Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-01-2007, 10:56 PM
ihayefowler

Default The 1977 cup final

I want football to be like that again

Unread 12-01-2007, 12:09 AM
Animal™

Best ever FA Final for my money. Loved it.

Unread 12-01-2007, 12:17 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal™
Best ever FA Final for my money. Loved it.

Those were the days, looks absolutely quality.

Unread 12-01-2007, 12:45 AM
HarkNowHear

[SIZE="7"]You'll never do the treble

Unread 12-01-2007, 09:06 AM
Whiteside

that final was on ESPN classics last night... looked amazing with all the flags

76 against southampton was on it as well

Unread 12-01-2007, 09:14 AM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihayefowler

I want football to be like that again
Sorry i had to ask but what haye mean?

Unread 12-01-2007, 09:18 AM
armchair

Best Silver Jubilee ever! Still have the program from it. I'll send it to whoever posts the best memories of the day.

I was 9 and went with my grand-dad god rest his soul.

Unread 12-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Skag Trendy

I wasnt even born.

Unread 12-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Whiteside

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Best Silver Jubilee ever! Still have the program from it. I'll send it to whoever posts the best memories of the day.

if your interested you can buy the replica shirt of that final... got one from burtons but theres some here http://scoredraw.com/

Unread 12-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Whiteside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
I wasnt even born.
me neither

Unread 12-01-2007, 09:27 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside
if your interested you can buy the replica shirt of that final... got one from burtons but theres some here http://scoredraw.com/
my replica days are over!

round by round seeing as I have the programme in front of me.

3rd walsall(h) 1-0 Hill
4th qpr(h) 1-0 Macari
5th S'hampton(a) 2-2 Macari, Hill
Replay(h) 2-1 J.Greenhoff 2
6th Villa 2-1 Houston, Macari
Semi Lids 2-1 J.Greenhoff, Coppell

Unread 12-01-2007, 10:05 AM
HarkNowHear

went to every game in the cup run I remember that. Walsall gad done us after a replay not many years before. Leeds were faveourites for the semi. £#%&!in ell we outnumbered them at Sheffield ridiculously. I was in the seats near the Leppings Lane .That big open Kop end just seemed to fill with red as the game progressed,tiny expolsions in the crowd as scuffles broke out and this never ending wave of red evenyually seemed to cover that end.

Southampton away, seem to remember it was baking by the time we got down there. Offside goal had done us the previous May hadnt it so there was much talk about the game. The red army were out in force to say the least. Yes, it was baking, I am sure a wall(toilet I think) had been kicked in at our end and many ticketless reds had got in. It was choc a bloc definitely. There was a red in a gorilla suit and I could only imagine how hot he must have been. Bloody hell it packed that afternoon. Post match scuffle on the pitch as reds celebrating the draw away from home had spilled over at the final whistle

Great to do them @#%&!s in the final and stop their "certain treble"

Of course there was John Peel at 2 minutes past 10

Unread 12-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Jack Duckworth

it was before i was born, but i remember my oold man regaling me of tales of how he jibbbed it down to wembley with a few mates on the overnight post train or something?

i've got the video of the final and i saw the highlights on espn classic last night. still trying to get over the united fans singing YNWA, in a non-piss-taking way. apparently we used to sing it quite alot? when did the scouse steal, i mean adopt, it?

Unread 12-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Whiteside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
it was before i was born, but i remember my oold man regaling me of tales of how he jibbbed it down to wembley with a few mates on the overnight post train or something?

i've got the video of the final and i saw the highlights on espn classic last night. still trying to get over the united fans singing YNWA, in a non-piss-taking way. apparently we used to sing it quite alot? when did the scouse steal, i mean adopt, it?
heard this discussion about the dreaded YNWA before on here... apparently loadsa fans from different clubs used to sing it, until the scousers just adopted it.

before i was born that final i was born in 1980 - my dad went though.

Unread 12-01-2007, 11:06 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

I was 10 and went with my Dad, god rest his soul too.

Great after the heartache of the year before.

Unread 12-01-2007, 11:07 AM
thatsfuctit

I reckon my Aunty still will have the game on LP..

She used to get them all, and put them on when we went to visit my Gran in Sale on a sunday afternoon...

Unread 12-01-2007, 11:18 AM
MUFC One Love

I was born 10 years after that.

I have no memories.

Unread 12-01-2007, 11:24 AM
jem

sitting on the sofa with my "liverpool-supporting" cousin. fights broke out around the room. I took his cushion. he left five minutes before half-time to get ribena.

I cried the year before.

Unread 12-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Tumescent Throb

I think Stokes might have been onside

Unread 12-01-2007, 11:45 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I was born 10 years after that.

I have no memories.
We had 1996
Closed Thread