United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-06-2007, 10:08 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default According to Paddy C, Fergie is a big fan of Rossi.

Man Utd legend Crerand urges Rossi stay
tribalfooball.com - June 20, 2007

Manchester United legend Paddy Crerand has urged the club to hold onto striker Giuseppe Rossi.

"I'd like to see him stay," Crerand told MUTV. "He came here at a time when United had so many strikers, all experienced players as well.

"Maybe keeps you back a little bit because you don't get as many chances as you'd like. But he's great around the goal. Since I first saw him play as a kid, I always though he had a great chance."

Crerand revealed that his confidence in the youngster's ability is shared by Sir Alex Ferguson - a faith which may see Rossi retained as a first team squad member next term.

"I remember talking to the Manager about him," said Crerand. "And the Manager has his fullest confidence in him, he says he would have no problems about sticking him in the team at any time."

Unread 21-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I read that yesterday, but I thought when he said 'I remember talking to the manager about him' he meant past-tense, as in a few years ago. Doom.

Unread 21-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Peter griffin

I dont know if anyone has ever watched MUTV the day before a cup final but they have a show in the hotel with usually PAddy Lou macari and Steve Bower, every year when Fergie comes in to be interviewed it just ends up with him and Paddy ignoring everyone else and talking amongst themselves, so I can beleive that they have discussed Rossi.

Unread 21-06-2007, 10:21 AM
dakpul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter griffin
I dont know if anyone has ever watched MUTV the day before a cup final but they have a show in the hotel with usually PAddy Lou macari and Steve Bower, every year when Fergie comes in to be interviewed it just ends up with him and Paddy ignoring everyone else and talking amongst themselves, so I can beleive that they have discussed Rossi.
didn't they have a fall out, im sure fergie wanted paddy off mutv or maybe he even was taken off for a while?

Unread 21-06-2007, 10:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakpul
didn't they have a fall out, im sure fergie wanted paddy off mutv or maybe he even was taken off for a while?
Not heard that and I don't believe it either, he's certainly never been off MUTV. Me dad still has the channel and said Paddy wouldn't shut up about Rossi last night.

Unread 21-06-2007, 10:30 AM
dakpul

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Not heard that and I don't believe it either, he's certainly never been off MUTV. Me dad still has the channel and said Paddy wouldn't shut up about Rossi last night.
this might have been a couple of years ago, actually come to think of it it might have been lou not paddy....

Unread 21-06-2007, 10:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakpul
this might have been a couple of years ago, actually come to think of it it might have been lou not paddy....
That'd make a lot more sense. I think though yo may be thinking of Pearson, he got kicked off MUTV entirely for not toeing the party line enough. Shame, he was quite good.

Unread 21-06-2007, 10:31 AM
koppas

Lou Macari talks out of his arse. nft.

Unread 21-06-2007, 10:32 AM
violater

probably lou macari.
the know nothing @#%&!.

is constantly wrong about everything.

paddy is spot on with most things he says even he may be a tad bit biased.

Unread 21-06-2007, 11:01 AM
charliesharkey

I dont mind bias its to be expected, it's when hype comes into it, i.e. to garner interest, paper sales, tv subscriptions etc that I turn off. We're all biased in so many different ways but Paddy can see a good player.

Unread 21-06-2007, 11:06 AM
penguin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
probably lou macari.
the know nothing @#%&!.

is constantly wrong about everything.

paddy is spot on with most things he says even he may be a tad bit biased.

And of course you are a fountain of wisdom & facts about the subject.

Unread 21-06-2007, 11:08 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1
And of course you are a fountain of wisdom & facts about the subject.
i talk more sense than him...

you should have heard what he was saying just after england got knocked out the world cup about ronaldo.

Unread 21-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Paddy C is a ledge.

Unread 21-06-2007, 11:11 AM
penguin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
i talk more sense than him...

you should have heard what he was saying just after england got knocked out the world cup about ronaldo.
If it was uncomplimentary, then Ronaldo deserved it. Much as I rate the lad & don't give a toss about ingurrrlund, that was not his finest hour

Unread 21-06-2007, 11:12 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Paddy C is a ledge.
I used to love listening to his commentary's on MUTV, brilliantly biased. I also remember on the GMR phone in when he called Kevin Francis "crap". The rest of the show was Stockport fans phoning in saying he was wrong and having a go and he just wouldn't back down an inch, it was brilliant.

Unread 21-06-2007, 11:14 AM
penguin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I used to love listening to his commentary's on MUTV, brilliantly biased. I also remember on the GMR phone in when he called Kevin Francis "crap". The rest of the show was Stockport fans phoning in saying he was wrong and having a go and he just wouldn't back down an inch, it was brilliant.

He's glaswegian.

Unread 21-06-2007, 11:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He's glaswegian.
He called him crap about 5 or 6 times during the ensuing calls. I remember someone saying he shouldn't have said it and should apologise and Paddy responding "Why? He is crap"

Unread 21-06-2007, 11:17 AM
violater

Quote:
If it was uncomplimentary, then Ronaldo deserved it. Much as I rate the lad & don't give a toss about ingurrrlund, that was not his finest hour
ronaldo didn absolutely nothing wrong during the world cup. absolutely nothing.

only an idiot would think otherwise.

Unread 21-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Peter griffin

Your thinking of Pearson, he was sacked basically for saying that Veron was shit. Paddy will have a job there for life if nothing else then for his fantastic bias in commentry

Unread 21-06-2007, 11:20 AM
dakpul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter griffin
Your thinking of Pearson, he was sacked basically for saying that Veron was shit. Paddy will have a job there for life if nothing else then for his fantastic bias in commentry
oh was it, my memory is shit.
Closed Thread