United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-02-2007, 11:59 AM
My Name is Keith

'We', the fans have a very important role in any clearout.

Is it not counterproductive to United's cause for us to put forward our suggestions for who we get rid of on a publicly available forum? If other clubs and managers read this forum and become aware of how woeful some of our players really are; what hope have we of getting any decent cash for them?

(Of course, the logic is that managers no longer have eyes and are more inclined to garner opinion from an internet forum).

But we really do need to start 'bigging'* some of our 2nd stringers up. This is what the yanks are good at - selling shit to bears who live in woods.

And we must help this effort.

Why don't we start a Fred/RI internet campaign to 'keep' Darren Fletcher at United. We can then follow this up with 'Fletcher Must Stay' chants from the terraces? Maybe even some protests after the game against Fergie for not playing him more often?

Before you know it, the papers will latch on and Fletch will become one of the most sought after anaemic blue-legged footballers of all time.

Think about it.

* I apologise unreservedly for using this term.

Unread 19-02-2007, 12:00 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
richardson isnt going anywhere.
if you love him so much he can stay at your gaff. i £#%&!in hate him. nft.

Unread 19-02-2007, 01:40 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
if you love him so much he can stay at your gaff. i £#%&!in hate him. nft.

I'd be more excited to get rid of Silvestre, Fletcher, O'Shea and Richardson than if we were to sign Ronaldinho or Kaka. Slight exaggeration but those four are truly awful 'footballers'.

Unread 19-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Great crosser of the ball, other than that, average.

I've got a funny feeling Ole will be leaving us in the summer too.
Agree Ole on his way..maybe to Larsen's club.

Unread 19-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Great crosser of the ball, other than that, average.

I've got a funny feeling Ole will be leaving us in the summer too.
Agree Ole on his way..maybe to Larsson's club.

Unread 19-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Luffy

Ole is staying on, he'll do one more season as bit part player - probably as our 5th striker.

Nevertheless he has been rewarded with a coaching contract as well and will stay on past his playing days in a coaching capacity.

Fergie always said he fancies Ole as a manager one day and looks like he's getting a head start. He's a positive personality to have around as well - unless Ole changed his mind, he's sticking around for awhile yet.

and Rossi has the best chance of breaking Ruud's European goal record. we just need to make roo for him in the squad - byebye smith.

Unread 19-02-2007, 03:27 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
and Rossi has the best chance of breaking Ruud's European goal record. we just need to make roo for him in the squad - byebye smith.
What are you on?

Agree with the bye bye to Smith though.

Unread 19-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy

WUM WUM WUM cmon and do the WUMMER

Unread 19-02-2007, 03:39 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy

I'd be more excited to get rid of Silvestre, Fletcher, O'Shea and Richardson than if we were to sign Ronaldinho or Kaka. Slight exaggeration but those four are truly awful 'footballers'.
me too. sign Torres or bin those 4? hmm! nft.
Closed Thread