United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-07-2013, 05:14 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
PSG's business last summer was the zenith of the new cash fuelled clubs £#%&!ing up football. Paris Saint £#%&!ing Germain purchasing AC Milan's best player and their captain

Very depressing.
Indeed. PSG basically raid Italy every summer for the best talent. Lavezzi, Pastore, Ibra, Thiago, Verratti, now Cavani and Marquinhos.

Serie A: the breeding ground for Paris Saint-Germain.

Unread 18-07-2013, 06:46 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Indeed. PSG basically raid Italy every summer for the best talent. Lavezzi, Pastore, Ibra, Thiago, Verratti, now Cavani and Marquinhos.

Serie A: the breeding ground for Paris Saint-Germain.
not exactly true. If you see most of the players they signed till now, it were all from clubs where either leonardo played or had links with. Now with him gone, I expect the transfer policy to change.

Unread 18-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Amish Mash

So, Italy then.

Unread 18-07-2013, 07:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
not exactly true. If you see most of the players they signed till now, it were all from clubs where either leonardo played or had links with. Now with him gone, I expect the transfer policy to change.
That's not really the point. It's that they were able to do it, rather than the fact that it was their decided policy.

Unread 19-07-2013, 06:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Marquinhos just been announced on a five-year deal.

Taking their spending this week to €110m.

Unread 19-07-2013, 06:45 PM
JakeB

Quote:

City, Monaco, and PSG have spent around £325,000,000 between them this summer now.

Wouldn't be surprised if that was more than the rest of the Premier League clubs and La Liga put together.

Unread 19-07-2013, 08:06 PM
wiganste

I really couldnt give a flying £#%&! about football anymore. I've had enough - not bothering going any games this coming season. Dont have sky and I can't be arsed watching on a stream

RIP football, the game has been killed by these super shit clubs throwing around hundreds of millions of pounds. £#%&!ers

Unread 19-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

:shakehead:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I really couldnt give a flying £#%&! about football anymore. I've had enough - not bothering going any games this coming season. Dont have sky and I can't be arsed watching on a stream

RIP football, the game has been killed by these super shit clubs throwing around hundreds of millions of pounds. £#%&!ers

Exactly. £#%&! it. More important things to waste our time on.

Unread 19-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

off to FC?

Unread 19-07-2013, 10:31 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
off to FC?
No. Non league football doesn't appeal to me

Unread 19-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
No. Non league football doesn't appeal to me
yeah but i've heard it's great because you get to act like a punk or something.

Unread 19-07-2013, 10:33 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
yeah but i've heard it's great because you get to act like a punk or something.
Might give it a try then.

Unread 20-07-2013, 12:04 AM
gbmufc

Manchester United will soon be classed as non league in this cess pool of transfer corruption where the rich get richer and the best get poorer we have Arabs and Russians wanting the best in the world. We will compete because thats what we do (did). But we are not in their ball park believe me. They want trophies we want profit. It aint gonna work!

Unread 20-07-2013, 12:23 AM
tatty

I'm sure these wealthy owners will find ways of circumventing UEFA spending rules and it will take the failure of a couple of big names to really force a crackdown.

We can't compete with players who are motivated primarily by cash which leaves us fishing in a pretty small pool of decent footballers who place a value on history and the name of 'old' teams.

Unread 20-07-2013, 12:29 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
Manchester United will soon be classed as non league in this cess pool of transfer corruption where the rich get richer and the best get poorer we have Arabs and Russians wanting the best in the world. We will compete because thats what we do (did). But we are not in their ball park believe me. They want trophies we want profit. It aint gonna work!
We don't need to be like the Arabs or Russians, we just need to be like Bayern Munich
They don't pay ridiculous transfer fees or wages to sign top players but are smart and decisive with the players they want to sign

Fergie needs to take a lot of the blame for how desperate we are for at least 1 top class midfield player this summer
How Fergie didn't sign even a component central midfielder never mind a top class one for the last 6 years is completely unacceptable

We seem to be happy to pay 35 million this summer for Fabregas however when other top class midfielders were available previous summers for a similar or even smaller amount we instead signed £#%&!ing Ashley Young

Now there are fewer top class midfielders available on the market as they are being hoovered up by a select few clubs. I almost feel sorry for Moyes as we missed the boat in previous transfer windows
Closed Thread