United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-11-2016, 07:34 PM
Venceremos

Exclamation It seems to me that winning 5 KO rounds of the Europa League will be easier than breaking this top 4

Really the Europa League KO stage is set to be uncommonly weak this year

The strongest teams are Bilbao, Roma and Spurs if they make it. We should be confident to beat them and the rest.

Top 4 OTOH is looking a very big ask...

Unread 27-11-2016, 07:39 PM
red in cumbria

Meh.

Unread 27-11-2016, 07:42 PM
ZiggyStardust

It's our most realistic possibility of getting top 4 this season

Sad to say but that's the reality

Unread 27-11-2016, 07:44 PM
no fun

Seville are likely to drop into it, so they will win it

Unread 27-11-2016, 07:44 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yes, but tinkering today with a defence that was actually doing OK recently was always a big risk.
Not really.

The one time the defence came under pressure against Arsenal, we conceded.
We should have conceded today when put under pressure. It was ridiculous to look at.

Unread 27-11-2016, 07:47 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
It's our most realistic possibility of getting top 4 this season

Sad to say but that's the reality
Say what pal?

Unread 27-11-2016, 07:48 PM
Venceremos

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
They have to lose by 2 clear goals to Lyon (who Sevilla are better than) so I doubt it.

Unread 27-11-2016, 07:49 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venceremos
They have to lose by 2 clear goals to Lyon (who Sevilla are better than) so I doubt it.
Away at Lyon, stranger things have happened

Unread 27-11-2016, 07:50 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Only need a draw and theyre into the knockouts

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionslea...ngs/index.html

Unread 27-11-2016, 07:51 PM
Billy Redface

Thinking we can win the Europa is as daft as 'if Liverpool don't win today then....' talk.

We're miles away from our basic objectives. The first objective is to win a home game. Simple as that. If we can gather some momentum and keep improving, maybe we can reevaluate, but right now there's a reason were miles away and that's because we've won 5 out of 13 league games.

Unread 27-11-2016, 07:52 PM
plopborsky

state of you lot if we would have won it still would have been 6 points between 4th spot and us.

save the bed wetting till jan

Unread 27-11-2016, 07:59 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
state of you lot if we would have won it still would have been 6 points between 4th spot and us.

save the bed wetting till jan
Why January?

Unread 27-11-2016, 08:02 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Why January?
new to a fixture list pol?

Unread 27-11-2016, 08:04 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
new to a fixture list pol?

Unread 27-11-2016, 08:06 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
obviously you are.

Unread 27-11-2016, 08:09 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
obviously you are.
You've lost me here pal.

People seem to think January is an acceptable time to start worrying. Given the situation we're in, I think now is a good a time as any.

I think we'll improve and we are improving, but we already have too much to do and we don't look capable of going on the kind of run needed to make up for it.

These draws are killing us, November or not.

Unread 27-11-2016, 08:19 PM
Buck

£#%&! it.

Go balls deep for the Europa. Best hope of Champions League qualification and a trophy comes with it.

Unread 27-11-2016, 08:39 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
You've lost me here pal.

People seem to think January is an acceptable time to start worrying. Given the situation we're in, I think now is a good a time as any.

I think we'll improve and we are improving, but we already have too much to do and we don't look capable of going on the kind of run needed to make up for it.

These draws are killing us, November or not.
so shitting the bed now when we have a larger number of games to go in a small space of time makes sense ?

i think the difference here is i think this team is closer than most think to clicking.

Unread 27-11-2016, 08:43 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
It seems to me that winning 5 KO rounds of the Europa League will be easier than breaking this top 4
Will it be easier than beating Stoke, Burnley or West Ham at home?

Unread 27-11-2016, 09:59 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Will it be easier than beating Stoke, Burnley or West Ham at home?
Jesus the £#%&!ing state of that list.
Closed Thread