United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Tumescent Throb

He is one lucky man if you ask me and good luck to him. United. Then Madrid. And now the face of Soccer in America. He is gonna have a fantastic time over there and get paid megabucks while he's at it.

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:32 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
i'm sure he'll regret it when he's counting his millions, in a huge mansion in LA, great weather, great lifestyle.

how many of us honestly wouldn't swap with him

as for wasted career, his cv looks better than most players this country has ever produced
Like David Beckham knows what a CV is

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:35 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
I blame posh spice.

nft.
you can't blame her. The blame sits with him for letting his wife drag him down.

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:36 PM
violater

Quote:
i'm sure he'll regret it when he's counting his millions, in a huge mansion in LA, great weather, great lifestyle.

how many of us honestly wouldn't swap with him

as for wasted career, his cv looks better than most players this country has ever produced
sometimes its not all about money....

look at his peers.
giggs,scholes,g neville all still playing at the highest level at the club they have supported all their lives.
they are still worshipped by the fans and now seemto be enjoying their football.

while beckham who is being practically booted out of madrid is forced to sign for a "soccer" team to avoid having to come back a 2nd tier club who clearly only want him for publicity purposes....

look at his new club
http://la.galaxy.mlsnet.com/t106

the "superdraft", games having to end with a winner.
beckham is a joke imo.

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:37 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Like David Beckham knows what a CV is

ok, I should've said citroen

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Grimson

As far as using him as a tool for marketing the game in the States, he's gone to the wrong team. The Galaxy support is 90% Mexican, and they're going to hate him. In fact he'll proably be responsible for bringing a boring, family picnic atmosphere to the ground.

Galaxy support before Beckham:

[YOUTUBE]EhME6EWPmqw[/YOUTUBE]

And after:

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:39 PM
TheNew

Play that video without sound, it looks gay as £#%&!.

I think it's the lad in the black shirt that does it.

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:40 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
sometimes its not all about money....

look at his peers.
giggs,scholes,g neville all still playing at the highest level at the club they have supported all their lives.
they are still worshipped by the fans and now seemto be enjoying their football.

while beckham who is being practically booted out of madrid is forced to sign for a "soccer" team to avoid having to come back a 2nd tier club who clearly only want him for publicity purposes....

look at his new club
http://la.galaxy.mlsnet.com/t106

the "superdraft", games having to end with a winner.
beckham is a joke imo.

with respect, most of that is %@#$&!s.

and with pro footballers the majority of the time it is about money.

and being shunted out of madrid? is this the same madrid that 99% of footballers would jump at the chance to play for given the chance.

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
games having to end with a winner.
beckham is a joke imo.

Wrong. MLS games end in draws just like everywhere else.

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Qwertyuiop

I'm sure he'll enjoy playing alongside such world greats as Landon Donovan and Coventry City reject Cobi Jones.

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:42 PM
TheNew

Got to agree with Violater on this.

There is no reason, a motivated Beckham can not play at a high level. Sadly, his motivation is either pleasing his wife, or pleasing his bank manager.

I hope he lives to regret joining LA.

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:42 PM
chorleyred

look at the players he's played with in his career, with us and with madrid.

if you think that's failure, then you baffle me

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:43 PM
violater

Quote:
with respect, most of that is %@#$&!s.

and with pro footballers the majority of the time it is about money.

and being shunted out of madrid? is this the same madrid that 99% of footballers would jump at the chance to play for
thats not the point now is it?

so what if real madrid is a club anyone would play for?

all you have to do is look at his peers...

giggs and scholes.
they will go on to be ambassadors for the club and held in high esteem.

beckham has failed in spain after saying he joined to win things...
and is now purely in america as purely a marketing tool and nothing to do with his ability on the pitch.

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:44 PM
TheNew

Quote:
look at the players he's played with in his career, with us and with madrid.

if you think that's failure, then you baffle me
Chorleyred, he's had a good career, but why is it winding down so abruptly at the not very old age of 31?

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

I wonder had McLaren not axed him whether he would have made the same decision?

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:47 PM
armchair

Real Madrid and the treatment he got from McClaren finished him off as a footballer.

What's so wrong about semi-retiring and promoting your interests in a new continent? He's got his soccer schools and will probably be in a couple of hollywood films as well as tons of talkshows etc. Going to some shite club knowing you're not the player you were would be far more soul destroying than taking on a completely new challenge.

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:47 PM
chorleyred

is this the same giggs that gets slaughtered regularly?

scholes is a one off, probably never to be seen the like of again

all the other player you mention would have probably jumped ship to madrid too, had they wanted them

he'll love LA and his lifestyle imo, fair play to him I say

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Tumescent Throb

I think Beckham's motivation is enjoying life. As I said, winning the lot at Manchester United to playing with some of the world game's all-time legends at Real Madrid is pretty £#%&!ing far from a joke. And now the chance to follow in the foot-steps of Pele and Best in lighting up Soccer in America - and all while based in LA. Sounds good to me!

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:49 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
Chorleyred, he's had a good career, but why is it winding down so abruptly at the not very old age of 31?

where is it winding down?

he's got his new soccer schools thing already set up in la hasn't he. I would imagine he sees a superb opportunity and a fantastic challenge, whilst being paid more money than he's earned at united or madrid

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:52 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
As far as using him as a tool for marketing the game in the States, he's gone to the wrong team. The Galaxy support is 90% Mexican, and they're going to hate him. In fact he'll proably be responsible for bringing a boring, family picnic atmosphere to the ground.

Galaxy support before Beckham:

[YOUTUBE]EhME6EWPmqw[/YOUTUBE]

And after:

nice one!
Closed Thread