United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Eric a completely different player to Tevez.

F.A cup final v Liverpool, game looking like it's heading for extra time. corner whipped in, liverpool clear, cantona on the edge of the box takes in on the volley and smashes it into the net for us to win the cup.

Tevez a long way off that sort of legendary stuff just yet.
True as that is, Tevez hasn't had the chance to play in a cup final for United yet. Cantona's legendary status was carved in his first few weeks and months in the United 1st team for me anyway. He was the catalyst.

Unread 27-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Argentina

[quote=£#%&! KFC;616725]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina

he almost dragged a bedraggled side into the European Cup final last year...you plank

Rooney's performances in the last three years have been absolutely £#%&!in outstanding, if you can't see that you are a clown
Yeh. He really had his act together when United were treading water in the group stages. 6 games 0 goals. 2nd round, still no goals.
A superbly taken goal in Rome, albeit, not created by him (poor defending)
A scuffed goal in the return, a 7 goal rout
2 goals in the semi home. One delightful strike, both goals taking advantage of slack marking.
Return match...

4 in 10.

Really dragging them isnt it

Unread 27-10-2007, 09:55 PM
£#%&! KFC

he's not as good as you obviously

Unread 27-10-2007, 09:56 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Rio, Ronaldo and Rooney. Possibly Evra as well.
instead of Denis Iwin
Bruce or Pallister?

Unread 27-10-2007, 10:02 PM
waynes ear's

danny simpson > gary neville could ever wish to be

£#%&! neville off and giggs sharpish and we'll be onto a golden era mark my mispelt words

Unread 27-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
danny simpson > gary neville could ever wish to be

£#%&! neville off and giggs sharpish and we'll be onto a golden era mark my mispelt words
why do they have to be £#%&!ed off? Can't they just maintain a role as it's a time of transition. :considering:

Also considering they were both stalwarts of our last 'golden era'.

Unread 27-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Rio, Ronaldo and Rooney. Possibly Evra as well.
Yeah but what about the Sparky/Eric combo?

Who from the 94 team would you stick in the team now (apart from Giggs)?

What I'm trying to say is that the Rooney/Tevez combo is looking like it'll be the business and I wouldn't split it (aside from for a rest) to make room for anyone right now.

Unread 27-10-2007, 10:15 PM
chorleyred

lmc, you won't be happy until you see players running round with lawnmowers up their arse cutting the grass as they play.

£#%&! me do we always have to look for the negatives, it's like no £#%&!er enjoys winning on here these days. we have a team playing with flair, passion, great skill, speed and still some look for things to pick at.

Unread 27-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
£#%&! me do we always have to look for the negatives, it's like no £#%&!er enjoys winning on here these days. we have a team playing with flair, passion, great skill, speed and still some look for things to pick at.

Unread 27-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
lmc, you won't be happy until you see players running round with lawnmowers up their arse cutting the grass as they play.

I'm not really having a dig, things are clicking and the goals are flying in so on that score we have to be happy, but rather than state the obvious (that we are playing well and have a great squad and are destined for more success) i'm just looking at it like ok we know all the good stuff nani's great goal etc but was there anything other than positive stuff? well i thought tevez was not really on song but still did ok. Thats about all i've said so please just relax mate, it's all good.

Dont let the glazers hear about that lawn mower idea by the way or the ground staff will be out of a job

Unread 27-10-2007, 11:03 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo (no capital at the start)
why do they have to be £#%&!ed off? Can't they just maintain a role as it's a time of transition. :considering:

Also considering they were both stalwarts of our last 'golden era'.
why should they be £#%&!ed off?

slowing a brilliant side down for a start, im not arsed about gary neville to be honest, wes has played better in his position. and danny simpson is coming on strong

giggs? sick of seeing the teapot on the £#%&!ing pitch to be honest

Unread 27-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
why should they be £#%&!ed off?

slowing a brilliant side down for a start, im not arsed about gary neville to be honest, wes has played better in his position. and danny simpson is coming on strong

giggs? sick of seeing the teapot on the £#%&!ing pitch to be honest
why not simply stop watching United til he retires then?

if you think he's no good you haven't got a clue what you're looking at anyway

Unread 27-10-2007, 11:31 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
why not simply stop watching United til he retires then?

if you think he's no good you haven't got a clue what you're looking at anyway
he's past it

i recognise giggs was awesome, sad to say but not anymore, plays well when its contract time

get rid and sharpish, same with 2 weeks neville

anyway soz top red, im off to watch (insert top of the league team here)

Unread 28-10-2007, 12:30 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Not saying he's shit cos he's clearly not, just that this was not one of his better games...
Thanks for clearing that up. I was a bit worried that you might have downgraded him from average to shit.

Not sure where this perceived slack passing happened either? 88% pass success rate according to the OPTA stats. In the first half he wasn't nearly as influential as he has been in recent weeks, but I don't recall too many misplaced passes.

In the second half he became much more involved in the build-up and played some great passes. The defence splitting through ball to Rooney just after half-time and the cushioned volley for his first goal stood out particularly.

Unread 28-10-2007, 12:36 AM
Stretters

Quote:
he's past it

i recognise giggs was awesome, sad to say but not anymore, plays well when its contract time

get rid and sharpish, same with 2 weeks neville

anyway soz top red, im off to watch (insert top of the league team here)

I think you must be pissed tonight, Wes Brown as good as he's been i dont think he is a right back

Unread 28-10-2007, 01:12 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretters
I think you must be pissed tonight, Wes Brown as good as he's been i dont think he is a right back
if any @#%&! else was better they would have been played instead of wes agree?

£#%&! me how stupid are some people

you quoted me on a giggs comment for £#%&! sake

them boots to tight for posting?
Closed Thread