United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:48 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Berbs isn't rated by loads of European coaches though, is he?

Zlatan shows glimpses' of his ability but never does it consistently, and pretty much never does it in big games. Not good enough to warrant any type of hype of a 'world class' player imo. Needs to do far more to fulfil his potential.
big games or just the ones against english opposition that you happen to watch?

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
how many other good attacking players does he have around him?

-he was a handful today and there is just so much you can do playing against rio and vidic and being the main attacking threat.

anyone who knows their football can see a quality player there.
his control, strength, ability to find space and the balls he puts through.(flick to stankovic for that shot was brilliant and the through ball also)

messi played against us last year and was similarly ordinary. only a fool would say 'he is shit because of that'

on the otherhand. how do you think europe would judge mr flicks after his shift tonight?
not many, but that's besides the point, he had a few chances and £#%&!ed every single one of them up. the header into the ground that beat vds and hit the bar was his best

agree re playing against the best defensive partnership. but by the same logic he has nothing to lose. still poor when he did get the chance tto get the odd shot off.

messi was far from ordinary when he played us last year.

agree berbie had a quiet night too. not great in the first leg either. took up some fantastic positions tho. if only jos had decided to square it instead of trying to lift it over cesar.

rooney was dissapointing in an attacking sense too. i felt he'd could've been our biggest threat tonight. if only park had started.

anderson struggled to make an impact, too when he replaced scholes. after we got the first goal we dropped a gear and let them have a sniff. thankfully saf saw it my way and pushed them on a bit in the 2nd. still not as good a performance as i was expecting- a bit reserved- thought they were there for a hammering if we pressed on. then again they might have equalised if we did that.

great result, in the quarters, that's all that matters

Arnold Muhren

He is a threat but thats it, he doesnt seem anything special and he didn't look like he wanted it neither. And as for that fat @#%&! Adriano.... I've seen 10 pints a night 40 yr old pub team subs in better shape. Serie A must be £#%&!ing £#%&! if that lot are strolling it.

wiganste

The bottom line is - Berbs is in the European Cup quarter finals (again) Zlatan is not (again)

sullers

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
What did he say?
Basically who it's 50/50 with him. Shows glimpses of class but never performs on the big stage - including against the other top sides in Seria A, which he hasn't scored against.

I think he was just saying he has potential, but he's too hit'n'miss.

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:50 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
big games or just the ones against english opposition that you happen to watch?
Big games.

Wasn't a stat read out tonight that he hasn't scored against any of the 'top' Italian teams this season?

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Whalefish

As has been mentioned time and again by many folk this season, most of Utd's forwards have underperformed. Christ knows why. Forum faves have all turned in some abysmal shifts.

Yet we're still in the hunt for a bunch of trophies. In spite of it all. Who'd a £#%&!ing thunk it.

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Big games.

Wasn't a stat read out tonight that he hasn't scored against any of the 'top' Italian teams this season?
Yes. Never that bothered with things like that though. It's not stopped Inter being 7 clear in their league.

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
What did he say?
That great players have better records in the big CL games. Not just scoring records, but winning records. That it's not a question of ability with him, more mental atitude and desire. He was particularly scathing after that chance Whaley mentioned, when it was him against Evra at the back post.

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:55 AM
MUFC One Love

Agree with the posts about him 'not wanting it' enough. Inter look a bit mixed up to me, no real shape or system. The Italian league really must be £#%&!.

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:56 AM
Ether

Quote:
Big games.

Not sure that's true, I saw him score twice at Roma earlier in the season

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:56 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Big games.

Yep, and it was entirely incorrect. He scored twice at the Olimpico against Roma.

Edit - beaten to it

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:58 AM
wiganste

Holders United head through to quarter-finals
National leagues : Serie A
Team Pld Pts

1 FC Internazionale Milano 27 63
2 Juventus 27 56
3 AC Milan 27 51
4 ACF Fiorentina 27 46
5 AS Roma 27 45
6 Genoa Cricket and Football Club 27 45
7 S.S. Lazio 27 41
8 Cagliari Calcio 27 39
9 US Cittą di Palermo 27 39
10 Atalanta BC 27 36
11 Udinese Calcio 27 35
12 SSC Napoli 27 35
13 Calcio Catania 27 33
14 UC Sampdoria 27 32
15 AC Siena 27 31
16 Bologna FC 27 26
17 Torino FC 27 24
18 AC Chievo Verona 27 24
19 US Lecce 27 23
20 Reggina Calcio

They were, until recently, hovering around 10th/11th for a while. They must have had a little run.

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:58 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I see Andy Gray is talking %@#$&!s then.

Speaking of Gray, what's with this thing he does now "And I mean that".

What the £#%&! is he on about the #@&%!? We didn't think you was lieing Andy. Or his 'storytelling';

"He says 'go on, head that in'"

"He replys 'I will, thank you very much'"

Weirdo.

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:59 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
scored 4 against them this season.

but let the football experts tell us more about zlatan.

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:59 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Holders United head through to quarter-finals
National leagues : Serie A
Team Pld Pts

1 FC Internazionale Milano 27 63
2 Juventus 27 56
3 AC Milan 27 51
4 ACF Fiorentina 27 46
5 AS Roma 27 45
6 Genoa Cricket and Football Club 27 45
7 S.S. Lazio 27 41
8 Cagliari Calcio 27 39
9 US Cittą di Palermo 27 39
10 Atalanta BC 27 36
11 Udinese Calcio 27 35
12 SSC Napoli 27 35
13 Calcio Catania 27 33
14 UC Sampdoria 27 32
15 AC Siena 27 31
16 Bologna FC 27 26
17 Torino FC 27 24
18 AC Chievo Verona 27 24
19 US Lecce 27 23
20 Reggina Calcio

They were, until recently, hovering around 10th/11th for a while. They must have had a little run.
Yep they were mid table wern't they?

It doesn't matter anyway, Inter are out of the CL, and again Zlatan has underperformed, sure he has talent but is not achieving his potential, anyone can see that tbh.

Unread 12-03-2009, 01:00 AM
Ether

Quote:
"He says 'go on, head that in'"

"He replys 'I will, thank you very much'"

Usually gets a 'son' in there too.

Unread 12-03-2009, 01:01 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Yep they were mid table wern't they?

It doesn't matter anyway, Inter are out of the CL, and again Zlatan has underperformed, sure he has talent but is not achieving his potential, anyone can see that tbh.
That's the bottom line. He isn't good enough to be classed 'world class'

Unread 12-03-2009, 01:01 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Agree with the posts about him 'not wanting it' enough. Inter look a bit mixed up to me, no real shape or system. The Italian league really must be £#%&!.
I dunno. I thought after the first fifteen minutes Inter gave a good account of themselves. We scored at crucial times, but I'm not sure the 2-0 scoreline didn't flatter us a little in the end. Mourinho dropped a major clanger with the Vieira selection, though. I think he thought his experience of English sides and the Old Trafford atmosphere would help, but on reflection it was a poor decision to include him, especially given how little football he's played.

Unread 12-03-2009, 01:02 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
scored 4 against them this season.

but let the football experts tell us more about zlatan.
Marlo, don't take it so personal, he has talent and isn't fulfilling his potential, can't you see that? No need to play him against Berbatov, you play most players from other teams against ours, and it's not against of 'rating other players' it's simply to use them as a stick to beat some of our players down.

We are world champions. Fair play to the full Manchester United squad.
Closed Thread