https://www.theguardian.com/football...-league-season

Unread 28-07-2020, 11:02 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Some good references this week

Lingard

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-league-season
Think that might have been the best one he's done all season. I even smiled at the Goodfellas reference.

Unread 28-07-2020, 12:43 PM
jem

still can't raise a smile.

and he clearly hasn't looked at jose recently or he would be depicting him more like albert steptoe.

Unread 28-07-2020, 12:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
and he clearly hasn't looked at jose recently or he would be depicting him more like albert steptoe.

Unread 28-07-2020, 03:22 PM
Time For Heroes

Fantastic slating of the podium building, staff furloughing, poetry writing £#%&!ers at the end there

Unread 28-07-2020, 05:39 PM
red in cumbria

Yes, not a bad season closer that. Though there are still some cup competitions to sort out of course.

Unread 04-08-2020, 12:24 PM
no fun

https://www.theguardian.com/football...otiation-final

Not much cop, but at least he gets in a dig that fat Frank is a Tory @#%&!

Unread 04-08-2020, 05:39 PM
red in cumbria

A few inspired moments tbf.

Unread 04-08-2020, 05:41 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
https://www.theguardian.com/football...otiation-final

Not much cop, but at least he gets in a dig that fat Frank is a Tory @#%&!
When is he having a summer break ?

Unread 04-08-2020, 08:02 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
£#%&! knows...with European games and scottish fitba’ he could go right through😷

Unread 04-08-2020, 10:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Don't think he does tbh?

Unread 11-08-2020, 11:11 AM
no fun

Ramos as a shoreditch barber

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ampions-league

Unread 11-08-2020, 11:27 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Zidane riding the chopper in the window in the last pane

Unread 14-08-2020, 12:22 PM
utd99

The Guardian is a weird old newspaper isn’t it? They’ve obviously got this policy of heavy reporting on women’s football as though they’ve decided the two are of equal interest, but they’re not. That’s not something a newspaper can decide for the people; the level of interest in anything just is what it is. Most women I’ve come across who like footy follow about the men’s game not the women’s.

Today’s banner headline on the back page was some woman I’ve never heard of is in line to take over the national team from Phil Neville. I didn’t even know Phil Neville was in charge of the women’s team.

Unread 14-08-2020, 12:26 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
The Guardian is a weird old newspaper isn’t it? They’ve obviously got this policy of heavy reporting on women’s football as though they’ve decided the two are of equal interest, but they’re not. That’s not something a newspaper can decide for the people; the level of interest in anything just is what it is. Most women I’ve come across who like footy follow about the men’s game not the women’s.
No, but that's something the papers editors can decide for themselves, and then people can choose to read it or not.

Quote:

Today’s banner headline on the back page was some woman I’ve never heard of is in line to take over the national team from Phil Neville. I didn’t even know Phil Neville was in charge of the women’s team.
Shame no-one puts this stuff more prominently on the back pages, then you wouldn't look so stupid...

Unread 14-08-2020, 12:29 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
No, but that's something the papers editors can decide for themselves, and then people can choose to read it or not.

Shame no-one puts this stuff more prominently on the back pages, then you wouldn't look so stupid...
Uh oh.... progressive alert!

There’s a difference between stupidity and lack of interest mate. If you weren’t so stupid you’d know that.

Maybe that’s why their readership is skyrocketing like it is.

Unread 14-08-2020, 12:35 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Uh oh.... progressive alert!

There’s a difference between stupidity and lack of interest mate. If you weren’t so stupid you’d know that.
I'm not interested in women's football, I tried watching the world Cup a few years back when it was hyped up and I ended up turning it off after 5 minutes because the quality was shocking.

But I still know that the last three England Women managers were Hope Powell, that guy that looked like a perv and then got sacked for some reason (can't remember if it was a pervy reason or not tbh), and then Phil Neville.

Still, you're interested enough to get worked up about people reporting on it.
Closed Thread