United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Sparky***

Default If i didn't get a free ticket i wouldn't have bothered going..

..rubbish atmosphere, surrounded by £#%&!wits. And I got £#%&!ing soaked as well.

jesus christ we need a striker.

nft.

Unread 10-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
..rubbish atmosphere, surrounded by £#%&!wits. And I got £#%&!ing soaked as well.

nft.
Top top topper Uber Red.

Unread 10-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Ether

Do we? Tevez looked £#%&!ing amazing. Can't think of anyone we'd bring in who could be an improvement on him in this form. Rooney back next weekend. Campbell looked sharp. Fergie said there was a possibility of Manucho in a few weeks. Mr Glass might even be ready soon. Won't be too arsed if we don't sign anyone tbh.

Unread 10-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Do we? Tevez looked £#%&!ing amazing. Can't think of anyone we'd bring in who could be an improvement on him in this form. Rooney back next weekend. Campbell looked sharp. Fergie said there was a possibility of Manucho in a few weeks. Mr Glass might even be ready soon. Won't be too arsed if we don't sign anyone tbh.
and Welbeck!

Unread 10-08-2008, 06:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
There can't be any chance, unless we are buying him a Belgian passport.

If we get him, every Work Permit that has ever been turned down will have to be re-looked at, as he is nowhere near qualification, certainly no nearer than the Argie that Liverpool have just had to loan out for 2 years.

Unread 10-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
and Welbeck!
Yep. To be honest it would give me a lot more pleasure seeing the young lads up front supporting Roon, Tevez and maybe Saha when needed, chipping in with a few goals here and there, than it would to see us splash out £30m on a slapped arse like 'Berbs'. If the whole squad is fit he only just makes the bench for me, so I just don't see the £#%&!ing point.

Unread 10-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Top top topper Uber Red.
you know it.

and certainly not as "uber" as the utter #@&%! walking around the concourse singing "£#%&!-off ronaldoooo" on his own. Needless to say, i showed him by giving him a sarcastic applause. yeah, take that.

and yes, we do need another striker - very badly.

Unread 10-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
There can't be any chance, unless we are buying him a Belgian passport.

If we get him, every Work Permit that has ever been turned down will have to be re-looked at, as he is nowhere near qualification, certainly no nearer than the Argie that Liverpool have just had to loan out for 2 years.
Well Fergie obviously seems to think there's a good chance, so maybe you should tell him he's talking out of his arse.

Unread 10-08-2008, 06:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Well Fergie obviously seems to think there's a good chance, so maybe you should tell him he's talking out of his arse.
I can't work it out. He was nowhere near qualifying after the ACN, so they sent him to Greece, where he failed spectacularly, playing a massive 6 times. I don't see how they are so confident this time, unless it's just a 'think positive' outlook. Or they know something no-one else does. Perhaps his nan was from Bognor or something?

Oh, and Fergie has been saying they are hoping to get it since May, why has it taken so long? Surely if he was going to get it, they'd have applied and appealed by now. It only takes a few days usually, a couple of weeks at the most. Not 3 months and counting.

Just an opinion.

Unread 10-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
you know it.

and certainly not as "uber" as the utter #@&%! walking around the concourse singing "£#%&!-off ronaldoooo" on his own. Needless to say, i showed him by giving him a sarcastic applause. yeah, take that.

and yes, we do need another striker - very badly.

the thing is, that lad was right!

Unread 10-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Controversial.

Unread 10-08-2008, 06:49 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I can't work it out. He was nowhere near qualifying after the ACN, so they sent him to Greece, where he failed spectacularly, playing a massive 6 times.
He was only there for about 12-15 games and was injured for some of those. Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way pinning all our hopes on him but he knocked in a few in the games that he did play. 4 in 8 or something like that. I actually believe he won't get a permit but you seem kind of worked up about it.

Unread 10-08-2008, 06:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
He was only there for about 12-15 games and was injured for some of those. Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way pinning all our hopes on him but he knocked in a few in the games that he did play. 4 in 8 or something like that. I actually believe he won't get a permit but you seem kind of worked up about it.
I'm not worked up, I just can't understand why we are chasing it/hoping so much tbh.

It seems that it has been mentioned just about every week since January, yet still nothing.

Unread 10-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Crumps

Thumbs up Nail on headtastic

Quote:
Yep. To be honest it would give me a lot more pleasure seeing the young lads up front supporting Roon, Tevez and maybe Saha when needed, chipping in with a few goals here and there, than it would to see us splash out £30m on a slapped arse like 'Berbs'. If the whole squad is fit he only just makes the bench for me, so I just don't see the £#%&!ing point.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Unread 10-08-2008, 07:05 PM
RedMenace

Maybe Fergie thinks he could be useful as a squad option. I doubt we spent much in acquiring him. The more games he plays for Angola the closer he is to a permit anyhow. I don't think anyone sees him as the answer, Fergie included, just that he'd be something different. The long and the short of it is that I'm not arsed either way, whatever happens with him happens!

red @rmy

Quote:

nft.
Was you sat near Pure?

Dueling Banjos

Quote:

Quote:
Controversial.

Unread 10-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Crumps

Yessir

Unread 10-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Sparky***

viva prawn sarnies
viva prawn sarnies
no-one £#%&!ing sings
cos they're wearing bling
viva prawn sarnies

Unread 10-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Tevez was brilliant at times. His all round play is excellent, and he was at the centre of a lot of our moves. I can see him being just as important as Ronaldo and Rooney this season.

Obviously we need a striker, but you're always going to get some moaning about the team, trying to be top reds complaining about being around daytrippers etc
Closed Thread