Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-05-2014, 11:15 AM
barca99

Didn't see this guy on anyone's list of 'whose he bringing in'

Not that it matters, we wont sign him.

Unread 28-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Neo

Godin is their best defender is also a leader, which is what we need at the back.

Unread 28-05-2014, 11:53 AM
RedMenace

Would he even get a work permit? Seven caps in 5 years and he's 29, shouldn't come under "exceptional talent" really.

Unread 28-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Macca1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Godin is their best defender is also a leader, which is what we need at the back.
This, every time I've watched Athletico this season he (Godin) has been one of the best players on the pitch.

Unread 28-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1990
This, every time I've watched Athletico this season he (Godin) has been one of the best players on the pitch.
He's arguably been the best centre-back in the world this season. Maybe a question about his pace, but he is exactly what we need - a leader in their prime who can organise the defence.

Garay or Hummels would be good signings. Subotić has always been the centre-back that has stood out for me, but he's suffered a terrible injury.

Unread 28-05-2014, 12:34 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
In a world where a 27 year old David Luiz goes for £50m, £26m for Miranda would look a bargain in comparison.

Ideally we just throw £30m at Hummels instead and get someone we can build around long term.

Really weird why we aren't in for Garay who is heading to Zenit for about £15m.
this.

Unread 28-05-2014, 12:34 PM
ZiggyStardust

I wouldn't be buying either of Atletico's 2 centre backs as they've played well in a team that defends deep and gives a lot of protection to their two centre backs
Under LvG we will be defending higher up the pitch and our centre backs will have to be comfortable defending one on one

The best example of this was when Madrid signed Cannavaro off the back of a great world cup for an Italy side that defended deep and gave good protection to their centre backs
In Madrid he played in a team that gave little protection to their defence and played higher up the pitch and Cannavaro struggled badly

Someone like Hummels would suit us far more and Vertonghen wouldn't be a bad option either

Unread 28-05-2014, 12:50 PM
ScarFace

do know him, dont care. Just get it done.

with our transfer history, i presume they are all shit

Unread 28-05-2014, 12:50 PM
rafabio

english media took their time to copy the news

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/foo...fender-Miranda

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-defender.html

Unread 28-05-2014, 12:55 PM
rafabio

#MUFC boss David Moyes is eyeing a summer move for Atletico Madrid centre-back Joao Miranda [Daily Star]. http://fb.me/6E4HdgxCf

From February 16th. Glad to see we are still working with Moyes transfer list

Unread 28-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I wouldn't be buying either of Atletico's 2 centre backs as they've played well in a team that defends deep and gives a lot of protection to their two centre backs
Under LvG we will be defending higher up the pitch and our centre backs will have to be comfortable defending one on one

The best example of this was when Madrid signed Cannavaro off the back of a great world cup for an Italy side that defended deep and gave good protection to their centre backs
In Madrid he played in a team that gave little protection to their defence and played higher up the pitch and Cannavaro struggled badly

Someone like Hummels would suit us far more and Vertonghen wouldn't be a bad option either
Spot on, same reason why we shouln't be signing Garay

Unread 28-05-2014, 01:36 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Spot on, same reason why we shouln't be signing Garay
And why Jones, Smalling and Evans might be suited to the style.

Unread 28-05-2014, 02:42 PM
RedMenace

%@#$&!s according to Ian Ladiesman of the Mail

Unread 28-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
%@#$&!s according to Ian Ladiesman of the Mail
Good.

Just googled him, Miranda not Ladyman, and he looks like a fanny. Would be shit in English football.

Unread 28-05-2014, 02:50 PM
ryanMUFC

Good player, no longer arsed how much we pay for players tbh. Makes up for the Liam miller, David bellion, djemba-djemba, Valencia signings. We're a big club and it's about time we pay big prices for good players.

Unread 28-05-2014, 02:55 PM
ScarFace

Ian Ladyman ‏@Ian_Ladyman_DM 39m
The #MUFC Miranda link would appear to be a load of old guff. Another one for the cutting room floor.

Unread 28-05-2014, 02:57 PM
ChairmanMao

If we were going to buy any of Atleti's defenders my money would be on Alderweireld, 25, almost 200 games for Ajax and has played centre half and right back internationally for Belgium. Godin and Miranda have restricted him to 21 appearances this season in Madrid, but he was highly sought after before he ended up there.

Unread 28-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Ian Ladyman ‏@Ian_Ladyman_DM 39m
The #MUFC Miranda link would appear to be a load of old guff. Another one for the cutting room floor.
i guess it's time to read this rumour it's miranda rights.

you have the right to remain summer season transfer bollox

bake him away toys.

Unread 28-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Johnaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

you have the right to remain summer season transfer b*****

bake him away toys.
YEAHHHHHH

Unread 28-05-2014, 03:21 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

you have the right to remain summer season transfer bollox

bake him away toys.
Closed Thread