United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-02-2018, 10:03 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOD
Maybe fergie could see he wasn't made for a two man midfield.
Whereas rafael, park etc were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Mourinho blowing with the wind too?
No he’s managing him.

Quote:
leaves him out of CL knockout ties in preference for Scott The Scottish Player.
I thought you’d admire that. Mourinho giving youth a chance and trusting a young player in a big game. Nope, guess not. It’s a negative where mourinho is concerned.

Quote:
If he gets his chance this Sunday he needs to prove a point.
Which is the response I’d imagine mourinho is looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Only mourinho can £#%&! up players with such talent. Look what he did to hazard.
Won a title and was one of, if not the, player of the season?

Unread 24-02-2018, 10:24 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Reflects the state of United imo
Nothing up top and clutching at straws?

@#%&! btw

Unread 24-02-2018, 10:34 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Unhappy

duffman nails it. hasn't got the work ethic.

Unread 24-02-2018, 10:52 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Mourinho blowing with the wind too? Given he spent £90m on him and now leaves him out of CL knockout ties in preference for Scott The Scottish Player. The Pogba issue is quite a real one. He's 25 next month. If he gets his chance this Sunday he needs to prove a point.
This. The idea the forum is talking this up is ridiculous. He was subbed and dropped FFS. No question the ABUs want Pogba to fail - nothing new there with any big signing we make.

What do l want from a United midfielder with that level of reputation? A player capable of turning in performances like Keane's in the 2nd leg of the CL in Turin.

Unread 24-02-2018, 11:37 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
f***ing hell, a few months ago he was the cornerstone of the team. Now he’s shit
yes but that's because his form has declined alarmingly (not that it's ever been that good since he came back to the Club)

Also, he was only the cornerstone of the team in hope rather than expectation.

I genuinely like him & am desperate for him to do well but I just haven't seen anything about him that makes me think we've got a genuine talent on our hands.
Yes, there'll be the occasional flash of quality here & there but I'm struggling to recall anything even bordering on memorable or significant.

The fears over his lack of footballing brain are bang-on.

Such a £#%&!ing disappointment tbh.

Unread 24-02-2018, 11:38 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Nothing up top and clutching at straws?

@#%&! btw

Unread 24-02-2018, 11:41 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Strange lie
Lol! Which bit Li?

Unread 24-02-2018, 11:47 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Lol! Which bit Li?

£#%&!ing around lad.

Unread 24-02-2018, 11:52 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

£#%&!ing around lad.

You’re flying atm lad...shoe-in surely etc...

Unread 24-02-2018, 11:53 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
yes but that's because his form has declined alarmingly (not that it's ever been that good since he came back to the Club)

I genuinely like him & am desperate for him to do well but I just haven't seen anything about him that makes me think we've got a genuine talent on our hands.
Yes, there'll be the occasional flash of quality here & there but I'm struggling to recall anything even bordering on memorable or significant.

Such a f***ing disappointment tbh.
Sage.

Unread 24-02-2018, 12:32 PM
ZiggyStardust

Not sure why some of you are getting so defensive about Carragher and Duff’s comments
Let’s be honest they’re true
They’re not saying he isn’t a great talent but instead are pointing out the flaws that mean that talent hasn’t transformed him into a great player

It’s not because Jose dropped him that some of us are pointing out these flaws in his game
How often last season did we complain about Pogba’s performances against any of the good sides we played

Despite these flaws he can still be a huge asset to the team however we’ll have to compensate for them which is why he’s not a great midfielder player

Unread 24-02-2018, 12:37 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

Such a £#%&!ing disappointment tbh.
Harsh but fair

Unread 24-02-2018, 12:52 PM
Neo

You know it's bad when I've taken him out of my Fantasy Football team today.

Hopefully he proves me wrong and can return to my starting XI in the coming weeks. #PogBack

Unread 24-02-2018, 01:51 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Not sure why some of you are getting so defensive about Carragher and Duff’s comments
Let’s be honest they’re true
They’re not saying he isn’t a great talent but instead are pointing out the flaws that mean that talent hasn’t transformed him into a great player

It’s not because Jose dropped him that some of us are pointing out these flaws in his game
How often last season did we complain about Pogba’s performances against any of the good sides we played

Despite these flaws he can still be a huge asset to the team however we’ll have to compensate for them which is why he’s not a great midfielder player
Yes, but mourinho is being criticised for trying to get pogba to correct the stuff duff pointed out above and dropping him as a part of that, rather than indulging him and building the rest of the team around his weaknesses. They’re not really that difficult a weakness to correct if the will was there from the player. It’s pretty basic stuff.

Unread 24-02-2018, 02:06 PM
RemisMoses

So we are all allowed opinions but someone who’s actually played the game at the highest level isn’t.
pogba has got world class ability but isn’t world class you can’t really argue with it.

Unread 24-02-2018, 02:07 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Yes, but mourinho is being criticised for trying to get pogba to correct the stuff duff pointed out above and dropping him as a part of that, rather than indulging him and building the rest of the team around his weaknesses. They’re not really that difficult a weakness to correct if the will was there from the player. It’s pretty basic stuff.
Bit strange he’s doing it now over a year and half after Pogba joined the club given he’s been showing these same flaws all that time
Not sure why he signed him to play this role as it’s always been very much in doubt that Pogba would ever have the mind to play that role properly

Don’t think it’s easy to correct at all
Requires a player to have a good understanding of the game in the first place which I’m really not sure Pogba has and if you don’t have it by your mid 20s then you’ll never have it

Unread 24-02-2018, 02:14 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
This. The idea the forum is talking this up is ridiculous. He was subbed and dropped FFS. No question the ABUs want Pogba to fail - nothing new there with any big signing we make.

What do l want from a United midfielder with that level of reputation? A player capable of turning in performances like Keane's in the 2nd leg of the CL in Turin.
At the moment I’d settle for one dominant motm performance against anyone even half decent.

Unread 24-02-2018, 02:15 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Bit strange he’s doing it now over a year and half after Pogba joined the club given he’s been showing these same flaws all that time
I imagine he’s been trying to do it for a while. Hence it coming to a head.

Quote:
Not sure why he signed him to play this role as it’s always been very much in doubt that Pogba would ever have the mind to play that role properly
What role? Looking around at where your opposite number is? Duff was also criticising him in an attacking sense.

Quote:
Don’t think it’s easy to correct at all
Requires a player to have a good understanding of the game in the first place which I’m really not sure Pogba has and if you don’t have it by your mid 20s then you’ll never have it
Look around, be aware, don’t daydream? Pallister had the same issues for his first few seasons after signing. We’ve had loads of players have to adapt and add to their game after joining us. Andy Cole being one. Give him a different attitude to that and he wouldn’t have lasted or became the player he did.

It’s not difficult if the player is willing to work at it. Pogba is resistant, as demonstrated by his touchline argument with mourinho prior to being dropped. There’s no point mourinho doing this if it’s not possible and I’d take mourinho judgment on the matter over ours given we are operating in the dark.

Unread 24-02-2018, 02:39 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
At the moment I’d settle for one dominant motm performance against anyone even half decent.
Agreed. If he starts tomorrow he can make a statement. But he needs to be able to reach that level soon.

Unread 24-02-2018, 02:43 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Agreed. If he starts tomorrow he can make a statement. But he needs to be able to reach that level soon.
Yep, because he normally puts in a shift against Chelsea...

Quote:
Pogba made just two tackles in the entire game and lost possession a staggering 21 times, more than any other player on the pitch.

Closed Thread