United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-03-2009, 01:02 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether

Usually gets a 'son' in there too.
There's not much working upstairs really. He's a boring @#%&! tbh, hates United and chats shit. A lot.

Does he have a login for RIM?

Unread 12-03-2009, 01:03 AM
Coracao

So...are we bumping the Zlatan thread again this time next year?

And tbh, who £#%&!ing cares what Italian side he scores against? He fails time and time again against credible opposition. Had Zlatan accomplished what he has in Serie A 10 years ago, he'd be given a little more respect. However, he is scoring goals against shite, in a relatively weak division.

Unread 12-03-2009, 01:04 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I dunno. I thought after the first fifteen minutes Inter gave a good account of themselves. We scored at crucial times, but I'm not sure the 2-0 scoreline didn't flatter us a little in the end. Mourinho dropped a major clanger with the Vieira selection, though. I think he thought his experience of English sides and the Old Trafford atmosphere would help, but on reflection it was a poor decision to include him, especially given how little football he's played.
I thought we got lucky tonight, could have easily gone out, but I thought Inter looked 'good' 'cos we played into their hands and were woeful tbh. Whenever we upped the tempo and had a good period they couldn't live with us. They lack creativity and pace big time. Cambiasso is £#%&!ing superb, though.

Unread 12-03-2009, 01:04 AM
Chorlton74

henrik larsson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> zlat.

sorry but imahibrovic is 21st century Sean Dundee for me.

Unread 12-03-2009, 01:05 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
I dunno. I thought after the first fifteen minutes Inter gave a good account of themselves. We scored at crucial times, but I'm not sure the 2-0 scoreline didn't flatter us a little in the end. Mourinho dropped a major clanger with the Vieira selection, though. I think he thought his experience of English sides and the Old Trafford atmosphere would help, but on reflection it was a poor decision to include him, especially given how little football he's played.
Don't think it flattered us tbh. Over the two legs thought we were the better side and despite underperforming tonight in most areas of the pitch thought we shaded it. They did miss two very good chances and were unlucky when the Adriano effort hit the post.

Scholes and Carrick combo doesn't work for me. Not now anyway. Both far too deep - both too slow as well. Cambiasso and Giggs were the picks from the two sides tonight, although I thought Vidic had another good game.

Unread 12-03-2009, 01:06 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether

Usually gets a 'son' in there too.
He's a £#%&!ing pleb, isn't he?

Proper cliche ridden these days and I think he has ran out of ideas if you could call it that. Think Sky may need to have a revamp of the commentary soon. I noticed they tried it with Ian Darke about a year ago didn't they?

You have Gray telling stories and 'meaning' things, and Tyler stating the obvious;

"There's a nervousness about United tonight"

"If they concede it could get edgey here"

No shit Martin, it's the CL, last 16, and the away goals rule a part of it.

Unread 12-03-2009, 01:08 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I thought we got lucky tonight, could have easily gone out, but I thought Inter looked 'good' 'cos we played into their hands and were woeful tbh. Whenever we upped the tempo and had a good period they couldn't live with us. They lack creativity and pace big time. Cambiasso is £#%&!ing superb, though.
I agree that we encouraged them with some slack passing, but they did produce some nice pieces of play. Zlatan's ball to the back post for the Stankovic chance and Balotelli's first-time throughball to send Ibra through being good examples of superb build-up play, as was Cambiasso's picking out of Adriano for the effort against the post. They really did carve out some excellent opportunities on the night.

Pace, particularly in wide areas, was an issue Mourinho tried to address with the Mancini and Quaresma signings last summer, but neither worked out.

Unread 12-03-2009, 01:10 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
I agree that we encouraged them with some slack passing, but they did produce some nice pieces of play. Zlatan's ball to the back post for the Stankovic chance and Balotelli's first-time throughball to send Ibra through being good examples of superb build-up play, as was Cambiasso's picking out of Adriano for the effort against the post. They really did carve out some excellent opportunities on the night.

Pace, particularly in wide areas, was an issue Mourinho tried to address with the Mancini and Quaresma signings last summer, but neither worked out.
Yep, they did create a couple of good chances, people seem to be forgetting United's chances though when discussing the game. O' Shea's and Berbatov's were better chances than any chances Inter created imo.

marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
So...are we bumping the Zlatan thread again this time next year?

not really. only idiots can watch a player like him and not rate him..

