United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 25-10-2010, 05:38 PM
plopborsky

Unread 25-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Coracao

You got one that's bigger? It won't quite stretch across my desktop.

Unread 25-10-2010, 05:45 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
You got one that's bigger? It won't quite stretch across my desktop.
get two monitors you poor @#%&!

Unread 25-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky

Unread 25-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
:shakehead:

You're £#%&!ed on Twitter now, you

Unread 25-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Top Reds obviously drink Fosters then.

Unread 25-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
merely pointed out we need a couple of players who are ready to play at the top level right now. Pretty much what Rooney said you £#%&!ing idiot.
not at all. Rooney has not questioned recent signings or the quality of the current squad. he has asked for assurances that United will be able to continue to compete at the top level throughout the course of his proposed new contract (which he has since signed - hopefully)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I thought we were excellent yesterday. With everything that's gone on and a few injuries problems, that was always gonna be a real slog. And Stoke didn't disappoint. They're a dirty, bullshitting bunch, but they're effective and very difficult to combat. I thought we did so well. Hernandez (I refuse to call him Chico or Chicarito - it's stoooopid!) rightly takes all the plaudits, but a really resilient defence (something horribly missing recently) was the platform. I thought Vida and Rio were superb. They weren't the only ones dominant in the air either. Fletcher won some vital headers and an honourable mention to Berbs, who hasn't kicked on as we hoped since his hat-trick, but also made three or four timely headers at the near post on set-pieces and didn't shirk his defensive responsibilities. Obviously no mention of this in the press because he's 'lazy' dontchaknow?

My only gripe was our second half ball retention.

Hopefully this'll give us a real platform and get the away win monkey off our backs. Not many clubs would've come through the turmoil of this week with two wins.

Reasons to be cheerful. The season starts here.
Neville's getting a slagging on here again, but he was a big part of the controlled football that saw United dominate the ball in the 1st half. left back is the bigger problem this season imo. obviously neville will get skinned a few times but what's evra's excuse? if he could actually pass the ball or shoot or even if he could cross it he'd be used a lot more how he was used yesterday - anything to keep him away from full-back atm tbh. hopefully he'll settle back down into it if Ferdinand and Vidic are able to string a good run of games together together.

Unread 25-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Switching Off

We would have more of a chance of being able to afford new players if our current players weren't holding the club to ransom over a payrise.

Unread 25-10-2010, 08:40 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
not at all. Rooney has not questioned recent signings or the quality of the current squad. he has asked for assurances that United will be able to continue to compete at the top level throughout the course of his proposed new contract (which he has since signed - hopefully).
So Rooney feels there are no concerns that we let Ronaldo and Tevez go and didn't replace them like a club like United should?

Are you honestly saying that, if Rooney was discussing his contract two years ago he'd have come out with what he did all because he wanted to ensure we 'continued' to compete at the top level?

What made him say them comments now? He was/is clearly worried ffs.

Unread 25-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
So Rooney feels there are no concerns that we let Ronaldo and Tevez go and didn't replace them like a club like United should?

Are you honestly saying that, if Rooney was discussing his contract two years ago he'd have come out with what he did all because he wanted to ensure we 'continued' to compete at the top level?

because he was wondering whether united could reassure him that it would continue to compete at the top level if he committed himself for another 5 years.

Unread 25-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:

Absolutely, Rooney's concerns were borne out of our over-dependence on him last season. Flogged to death even when he wasn't fully fit because Fergie had no faith in our other attacking options.

Unread 26-10-2010, 01:05 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Cringeworthy @#%&! him.

Unread 26-10-2010, 03:36 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Absolutely, Rooney's concerns were borne out of our over-dependence on him last season. Flogged to death even when he wasn't fully fit because Fergie had no faith in our other attacking options.
That's already changed this season tho, hasn't it, with Berbs and Chicha.

Unread 26-10-2010, 06:59 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
because he was wondering whether united could reassure him that it would continue to compete at the top level if he committed himself for another 5 years.
Throb, I respect your opinion and you clearly know your stuff regarding United, but come on mate, you have to admit Rooney has said it for a reason. If Rooney thought we had a great squad now and was happy with how we were strengthening the squad, he wouldn't have mentioned it, would he? He's said it because he has concerns about the way the club is going atm. Fwiw I think United will spend now because they have too. I don't mean loads of big stars, nobody expects that. But real quality, personally I think we'd be fine with 1 very good player, maybe 2, but then signing a couple of these young players who are breaking through at other clubs. I've watched a bit of that Henderson since Borsuk mentioned him and he looks very good. Rodwell is another who would be a brilliant signing.

Unread 26-10-2010, 07:00 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Definitely. Berbs is really stepping up and showing a lot of character and will start most big games now imo, and Hernandez looks like he will just get better and better and is a great threat for us. I don't think United will rush Rooney back tbh. He'll be on the bench at best at City.

Unread 26-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Yeah Berbs just needs to score a bit more consistently. He's missed some simple chances in the past 3 games.

Until we get a midfielder who can actually score regularly, and Rooney gets back into form, there'll be a lot of pressure on Berbs to perform.
Closed Thread