn't feel so £#%&!ing pessimistic about the derby game.

if Pogba were playing.

Unread 03-12-2017, 01:24 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al

if Pogba were playing.
I’m convinced we are the team most likely to knock them out of the CL over 2 legs.

Unread 03-12-2017, 01:24 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Our defending was a bit haphazard BUT we're starting to looking like inter milan defending or whoever. It's all out defence. Injure yourself if you have too.

Jose must love Jones. Jones does the last ditch stuff naturally but now we have smalling doing the same.

Just wish the idiot would stop shirt tugging

Two fre kicks conceded just outside the box and I missed 30 mins of the second half. Mostly unnecessary and ineffective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
I’m convinced we are the team most likely to knock them out of the CL over 2 legs.
Said from the start the title is probably a year too soon but wouldn’t rule big ears out

Unread 03-12-2017, 01:39 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Never rated Koscielny, utter shitc***.

f*** was wrong with Mustafi? Just didn’t fancy it?
I’ve honestly never seen him have a good game. I’ve no idea where his reputation comes from.

Unread 03-12-2017, 01:46 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

if Pogba were playing.
Yes, we were £#%&!ing wretched without him in the team and he's got two assists there again today at Arsenal. He's a huge miss, our best player by a mile.

However, if you look at the goal Arsenal scored today it's because Pogba didn't bother tracking Ramsay's run . What he gives us in attack, we lose a bit in defense with him there.

That's what's going to win or lose us the game next weekend against City, our defence. because make no mistake about it, they're going to have most of the ball and we're going to need to be super switched on to deal with the amount of movement and bodies they commit forward.

We can't afford any of Rojo's trademark thicko challenges around the penalty area and we can't afford our players simply not bothering to track midfield runners. I wish we had another option to go in there apart from Herrera because I honestly don't see what he does right now.

Unread 03-12-2017, 01:48 AM
armchair

Quote:

if Pogba were playing.
Jose has destroyed far better teams than city.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_La_Liga

Unread 03-12-2017, 01:51 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We can't afford any of Rojo's trademark thicko challenges around the penalty area and we can't afford our players simply not bothering to track midfield runners. I wish we had another option to go in there apart from Herrera because I honestly don't see what he does right now.
He has to be given a specific job next week now Pogbas not going to be available. I’d have him pick up Silva (David) and niggle him to death tbh

Unread 03-12-2017, 04:24 AM
Kangared

Boring utd.
Best game I have watched this season by a mile. Brilliant counter attacking & dogged defence . I haven't read comments here but am I the ono;y one who thinks Pogba's red was very harsh ? If the bun headed #@&%! tried to tackle with his feet & not his thigh it wouldn't have looked as bad & would have got the yellow it deserved

I think the headbutt on Matic from Koscielny was later & more dangerous. Not sure why head clashes are not penalised when they are as late as Kos was in this one.

Unread 03-12-2017, 04:25 AM
Stickman

Andy Gray Ian Wright and David Platt all say no red.

I can't decide, the more I watch it the more I think Bellerin did it to himself

Unread 03-12-2017, 04:41 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

Just read a lot of the comments on other threads . Watched it on BT & Pogba got no defence from any of pundits, even Rio. I just don't know how they couldn't see Bellerin was injured because of his own actions as much as Pogbas. Like getting kicked in the head trying a diving header .

Unread 03-12-2017, 08:07 AM
believe

Quote:

Just watched the highlights and thought the exact same thing.

Unread 03-12-2017, 08:21 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:

Nah it's definitely Pogbas boot on the back of Bellerins leg

Unread 03-12-2017, 08:32 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Nah it's definitely Pogbas boot on the back of Bellerins leg
Definitely isn't it's Marriners. Watch again.

Unread 03-12-2017, 08:36 AM
Denis Irwell

Gutted we didn’t score 4

Unread 03-12-2017, 09:00 AM
irk

Quote:

Just watcched motd and, surpise, shearer thinks it was a red.

First time ive seen it and no way was it a red. Bellerin put himself in a dangerous position by trying to tackle a sprinting man by kneeling down and placing his unprotected calf horizontally on the floor. What was pogba to do? The ball was there to be won, he clearly went for the ball and took a natural step. Is he supposed to levitate away? Accidentally hurting somebody doing something that stupid isnt a red.

Agree koscielny is tripe and has a head like beaker.

Martial’s flick :mmmonkey:

Unread 03-12-2017, 10:15 AM
est.1878

Something about when we play in black imo... Anyone got any STATS

Unread 03-12-2017, 10:16 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Definitely isn't it's Marriners. Watch again.

Unread 03-12-2017, 10:31 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Something about when we play in black imo... Anyone got any STATS
Played 3 this season.

Stoke 2-2
Southampton 1-0
Arsenal 3-1.

Facts are fun.

Unread 03-12-2017, 10:38 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Played 3 this season.

Stoke 2-2
Southampton 1-0
Arsenal 3-1.

Facts are fun.
Facts

I was going further back into the brain archives.... That floodlit villa game with lee sharpe...Eric at the dell (blue socks)...arsenal cl with ronnie... Even the facup 2005 very memorable

In black and floodlit is my football fettish

Unread 03-12-2017, 10:42 AM
Kaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Facts

I was going further back into the brain archives.... That floodlit villa game with lee sharpe...Eric at the dell (blue socks)...arsenal cl with ronnie... Even the facup 2005 very memorable

In black and floodlit is my football fettish
When we played in blue?