Quote:
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson admits he's great admirer of Inter Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

"Without question, Ibrahimovic is their star player," said Ferguson.

"I have watched him for many years now. He has developed and is at an age now where you expect a bit of maturity. He is getting all the praise he deserves."

Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
after we got the first goal we dropped a gear and let them have a sniff. thankfully saf saw it my way and pushed them on a bit in the 2nd. still not as good a performance as i was expecting- a bit reserved- thought they were there for a hammering if we pressed on. then again they might have equalised if we did that.

great result, in the quarters, that's all that matters
indeedy. only dissapointing thing for me is we didn't show the authority a team that is english, european and world champions ought to after going a goal up at home. i don't care who it's against. seemed strange that the players still seemed reserved; i don't mean a 90 minute swagger but just control and real belief. didn't seem to really have it tonight imo

Unread 12-03-2009, 01:11 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I rate him in terms of having talent. He just doesn't deserve the status you give him tbh. I'm sure a lot of people feel like that. Of course he is has brilliant ability, actually doing it effectively is another thing though.

Unread 12-03-2009, 01:14 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Big game. Did £#%&! all again.

Please bump his thread again next year.

Quote:

Didn't understand the 1st half tactics, far too much space on our left hand side. Strange to say the least. I expected Rooney to play out there, but didn't happen until the very end of the 1st half.

Camel

Quote:
he was £#%&!ing dogshite. even arsene knew he was past it a couple of years ago. he tried to protect his back four but when they needed a goal he made a posetive substitution and bought muntari on. one of jose's greatest traits is to his proactive nature in the use of subs.

magic_cantona

Talking

He's never scored in the knockout stages of the European Cup, not scored against any of the top 4 sides in Serie A this season (which is a very poor league and has been for years), has a world wide reputation for not showing in big games, has just put in 2 piss poor peformances against us but only 'idiots' can't see that he's world class.

Unread 12-03-2009, 01:15 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Don't think it flattered us tbh. Over the two legs thought we were the better side and despite underperforming tonight in most areas of the pitch thought we shaded it. They did miss two very good chances and were unlucky when the Adriano effort hit the post.
Yeah, United certainly deserved it over the two legs. I just think there wasn't much in tonight's game.

Unread 12-03-2009, 01:17 AM
marlo

Quote:
I rate him in terms of having talent. He just doesn't deserve the status you give him tbh. I'm sure a lot of people feel like that. Of course he is has brilliant ability, actually doing it effectively is another thing though.
he does it in his league. how many players have put in good shifts against us or liverpool which you are obviously judging him on.

his managers rate him, he is rated in the country he plays his league football in, rated by european coaches (cq especially) and is the main man behind what looks like another inter milan league title.

so he played 'ok' against the european champions and then poorly against the team who put everyone team in europe to the sword last season. still a brilliant player.

players from other leagues are good you know.
do you think the italians are thinking 'that berbatov is brilliant, never saw any spurs games but today really showed me why united paids 31m for him'

exactly.

Unread 12-03-2009, 01:17 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
To be fair, Marlo only rates him to the same degree a lot of people on here rate Berbatov - a player who also has very little, perhaps even less, big-game pedigree.

Unread 12-03-2009, 01:22 AM
Crumps

Youtube/Highlights player and nowt more imo. Good on PES though.

Propah conk.

Whalefish

Quote:
To be fair, Marlo only rates him to the same degree a lot of people on here rate Berbatov - a player who also has very little, perhaps even less, big-game pedigree.
Bar a handful of posters on here I don't think there's many who rate Berbatov that highly.

Verdict's still out in the main, and rightly so.

Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
I think he thought his experience of English sides and the Old Trafford atmosphere would help, but on reflection it was a poor decision to include him, especially given how little football he's played.
i said exactly the same to the inter fan who was sat next to me in the boozer tonight, as he was utterly bemused at viera's inclusion.

at half time he said to me they were having to play us with ten men.

as for ibrahimavic- i think it's all been said now. and andy gray for once is pretty much spot on. as is marlo, the bloke has clearly got incredible talent. just hasn't got it upstairs. which essentially renders his talent - in big matches at least - kind of irrelevant. for some reason, marlo doesn't see this as a particularly important part of what makes a great player but clearly it is.

he's going in the bracket just above peter ndlovu for me
Closed Thread