United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-02-2010, 11:52 AM
carlosartorial

Thumbs up Re: Anderson

On the plus side at least we don't have to suffer his shit samba-style dancing if we win the league cup.

SilverSurfer

Default Re: Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
That's what I'd expect too, but it relies on an injury free two weeks for the players in question.

Otherwise, it's big Darron against Milan. A thought that terrifies me to my very soul.
I'm not sure I'm ready to face this implication. Get out your prayer mats, votive offerings, whatever you prefer.

BulgarianSpectator

Quote:
That's what I'd expect too, but it relies on an injury free two weeks for the players in question.

Otherwise, it's big Darron against Milan. A thought that terrifies me to my very soul.
Could always play Rooney in midfield with either Diouf, Berbatov or Owen up front.

Also got Obertan to go on the wing.... so even with another 4 midfielders out, it's not all doom. We coped with 12 defenders missing for 3 months after all.

Unless someone pretends they are Bremner/Leeds c1973 and deliberately take out all United's players....

Unread 25-02-2010, 11:56 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Maybe Rodrigo may get a chance on the bench at least?
I guess lack of options could lead to that, but do you think he's good enough? He's always struck me as being a nice passer of the ball, but not much else. The fact that he made no impact whatsoever at Braga, for whatever reason, doesn't bode well either. That looked a perfect set-up for him: very well run club, ever-improving side and a positive environment for a player learning his trade. Word seems to be that he saw his arse early on because they didn't rate him particularly highly.

Unread 25-02-2010, 12:02 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Koppas? Log out
£#%&!! What can I say?

Unread 25-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Baron

Any reason why Giggs wont be able to play with a cast? Physioroom.com has him back April, so I'm assuming it's genuinely broken as opposed to a slight fracture?

Midfield 3 of Scholes, Gibson & Fletcher... hmm. If Carrick couldn't get anywhere near them I don't hold out a great deal of hope that Gibson will. I'd be half tempted to play Park in the centre & get him to man mark whoever they consider to be most dangerous. Was a surprise the way they set out last time in all honesty with Beckham inside as opposed to Seedorf, don't expect the same next time.

Unread 25-02-2010, 12:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
I guess lack of options could lead to that, but do you think he's good enough? He's always struck me as being a nice passer of the ball, but not much else. The fact that he made no impact whatsoever at Braga, for whatever reason, doesn't bode well either. That looked a perfect set-up for him: very well run club, ever-improving side and a positive environment for a player learning his trade. Word seems to be that he saw his arse early on because they didn't rate him particularly highly.
I like his composure on the ball and his range of passing, has good movement too, I remain to be convinced on whether or not he'll make it for United, a few appearances in the 1st team might help though.

Weird one the whole Braga thing, comes out of it looking like he has a bit of an attitude problem tbh.

Unread 25-02-2010, 12:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Any reason why Giggs wont be able to play with a cast? Physioroom.com has him back April, so I'm assuming it's genuinely broken as opposed to a slight fracture?

Midfield 3 of Scholes, Gibson & Fletcher... hmm. If Carrick couldn't get anywhere near them I don't hold out a great deal of hope that Gibson will. I'd be half tempted to play Park in the centre & get him to man mark whoever they consider to be most dangerous. Was a surprise the way they set out last time in all honesty with Beckham inside as opposed to Seedorf, don't expect the same next time.
Seedorf had been injured though and was just on his way back, probably not fit enough to start, hard to imagine him not starting at OT.

Unread 25-02-2010, 12:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I like his composure on the ball and his range of passing, has good movement too, I remain to be convinced on whether or not he'll make it for United, a few appearances in the 1st team might help though.

Weird one the whole Braga thing, comes out of it looking like he has a bit of an attitude problem tbh.
Perhaps he arrived thinking, having come from United, he was just going to walk into the team. But midfield is probably Braga's strongest area so it was never likely to be that simple. Shame that he didn't stay until the end of the season and stick it out. Beats playing reserve team football, surely.

Unread 25-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Sloane

Unread 25-02-2010, 12:16 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:

Sir Alex Ferguson has raised the possibility of Ryan Giggs being available for the Champions League tie with AC Milan next month.

Giggs fractured his arm during the recent Premier League encounter with Aston Villa.

At the time it was thought the veteran Welshman would be out of action for four weeks, and probably slightly longer.

But, while Giggs did miss the first leg against Milan at the San Siro and will also be consigned to the stands for Sunday's Carling Cup final, Ferguson has delivered an upbeat summary of the wide-man's recovery so far.

"Ryan still has the injury to the arm," said Ferguson.

"But we are taking the plate out at the end of the week and he will be in full training after that, which is good news."

Unread 25-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs

fletcher, scholes, nani, valencia, park....

rooney..

i'm guessing, very suprised should if he started.
Is Fabio fit ?

You could either put him left back and push Pat to left of midfield or play Fabio on the left.

Unread 25-02-2010, 12:17 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
Jesus he looks mental like Dexter in that pic.

Unread 25-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Sir Alex Ferguson has raised the possibility of Ryan Giggs being available for the Champions League tie with AC Milan next month.

Giggs fractured his arm during the recent Premier League encounter with Aston Villa.

At the time it was thought the veteran Welshman would be out of action for four weeks, and probably slightly longer.

But, while Giggs did miss the first leg against Milan at the San Siro and will also be consigned to the stands for Sunday's Carling Cup final, Ferguson has delivered an upbeat summary of the wide-man's recovery so far.

"Ryan still has the injury to the arm," said Ferguson.

"But we are taking the plate out at the end of the week and he will be in full training after that, which is good news."

Unread 25-02-2010, 12:19 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Agreed.

Unread 25-02-2010, 12:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Perhaps he arrived thinking, having come from United, he was just going to walk into the team. But midfield is probably Braga's strongest area so it was never likely to be that simple. Shame that he didn't stay until the end of the season and stick it out. Beats playing reserve team football, surely.
You would think, but if he wasn't playing for the 1st team, what football was he going to get? Do they have reserves in Portugal?

Unread 25-02-2010, 12:44 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
You would think, but if he wasn't playing for the 1st team, what football was he going to get? Do they have reserves in Portugal?
He's not looked the same player since the injury he got against Boro.

Watching him in the reserves, he seems to avoid any physical contact which is a shame because he did look to have a chance.

Unread 25-02-2010, 01:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
He's not looked the same player since the injury he got against Boro.

Watching him in the reserves, he seems to avoid any physical contact which is a shame because he did look to have a chance.
True, he looked alright, what I saw anyway, last time out against Everton (?).

Unread 25-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Is Fabio fit ?

You could either put him left back and push Pat to left of midfield or play Fabio on the left.
No way. That always ends in tears.

Unread 25-02-2010, 03:14 PM
borsuk

nani left and park irritating the £#%&! out of pirlo, or berbatov in with valencia, scholes, fletcher and park behind.
Closed Thread