United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-11-2016, 12:10 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default Phillip Jones

Done alright since he's come back into the side would be nice to see him injury free for a couple of months.

Got rid of that stupid haircut too.

Unread 25-11-2016, 12:11 PM
silv

would be nice to see you at the bottom of a well.

Unread 25-11-2016, 12:13 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Done alright since he's come back into the side would be nice to see him injury free for a couple of months.

Got rid of that stupid haircut too.
Phil Jones defending be like

Unread 25-11-2016, 12:14 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
would be nice to see you at the bottom of a well.
Or floating on the top of the water face down with a garden gnome rammed up him.

Unread 25-11-2016, 12:15 PM
Sizlack

Played well last night (under no pressure at all) He played a couple of lovely 'long passes'

Unread 25-11-2016, 12:17 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Played well last night (under no pressure at all) He played a couple of lovely 'long passes'
Couple of nice interceptions too. Always liked Jonesy and are one of the few not to have given up on him, is a good mix of old school no nonsense defender and modern can play a bit centre half.

Unread 25-11-2016, 12:17 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Or floating on the top of the water face down with a garden gnome rammed up him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
The bracketed part being key.

I do recall him coming under some pressure against Arsenal and falling to the ground.

Unread 25-11-2016, 12:18 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Couple of nice interceptions too. Always liked Jonesy and are one of the few not to have given up on him, is a good mix of old school no nonsense defender and modern can play a bit centre half.
in your camp Crumps always liked his attitude and commitment and he can run with the ball.

Unread 25-11-2016, 12:18 PM
waynes ear's

Done alright? He's £#%&!ing shit

Unread 25-11-2016, 12:19 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
in your camp Crumps always liked his attitude and commitment and he can run with the ball.
Camp Crumps, ooooh mince.

Unread 25-11-2016, 12:20 PM
Baron

He'll break again soon.

The eternal frustration of thinking there is an actual player in there somewhere, & then ping... something will go. Or he'll get concussion. The big galoot.

Unread 25-11-2016, 12:25 PM
BarryX

When he's on song, he's a quality asset to have in the squad. Remember him man marking Ronaldo in the CL many moons ago and Ronnie barely got a sniff in. Hope he kicks on and gets a chance, tbf, the big gurning buffoon.

Unread 25-11-2016, 12:25 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
He'll break again soon.

The eternal frustration of thinking there is an actual player in there somewhere, & then ping... something will go. Or he'll get concussion. The big galoot.
If he has realised he shouldn't be throwing himself about the way he does, overstretch and rush back from injuries causing compensation injuries he could be okay. Would bloody love him too as he's a hell of a lot better than he's given credit for and could be very very good. I miss Wez Brown.

Unread 25-11-2016, 12:29 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
He'll break again soon.

There is, when fit he is a very good player.

25 in February though, as a CB he should still have his best years ahead of him, but Mourinho will want stability at the back, a trust issue with his injury record.

I think of all our CB options he is the closest to a leader. Perhaps Bailley will grow into that type of player.

Unread 25-11-2016, 12:32 PM
Baron

You can't teach someone to be less injury prone though.

Should be kept & used the same way that say Wes Brown was, but 3rd or 4th choice - you simply cannot rely on him. Bailly & a.n.other of top, top quality that can organise.

Unread 25-11-2016, 12:35 PM
Cream

Quote:
If he has realised he shouldn't be throwing himself about the way he does, overstretch and rush back from injuries causing compensation injuries he could be okay. Would bloody love him too as he's a hell of a lot better than he's given credit for and could be very very good. I miss Wez Brown.
Quote:

Should be kept & used the same way that say Wes Brown was, but 3rd or 4th choice - you simply cannot rely on him. Bailly & a.n.other of top, top quality that can organise.
I was gonna ask whether Zlat and Poggers could advise him, because they get themselves in all kind of contortions. But I suppose he's had the best of care and advice as it is.

A lemon.

Unread 25-11-2016, 12:45 PM
browser

Quote:

i'll tell you what you can't teach... this

Unread 25-11-2016, 12:47 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
When he's on song, he's a quality asset to have in the squad. Remember him man marking Ronaldo in the CL many moons ago and Ronnie barely got a sniff in. Hope he kicks on and gets a chance, tbf, the big gurning buffoon.
Did a job on Ronaldo, Ozil and........Fellaini.

Unread 25-11-2016, 12:47 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser

Loved that moment, made a mistake and fully committed to trying to fix it. Shows why he gets injured so much, stupidly brave at times.

Utd have more depth at CB than any other team in the league. Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Blind and Bailley, but we still need a proper leader to emerge.

Unread 25-11-2016, 01:37 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser

Goal-saving tackle tbf
Closed Thread