United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs up Let's pretend that Ferguson's strategy over the past few games has been spot on

Oh hang on a minute, we're top of the league, in the final, and £#%&!ing cruising.

Unread 30-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Coracao

Far from cruising, but in a great position.

Unread 30-04-2008, 06:18 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
we're cruising on a full tank of fuel. we just had to stop for water.

Unread 30-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
we're cruising.

3 games left spread over 3 weeks

great squad, virtually fully fit - or soon will be by all accounts

cruising i tell thee

Unread 30-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
we're cruising.

3 games left spread over 3 weeks

great squad, virtually fully fit - or soon will be by all accounts

cruising i tell thee
If we weren't playing West Ham, i'd agree.

They will play like their lives depend on it. I just hope we can get an early goal.

Unread 30-04-2008, 06:27 PM
wonky no

Quote:
If we weren't playing West Ham, i'd agree.

They will play like their lives depend on it. I just hope we can get an early goal.
we'll batter the @#%&!s, i've never been more confident. two reasons, one is the atmos around OT must be great after last night and the second reason is every @#%&! will be trying to get in the 11 in moscow.

fergie is going to have to box clever with his selections though.

Unread 30-04-2008, 06:29 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
That is a funny sentence.

Unread 30-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
and pure needed a pasty.

Unread 30-04-2008, 06:57 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
and pure needed a pasty.
Wum.

Unread 30-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Oh hang on a minute, we're top of the league, in the final, and £#%&!ing cruising.
Let's look at this strategy eh? We've lost a 5 point gap at the top of the league which means we have to win both of our last games to win the league, we have been beaten by our nearest rivals who we may yet face in Moscow, giving them confidence should they play us and we've barely got past the shittest Barcelona team we are likely to see in our lifetimes. We beat Barca 1-0 and they had most of the possession. Enjoy the sutuation we are in but don't try and rewrite history.

Unread 30-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Let's look at this strategy eh? We've lost a 5 point gap at the top of the league which means we have to win both of our last games to win the league, we have been beaten by our nearest rivals who we may yet face in Moscow, giving them confidence should they play us and we've barely got past the shittest Barcelona team we are likely to see in our lifetimes. We beat Barca 1-0 and they had most of the possession. Enjoy the sutuation we are in but don't try and rewrite history.
I'm talking about the strategy, not the individual results.

You say we've lost a 5pt lead, I say we've made the most of a 5pt buffer.

You say Barcelona were shit and we only just beat them, I say we had some top class performances and won the tie.

You say I'm rewriting history, I say I've been saying this for a week or more already - since pre-Blackburn away, and especially since the Tevez goal.

If you want to talk about the small details that have decided our last 5 or 6 results - probably most of the games we've ever played - then that'll be best done on a separate thread. For now let's just say we've earned that 'good fortune' with the Scholes trip on Messi last night. And some.

Unread 30-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
I have to agree with that, we should have been going into the barca game as champions and with an away goal in our back pockets. It was a very nervy game, we got away with it this time but we've done the same thing in the past and it's cost us more than it's paid us.

I give fergie credit for getting us where we are, but he almost undid a seasons worth of hard work with his tinkering, what should have been a very straight forward run-in was/has been made a fair bit more tricky than it needed to be.

Unread 30-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Tumescent Throb

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
I have to agree with that, we should have been going into the barca game as champions and with an away goal in our back pockets. It was a very nervy game, we got away with it this time but we've done the same thing in the past and it's cost us more than it's paid us.

I give fergie credit for getting us where we are, but he almost undid a seasons worth of hard work with his tinkering, what should have been a very straight forward run-in was/has been made a fair bit more tricky than it needed to be.
than it needed to be

you can't press reset if the other team keep the ball or score a goal you cretin

Unread 30-04-2008, 07:44 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
That's not even a good try.

Unread 30-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
I'm talking about the strategy, not the individual results.

You say we've lost a 5pt lead, I say we've made the most of a 5pt buffer.

You say Barcelona were shit and we only just beat them, I say we had some top class performances and won the tie.

You say I'm rewriting history, I say I've been saying this for a week or more already - since pre-Blackburn away, and especially since the Tevez goal.

If you want to talk about the small details that have decided our last 5 or 6 results - probably most of the games we've ever played - then that'll be best done on a separate thread. For now let's just say we've earned that 'good fortune' with the Scholes trip on Messi last night. And some.
We didn't really make the most of a 5 point buffer did we? We lost it as quick as we could (2 games). We actually made the least out of it and we stumbled across the finishing line in the EC to get to the final, I hope we can do the same in the league.

If we lose to West Ham, will you say that Fergie's doing it to keep things interesting? You're like United's Peter Mandelson.

Unread 30-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
We didn't really make the most of a 5 point buffer did we? We lost it as quick as we could (2 games). We actually made the least out of it and we stumbled across the finishing line in the EC to get to the final, I hope we can do the same in the league.

If we lose to West Ham, will you say that Fergie's doing it to keep things interesting? You're like United's Peter Mandelson.
Stop trying to play with words ffs, you're shit at it

We made absolutely full use of the 5pt buffer we built up

Unread 30-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Stop trying to play with words ffs, you're shit at it

We made absolutely full use of the 5pt buffer we built up

Re the first point, OK Shakespeare. Re the 2nd point, how?

Unread 30-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

Re the first point, OK Shakespeare. Re the 2nd point, how?
take a look at the league table and our fixture list

tbh i'm a bit surprised that you're in the dark about all this

Unread 30-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
take a look at the league table and our fixture list

tbh i'm a bit surprised that you're in the dark about all this
I've been keeping an eye on the league table for the entire season. I'm aware of what our lead has been and what it is now. This doesn't explain how we've made the most of our 5 point lead. We didn't have it long you know, the way you're talking you'd think Chelsea became our biggest threat, we pulled away from them and it got us over the line. Hopefully we'll make it but we haven't yet and we're closer to Chelsea than we have been at any stage of the season.

Unread 30-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Rhodzy

It would be amazing for two teams to bottle it in the league this season.
Closed Thread