United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Wayne Rooney - Whre do you stand?
He's our captain, and should be a starter. 5 3.09%
He should be benched, as he's off form. 58 35.80%
He should be sold, as he's finished. 99 61.11%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Pop

Shoot him and his family preferably but I wouldn't be averse to having him brought on from the bench every game around the 91st minute.

Just to humiliate him like.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

needs to be a public poll. start another thread if it can't be changed.
And change the options. Two and three are vote splitters.

Need Joey Lucas to figure out the options tbh.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:15 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

If you add option 2 and option 3 together, the total sum of these two choices will equal the number of people who have voted for Rooney to be left out of the side.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:15 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
needs to be a public poll. start another thread if it can't be changed.
I have PM'd Armchair to make the poll public, as I can't change it. Presumed it would have been public by default, but obviously not.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Fanny.
How do the tough guys vote on Internet polls, mate?

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:19 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

Option 2 is there for those that understand he's playing very poorly, but still have faith in the man turning things around, and claiming the glory of becoming our all-time leading goalscorer.

Option 3 is for those that have lost all faith, and feel he is now a burden to the team, squad and club, and has hit an ebb that means he no longer has a right to demand a shirt at a club like Manchester United.

Option 1 is obviously for those that feel he's a positive addition to the starting XI, such as our manager, and the previous two managers before him, and the large majority of the professional sports media.

Good options IMO.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:21 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
How do the tough guys vote on Internet polls, mate?
Quay street 9pm and I'll let you know...

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:24 PM
saffers

Bench him.

Staggered at the amount of folks who want him sold. Haterz errwhere

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:24 PM
puressence

Can't wait for colleen to have her say.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:25 PM
poppy

I voted because it was a private poll. If it's to be made public, please delete my vote beforehand. Thank you.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:27 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Bench him.

Staggered at the amount of folks who want him sold. Haterz errwhere
How do you think he would react to being benched, pal?

Take it really well, and wish the lads the best?

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Quay street 9pm and I'll let you know...
Wanna make it Rye Lane instead? Baron can oversee.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:28 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
How do you think he would react to being benched, pal?

Take it really well, and wish the lads the best?
Come back and lead us to fa cup glory + almost reach the CL like the last time he got benched? Stoke away btw.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:29 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
I voted because it was a private poll. If it's to be made public, please delete my vote beforehand. Thank you.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Neo

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
The blanket of anonymity often helps uphold the freedom of democracy.

Looks like there's a certain group acting like Putin henchmen when it comes to supporting (or disgracing) Wazza's standing.

Not on my watch - the private poll stands. Looks like a landslide so far, btw.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

We have players who are better than him in every position the manager tries to squeeze him in ,So a place on the bench as a impact sub is about all he is needed for i can't remember the last time Rooney really shone in a game tbh he ain't finished but he isn't first choice either .

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Option 2 is there for those that understand he's playing very poorly, but still have faith in the man turning things around, and claiming the glory of becoming our all-time leading goalscorer.

Option 3 is for those that have lost all faith, and feel he is now a burden to the team, squad and club, and has hit an ebb that means he no longer has a right to demand a shirt at a club like Manchester United.

Option 1 is obviously for those that feel he's a positive addition to the starting XI, such as our manager, and the previous two managers before him, and the large majority of the professional sports media.

Good options IMO.
Fair enough.

Either 2 or 3 works for me.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:44 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Voted for 2 as he could still have a role to play from the bench. Wouldn't bat an eyelid if he left though.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:46 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

It's sad to see a player who's been so instrumental for us for the last 10 years decline the way he has, but it's one of those things innit. There's no coming back from this is there? Can anyone name me one player in his 30's who started to decline and suddenly turned it around again? I can't think of a single player.

It reminds me of when our family dog started on the downward spiral. First of all he lost all his co-ordination and started running into things. A few months later he started slowing down completely, the poor £#%&!ers legs started going. A few more months down the line he started pissing on the carpet before he finally started shiting blood. As much as it broke our hearts we had to put him down. Rooney's about 2 weeks away from shiting blood. It's sad to see but he's got to be put out of his and our misery.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
It's sad to see a player who's been so instrumental for us for the last 10 years decline the way he has, but it's one of those things innit. There's no coming back from this is there? Can anyone name me one player in his 30's who started to decline and suddenly turned it around again? I can't think of a single player.

It reminds me of when our family dog started on the downward spiral. First of all he lost all his co-ordination and started running into things. A few months later he started slowing down completely, the poor £#%&!ers legs started going. A few more months down the line he started pissing on the carpet before he finally started shiting blood. As much as it broke our hearts we had to put him down. Rooney's about 2 weeks away from shiting blood. It's sad to see but he's got to be put out of his and our misery.
Sheringham was the first name that came to mind. Not that he had a decline but that he had his greatest success with us in his mid 30s.

Everyone always expected Rooney to drop deeper into that role as he got older but the game is a lot faster now than it was when he started out. Even in the past couple of years it's been immense to see the change in athletes with less skill being prized over more cultured players. Doesn't look like that's an option for him, and his limitations in that midfield role are even more pronounced.

The only roleI see for him now is a number 9 at the head of the attack, and we have better options.

Might be worth just playing him on Wednesday. The sooner he gets that record the sooner he'll £#%&! off
Closed Thread