United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-07-2013, 02:07 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Mainly because we only have a finite amount of money to spend so as a fan you want to see it spent right
We do, others don't.

It's fine to take the piss out of city for paying stupid money if you want but it's totally insignificant to them, they've got all the money in the world it's just numbers. If they scab a european cup they won't be paying £30m for squad players they'll be going for the players that laughed at them a couple of years ago and getting them.

Liverpools funny because they're shit and can only get shit at highly inflated prices, they've got a similar set up to us and no chance of winning anything. If they get taken over and can match city and chelsea for wages they'll beat both of them for players.

If the Glazers sold to an Arab or Russian tomorrow Ronaldo would be holding up a scarf on Thursday.

Unread 30-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Other than the One Direction reference, that post was more valid in 1995.

It's gone, pal. Totally gone. Either forget it or join that godawful Stand AMF crew.
I hate football.

Unread 30-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Tumescent Throb

because fees and wages are obscene in the context of wider society

because they represent the game being taken away from the traditional supporter more and more

because the advertising and marketing that you are sold to pay for the fees and wages is rotting your £#%&!ing mind

etc etc

Unread 30-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

because they represent the game being taken away from the traditional supporter more and more

because the advertising and marketing that you are sold to pay for the fees and wages is rotting your £#%&!ing mind

etc etc
I hate it when I agree with Throb.

Unread 30-07-2013, 02:22 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:

etc etc
Welcome to 1995

Unread 30-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Welcome to 1995
spoken like a true sky fan :shakehead:

Unread 30-07-2013, 02:31 PM
irk

Quote:

etc etc
this.

and because it's an analogy of the wider world. money has taken something with real human value and co-opted it for it's own ends and in so doing corrupted its soul. lap it up morons.

Unread 30-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
this.

and because it's an analogy of the wider world. money has taken something with real human value and co-opted it for it's own ends and in so doing corrupted its soul. lap it up morons.
word brother

back in the day (70s/early 80s for me) transfer fees were madness, but the whole thing wasn't driven even 10% as much as it is today (post Heysel), with the marketing, sponsorship and advertising being driven straight into people's brains at every turn

Unread 30-07-2013, 02:38 PM
guerreiro

As we're obviously now playing in a capitalist industry, if we get it properly wrong, we go bust. I'm sure Leeds fans were happy when they were buying players for silly money, probably not now.

Unread 30-07-2013, 02:39 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
spoken like a true sky fan :shakehead:
Hahahahahaahaha.

Unread 30-07-2013, 02:40 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
As we're obviously now playing in a capitalist industry, if we get it properly wrong, we go bust. I'm sure Leeds fans were happy when they were buying players for silly money, probably not now.
And who's fans have been more interested in the fact that they don't buy players rather than their premier league ticket prices for mid to lower table championship club?

Unread 30-07-2013, 02:43 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
And who's fans have been more interested in the fact that they don't buy players rather than their premier league ticket prices for mid to lower table championship club?
I'm sure you know, but I can't make head nor tail what this means?

Unread 30-07-2013, 02:47 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
I'm sure you know, but I can't make head nor tail what this means?
Leeds fans complaints are not about ken bates ripping them off for years it's about them not buying players.
So they'd rather not be in the position they're in but think the club should do the thing that £#%&!ed them up as the way to get out of said position.

Unread 30-07-2013, 02:52 PM
guerreiro

Ah, I shouldn't be using Leeds fans as examples of anything other than #@&%!s really.

Unread 30-07-2013, 02:56 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Ah, I shouldn't be using Leeds fans as examples of anything other than #@&%!s really.
A harsh lesson but I'm glad you learned it.

Unread 30-07-2013, 03:12 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
It's not leeds fans it's all football fans

Unread 30-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Neo

Any idiot who thinks that fans shouldn't be concerned about transfer fees because 'it doesn't affect them' needs their head caved in.

Braindead £#%&!ing morons.

Unread 30-07-2013, 03:23 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Any idiot who thinks that fans shouldn't be concerned about transfer fees because 'it doesn't affect them' needs their head caved in.

Braindead £#%&!ing morons.
How exactly does it affect you? Please explain

Unread 30-07-2013, 03:24 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
How exactly does it affect you? Please explain
You're a brain dead moron remember. You wouldn't understand.

Better stop before neo caves your head in.

Unread 30-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

So the question "how does it affect you?" is still being asked despite myself and irk answering it already?
Closed Thread