United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-02-2013, 12:52 PM
dunk

Dynamo Kiev missing a practically open goal that would've knocked us out?

Losing at home to Fenerbahce, you'd have made a killing if you'd bet on that..

Unread 04-02-2013, 12:58 PM
redhegemony

Sounds a bit lame given the sums involved - who's going to risk much for such piss poor payments...never quite understood how you rig a football match unless it's a ref.

Quote:
They said that criminals put €16m on rigged matches and made €8m in profits. Payments of €2m are thought to have been paid to those involved, while investigators said that the biggest payment to an individual was €140,000

Unread 04-02-2013, 01:03 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Sounds a bit lame given the sums involved - who's going to risk much for such piss poor payments...never quite understood how you rig a football match unless it's a ref.
New to EuroPol?

Unread 04-02-2013, 01:09 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Probably us involved, one of the mediocre teams (Cluj, Braga, Otelul etc) we've had to play the last couple of years in Europe having a player or two who wants a nice little paycheck.

Says game was played IN England.
http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionslea...215/index.html

Unread 04-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Zorg

Utd v Maccabi Haifa, pretty sure Giggs scored a header. Obvious dark forces at work there.

Unread 04-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver

Unread 04-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

milan - juve 2003

Unread 04-02-2013, 01:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Utd v Maccabi Haifa, pretty sure Giggs scored a header. Obvious dark forces at work there.
He's scored quite a few headers tbf to him, including that 18 yard one against Coventry at OT

Unread 04-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He's scored quite a few headers tbf to him, including that 18 yard one against Coventry at OT
Was hoping no-one would pick me up on that.

Unread 04-02-2013, 01:19 PM
MJ Ramone

I would say Chelsea must have been given a helping hand last year given how £#%&!ing spawny they were, but I really do think that was down to some kind of Gypsy curse. It was simply freak result after freak result.

Apparently it's far more likely that these rigged games took place during qualifying, group stages, Europa League etc.. rather than any high profile semi-Final or what have you.

Unread 04-02-2013, 01:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Was hoping no-one would pick me up on that.
Sorry, bit of a bugbear of mine. Commentators often lazily trot out some cliche about his heading ability should he score or get on the end of a cross. Truth is, he's been a pretty decent header of the ball over the years.. Barca at OT springs to mind..

Unread 04-02-2013, 01:21 PM
red @rmy

Thumbs up

Hope Barca are one of the teams, and we get the Roma and Wembley wins by default.

Rawk would combust in phlegm.

Unread 04-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Zorg

I know it says the champions league match took place in England but if this match wasn't fixed I'm the Queen of Burnage:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ampions-league

Quote:
Lyon, having started the night three points behind Ajax, who also had a vastly superior goal difference, produced just the avalanche of goals they needed after Gomis levelled on the stroke of half-time.

Unread 04-02-2013, 01:36 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Liverpool v Chelsea CL Semi in 2005(?) The goal that never crossed the line springs to mind..
It was proven through a virtual replay to have not crossed the line

However what really annoys me is that when you say that to vermin fans they just say that play would have been brought back and Cech would have been sent off and a penalty given

An absolute load of %@#$&!s, when have you seen a player have a shot on goal which is missed but the play is then brought back for a penalty as there was no advantage
It never happens

Unread 04-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Bunker Buster

That >

Classic match fixing wink.

Just the right avalanche of goals needed with a classic

Unread 04-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Rumours abound that it was Liverpool v Debrecen

Kuyt swept home the winner after Debrecen keeper Vukasin Poleksic failed to hold a low shot from Fernando Torres.

The same keeper who is now banned for match fixing

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/sports/soc...amefixing.html

I would laugh my #@&%! off if this is true (albeit it would appear the verm weren't in on it)

All their talk of corruption, they have nicely erased Grobbelaar havent they :shakehead:

Unread 04-02-2013, 02:08 PM
bobbledinho

Was in the last 3 years apparently. Amazing how cheap some refs/players are. :shakehead:

Unread 04-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Imagine the posts on RAWK if this is indeed true.

Unread 04-02-2013, 03:38 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling

Kuyt swept home the winner after Debrecen keeper Vukasin Poleksic failed to hold a low shot from Fernando Torres.

The same keeper who is now banned for match fixing

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/sports/soc...amefixing.html

I would laugh my #@&%! off if this is true (albeit it would appear the verm weren't in on it)

All their talk of corruption, they have nicely erased Grobbelaar havent they :shakehead:

Unread 04-02-2013, 04:17 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Europol
Closed Thread