United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-12-2011, 10:43 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
January 2012 - The return of the prodigal son.

Rather have wes back, scored more goals for us than rooney recently

Unread 08-12-2011, 10:46 PM
The Watcher

O'Shea>Evans

Unread 08-12-2011, 10:52 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
O'Shea>Evans
At the moment, no question. O'Shea was distinctly average most of the time, but he didn't make anywhere near the amount of basic and costly errors Evans makes pretty much every single time he plays. Still only 23 so plenty of time to improve, but £#%&! me he's awful at the moment.

Unread 08-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Huge blow. With Rio going a bit shit and Evans a liability, Vidic may have been the last player we could afford to lose long-term. If Fergie persists with Evans we're £#%&!ed.
And mark my words he will.

Unread 08-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Sparky***

i think we all suspected as much.

£#%&! me, evans now first choice for the rest of the season. :shakehead:

What a £#%&!ing nightmare.

Unread 08-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Neo

Get Rafael fit and stick Jones and Smallingbauer in as first choice centre-backs.

Rio on the bench as third choice. I'd genuinely rather have Fryers ahead of Evans.

Unread 08-12-2011, 11:14 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Get Rafael fit and stick Jones and Smallingbauer in as first choice centre-backs.

Rio on the bench as third choice. I'd genuinely rather have Fryers ahead of Evans.
Jones and Smalling are still pretty vulnerable, as last night showed in Smalling's case, but at least they're both more aggressive than Evans. They'll make similar mistakes in terms of positioning and concentration, but they won't get bullied the way Evans does. I'd probably opt for Ferdinand and one of them in the middle. Not sure our title challenge can survive Vidic's absence, though.

Unread 08-12-2011, 11:25 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Get Rafael fit

Unread 08-12-2011, 11:28 PM
redhegemony

Instead of a centre half in midfield reckon we might now have a midfielder at full back half the time....

Maybe we're going total football...

Unread 08-12-2011, 11:32 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Instead of a centre half in midfield reckon we might now have a midfielder at full back half the time....

Maybe we're going total football...
Valencia smalling jones evra

Is a distinct possibility

Unread 08-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Stickman

Vidic out for a long time - it just doesnt get any worse than that. We're near twice the team with him in it at the moment.

Unread 08-12-2011, 11:42 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Just £#%&! off.

Unread 09-12-2011, 12:02 AM
taff

that is inordinately depressing news.

Unread 09-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Jerry the Berry

Losing Vidic could be the difference between us finishing 2nd and 3rd in the league.

Unread 09-12-2011, 12:26 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
that is inordinately depressing news.
Indeed

Unread 09-12-2011, 12:36 AM
Agent Dale Cooper

If so, what a disaster and could it be the end of him as a World Class defender? He's an old-fashioned stopper diving in to get blocks - he'll surely have to adjust his game?

I'm dreading the rest of the season.

Didn't Heinze do his cruciate? He wasn't even half the player when he came back. Similar age, too.

Unread 09-12-2011, 12:40 AM
The Watcher

£#%&! knows how much worse he'll be after the clowns in our medical department get their hands on him.

I reckon he's done for the season, it looked £#%&!ing awful on the TV replays.

Unread 09-12-2011, 12:41 AM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry the Berry
Losing Vidic could be the difference between us finishing 2nd and 3rd in the league.
I'm starting to really worry now. Arsenal have rediscovered their form, Chelsea look like they've turned the corner, and Spurs are on fire. If we carry on as present - and it's likely given our midfield options/injuries - it will be a scrap to be in the top four. Thank the Lord that Dalglish pissed away £100 million or else Liverpool could have been in the equation, too.

Unread 09-12-2011, 12:41 AM
dunk

£#%&!s sake

It never rains, but it £#%&!ing pours

Unread 09-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dale Cooper
I'm starting to really worry now. Arsenal have rediscovered their form, Chelsea look like they've turned the corner, and Spurs are on fire. If we carry on as present - and it's likely given our midfield options/injuries - it will be a scrap to be in the top four. Thank the Lord that Dalglish pissed away £100 million or else Liverpool could have been in the equation, too.
Right now our best defender is out, our best midfielder is out, and our best finisher too.

Looks like Young's aggravated his toe injury aswell, but the way he's been playing, Park And Valencia cant do any worse.

Pretty much depends on Nani and Rooney now.
Closed Thread