United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-03-2018, 12:34 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I thinks he's more than just a big kid or a 'Mourinho player' etc

He has legit talent but isn't affraid to put a shift in, an intelligent player too with a load of composure for such a young player

The way he put his foot on the ball or won a free kick in the second half when they were on top was like something a veteran international would do

Has a nice touch and knows when to play the ball forward
Yep. Was naturally a bit more expressive before his breakthrough but that will come back as he comes to terms with the step up.

On a broader note, we’re becoming very difficult to beat now, as they develop as a team. Berts were similar last season whilst they were going through similar getting to know their system. People now forget that questions were being asked about what had happened to de Bruyne and Pep was being questioned.

Unread 11-03-2018, 12:37 AM
dunk

Wasn’t The Scottish Player much more attacking in his youth? Played a bit more Attacking Midfield? There were a few occasions today he looked like he wanted to burst forward but held back. Disciplined

Unread 11-03-2018, 01:00 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Wasn’t The Scottish Player much more attacking in his youth? Played a bit more Attacking Midfield? There were a few occasions today he looked like he wanted to burst forward but held back. Disciplined
Played up front a fair bit for the u23s. Target man role.

Unread 11-03-2018, 01:29 AM
waynes ear's

You dont notice him. He's playing well. Lets not get too £#%&!ing giddy.

Unread 11-03-2018, 01:36 AM
Clarkie

Playing well, did his job very well, Rashford scoring two goals against Liverpool....

Destroying youth...

Goodnight

Unread 11-03-2018, 07:13 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Seems only the @#%&!s hated him.
yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
improved second half and was always trying to go forward....no way can McTomnothing start ahead of him on Saturday
Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
I think Jose has made his point now...get Pogba back in and get The Scottish Player to Celtic or Wigan...absolute nothing player
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=701

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...0&postcount=33

Unread 11-03-2018, 07:23 AM
Bunker Buster

Ouch....

Classic Kev

Unread 11-03-2018, 07:34 AM
Denis Irwell

The lad barely put a foot wrong all game. If you don’t appreciate that teams need this sort of player in this sort of role, you haven’t been paying attention. By any standard, he had an excellent game but taking his lack of experience into account, he was £#%&!ing brilliant. Composed and absolutely focussed, no wonder Matic has suddenly come good again.

Unread 11-03-2018, 09:44 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I think he's just one who doesn't jump out a talent, but hey, no complaints. He's a growing influence and been a great bonus for us this year.
Carrick was like this at first , but grew into the role and eventually was brilliant .

Unread 11-03-2018, 09:46 AM
Red Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Carrick was like this at first , but grew into the role and eventually was brilliant .
Carrick and The Scottish Player are totally different type of midfielders

Unread 11-03-2018, 09:51 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Carrick and The Scottish Player are totally different type of midfielders

Was simply pointing out the possible similarities in what can happen to a players development .

Some like giggs, rash ford , come in do well straight away , some need time to develop into the role .

Hth.

Unread 11-03-2018, 09:54 AM
AK14

Thumbs up

Quote:

Was simply pointing out the possible similarities in what can happen to a players development .

Some like giggs, rash ford , come in do well straight away , some need time to develop into the role .

Hth.
Yep, Jesse is a perfect example.

Unread 11-03-2018, 09:58 AM
Child of Darkness

I do love to see a midfield that is able to destroy .

Utterly demoralised the Scousers yesterday

Unread 11-03-2018, 10:04 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Aye. Fair point.

Unread 11-03-2018, 10:08 AM
Luffy

Was impressed at his reading of the game, his positioning was very good most of the time, he gets some good interceptions in and cuts off passing channels well.

Good to see a midfielder who can hang onto the ball as well, too many years of herrera and Fellaini trying to get rid of it as soon as they get near it.

Unread 11-03-2018, 04:15 PM
Neo

Football

Impressed me yesterday, tbf. Great level of maturity and calmness in his play.

Still not sure if I've seen anything to suggest he's got the passing range and general ability on the ball to make it as a long-term United first XI midfielder, but he did his nullifying job well yesterday.

Be interesting to see how he develops, but the early signs certainly suggest he's got the mental strength.

Unread 11-03-2018, 04:23 PM
armchair

In a two man midfield he deserves the second spot on merit.

Unread 11-03-2018, 04:28 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Impressed me yesterday, tbf. Great level of maturity and calmness in his play.

Still not sure if I've seen anything to suggest he's got the passing range and general ability on the ball to make it as a long-term United first XI midfielder, but he did his nullifying job well yesterday.

Be interesting to see how he develops, but the early signs certainly suggest he's got the mental strength.
The passing range should come as he grows into the side and probably relaxes a bit more. Right now, he’s likely to prioritise not making mistakes.

Unread 11-03-2018, 04:31 PM
atticusgrinch

Looks unwell but can now put that down to Scottish genes. I did wonder tbh.

Very promising.

Unread 12-03-2018, 11:46 AM
dunk

Closed Thread