United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Falcao shooting his mouth off today about Chelsea and their ambition.

Will be funny to see this guy exposed in a top league. Has got very little to his game apart from aerial ability.
What if he scores 45 headed goals for Chelsea next year?

Unread 16-11-2012, 12:31 PM
CockOfTheNorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Falcao shooting his mouth off today about Chelsea and their ambition.

Will be funny to see this guy exposed in a top league. Has got very little to his game apart from aerial ability.

Unread 17-11-2012, 01:46 AM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Haven't seen enough of him to comment tbh, but I've heard good things about him.

Even after all this time it still sounds so strange when players talk about Chelsea & City as if they're on a par with United & Real Madrid etc...
I mean Chelsea & City ffs??
Just another mercenary shitstain motivated by money rather than history.

Makes RVP £#%&!ing city off all the sweeter.

Unread 17-11-2012, 01:50 AM
Sparky***

let's face it, torres has probably been the biggest flop transfer in football history so Roman will want shot of him to bring in falcao.

wouldn't be surprised to see torres offloaded back to atleti as part of the deal.

Unread 17-11-2012, 02:12 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Just another mercenary shitstain motivated by money rather than history.

Makes RVP £#%&!ing city off all the sweeter.
I have to disagree a little, at least when it comes to Chelsea. They've been a Champions League and title winning/challenging team for a decade or so. To a youngish player from a different continent, they would seem like a big and important club. And that's likely how City will look in another decade. I don't think we can really expect players to occupy the same stratospheric moral high ground on these things as fans do.

Unread 17-11-2012, 07:59 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I have to disagree a little, at least when it comes to Chelsea. They've been a Champions League and title winning/challenging team for a decade or so. To a youngish player from a different continent, they would seem like a big and important club. And that's likely how City will look in another decade. I don't think we can really expect players to occupy the same stratospheric moral high ground on these things as fans do.

Unread 17-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
This. If you were a poorly educated professional ice hockey player from europe would you really care that much about the historical integrity of the successful and generously paying NHL team that wanted to sign you?

Unread 17-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Alan

Quote:
To a south american player, when you have barcelona and real madrid?

Can't agree. City and chelsea have the most money to spend and pay the most money. Simple as that.

Unread 17-11-2012, 01:40 PM
dunk

Fancy him to end up at Real Madrid tbh.

Unread 17-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Fancy him to end up at Real Madrid tbh.
From Atletico?

yeah alright

Unread 17-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
From Atletico?

yeah alright
Wouldnt sell them a virus.

dunk

Unread 17-11-2012, 01:53 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

in response to why players are going tot he clubs they are

as long as the location isn't shit and they're getting good money players don't care
that's why the like of stoke will never attract the players
outside of london and manchester why would a superstar come to this country? and even then there's only so long they can handle manchester

Unread 17-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
in response to why players are going tot he clubs they are

as long as the location isn't shit and they're getting good money players don't care
that's why the like of stoke will never attract the players
outside of london and manchester why would a superstar come to this country? and even then there's only so long they can handle manchester
True. If only somehow we could move United to London. it would make things better all round.

Unread 17-11-2012, 01:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
From Atletico?

yeah alright
He's not Atletico's player, really. There are already rumblings in Spain about a potential move, Higuain maybe going the other way...

Unread 17-11-2012, 02:02 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
True. If only somehow we could move United to London. it would make things better all round.
i wouldn't mind tbh
talk of me moving down there is rearing its head again

Unread 17-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
i wouldn't mind tbh
talk of me moving down there is rearing its head again

Unread 17-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Part 36 Offer

hope he steers well clear of the premier league. complete disaster zone

Unread 17-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
To a south american player, when you have barcelona and real madrid?

Can't agree. City and chelsea have the most money to spend and pay the most money. Simple as that.
Who has Barca and Real Madrid? You mean every player who has chosen Chelsea or City also had offers from those two?

The two things aren't mutually exclusive. Of course the money is why they'd go to the likes of Chelsea or City. But to expect them to consider things like, 'But City/Chelea have no history' when a) it's not actually true, and b) those are just point-scoring devices for fans is c) silly.

Unread 16-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Pop

Anyone know what this is all about?

Unread 16-12-2012, 02:05 PM
andyroo

"I'm going to write a contract on a serviette and pass it to Falcao"

Top bants
Closed Thread