United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-01-2017, 10:30 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
£#%&! me there are some right scouse types on here, offended by anything and everything. The points that Ziggy has made are fair enough IMO. It has nothing to do with being anti disabled or taking the piss out of the unfortunate or thinking that they are not deserving of a seat in the ground.

FWIW my niece is wheelchair bound and goes home and away supporting Crystal Palace
She refuses to sit in the disabled section at home matches and where she can get away with it she will sit with the able bodied supporters for away games too. My brother has to carry his 17 year old daughter up flights of stairs at Selhurst Park so she gets the full experience she wants.
She loves being in the middle of the atmosphere generated by the able bodied supporters and thinks the disabled\wheelchair sections have no atmosphere.......her words not mine before the PC brigade start crying.

Lets be honest that design being proposed looks shite, it will kill any atmosphere that is still in K Stand. Instead why cant they take one or two rows of seats out along the front of the SAF and Main Stands and convert them to a wheelchair and carer seating? It would have little impact if any on the atmosphere. The disabled supporters would then not feel so segregated and part of the crowd and they have less chance of being leathered in the head with the ball. Being behind the goal is not the most practical solution for someone that can barely move.
Depends if Rooney is playing

Unread 24-01-2017, 10:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
£#%&! me there are some right scouse types on here, offended by anything and everything. The points that Ziggy has made are fair enough IMO. It has nothing to do with being anti disabled or taking the piss out of the unfortunate or thinking that they are not deserving of a seat in the ground.

FWIW my niece is wheelchair bound and goes home and away supporting Crystal Palace
She refuses to sit in the disabled section at home matches and where she can get away with it she will sit with the able bodied supporters for away games too. My brother has to carry his 17 year old daughter up flights of stairs at Selhurst Park so she gets the full experience she wants.
She loves being in the middle of the atmosphere generated by the able bodied supporters and thinks the disabled\wheelchair sections have no atmosphere.......her words not mine before the PC brigade start crying.

Lets be honest that design being proposed looks shite, it will kill any atmosphere that is still in K Stand. Instead why cant they take one or two rows of seats out along the front of the SAF and Main Stands and convert them to a wheelchair and carer seating? It would have little impact if any on the atmosphere. The disabled supporters would then not feel so segregated and part of the crowd and they have less chance of being leathered in the head with the ball. Being behind the goal is not the most practical solution for someone that can barely move.
They're not going to start turfing people out of the most expensive seats in the house to make room for disabled fans ffs. That's where all their corporate pals will be sitting.

And as someone pointed out, a lot of disabled fans can't move their heads from side to side like you and i can. So a view from behind the goal or in the corner is probably best for them.

Let's try showing a bit of compassion for people who are probably having a tough life eh lads?

Unread 24-01-2017, 10:35 PM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:

post of thread.

Speaking for atmosphere only, South stand would appear to make more sense.

Unread 24-01-2017, 10:37 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They're not going to start turfing people out of the most expensive seats in the house to make room for disabled fans ffs. That's where all their corporate pals will be sitting.

And as someone pointed out, a lot of disabled fans can't move their heads from side to side like you and i can. So a view from behind the goal or in the corner is probably best for them.

Let's try showing a bit of compassion for people who are probably having a tough life eh lads?
£#%&! compassion....apparently people who think it's ok after a 2 year investigation by the top Governing bodies are the 'always offended'

The people who are being asked to move are also being finically compensated...(bit scouse)

In truth it's very good of united to accommodate all...

Unread 24-01-2017, 10:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

yeah well as someone has already said why are they using north then?

Unread 24-01-2017, 10:42 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
post of thread.

But you've already got media, dugouts, directors box there in the smallest of the 4 stands. The plans may not help the atmosphere but until safe standing is introduced there will always be the issue of noise levels.

Unread 24-01-2017, 10:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

31 & 72 obviously.

Unread 24-01-2017, 10:49 PM
Knockers

Quote:
post of thread.

Dunno if this is relevant to the thread but I'm astonished people pay so much money to sit in the South stand. My in-laws do it and whenever I've had their tickets I've been suicidal. It doesn't even feel like you're at the match.

Unread 24-01-2017, 10:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Dunno if this is relevant to the thread but I'm astonished people pay so much money to sit in the South stand. My in-laws do it and whenever I've had their tickets I've been suicidal. It doesn't even feel like you're at the match.
that's because for most people in the south stand, what's going on infront of them on the pitch is incidental.

I sat there for a season once in 2004/5. Statto from fantasy football used to sit in the same block as me and there was a guy behind me who had a watch that was worth more than my house. There was a game v Crystal Palace where we won 5-2 I think and he spent the entire game chatting to the bloke next to him about foreign investment accounts.

It's full of a mixture of really old time reds who've been coming since the 50s & 60s and corporate account types who are there to show off to clients.

The reason it costs so much is because it's the best seats in the house.

Unread 24-01-2017, 10:59 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:

As far as I am aware corporate seats are not situated in the first two rows of the main and SAF stand.

Alternatively leave the existing wheelchair section as is and only expand as per my suggestion. Not everyone in a wheelchair is unable to not move their head and neck.

Unread 24-01-2017, 11:01 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
its shite other than a solid view of the match. It's more for the 'casual' supporter imo.

Unread 24-01-2017, 11:10 PM
Knockers

Quote:
its shite other than a solid view of the match. It's more for the 'casual' supporter imo.
Just full of silent old people. The Stretty is like Studio 54 in comparison. To each their own though I suppose. Moaning about 'atmosphere' is ridiculous beyond belief. That world ended so long ago now and is never ever coming back.

Unread 24-01-2017, 11:24 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Crips and bloods are based in LA
http://www.streetgangs.com/cities/ne....A2Ea0l6Y.dpbs

Step off, bitch

Unread 24-01-2017, 11:47 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
looks like we will be moving back to the Stretty...can't wait

at least it will be lower and not Tier 2

still not happy at the way it's been handled though
Yea, us too. He asked me for 3 options I said Stretty lower, J stand or Stretty tier 2.
Said he'll contact me next week with some news as to how it's coming along.

Unread 24-01-2017, 11:54 PM
dragflick

United doing a great job tbf. Getting rid of k stand and exec area right in the middle of the stretty. Brilliant stuff.

Unread 24-01-2017, 11:55 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Yea, us too. He asked me for 3 options I said Stretty lower, J stand or Stretty tier 2.
Said he'll contact me next week with some news as to how it's coming along.
Get in J with me. Can give you my seat details if you want. see if you can be moved next to me

Unread 24-01-2017, 11:55 PM
irk

Quote:

It sounds like a good idea but it's got no legs.

Unread 25-01-2017, 12:19 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
It sounds like a good idea but it's got no legs.
The bad jokes thread is over there, pal

Unread 25-01-2017, 12:46 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Get in J with me. Can give you my seat details if you want. see if you can be moved next to me
"j stand hitlers hissing..."

Kurt, 1995

Unread 25-01-2017, 12:49 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Don't pal, it's a trap.

Tried to have his missus sweet talk me earlier.... I saw through it.
Closed Thread