United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-07-2016, 12:31 PM
Fergie out 89

If Ingurland are going to appoint an English manager then the OTT expectations from the media, "clued up" ex pros and fans need to stop, "England expects"? £#%&! off!!!

No English born manager is capable of winning the World Cup or euros with this national side.

Unread 10-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
The whole point of international football is it is nation against nation. English players, English staff.
That seems like a hell of a disadvantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I'm also for international managers being of the nationality they are representing, isn't the whole point that its the countries players and staff that are going head to head with each other?
Evidently not.

Unread 10-07-2016, 02:04 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie out 89

No English born manager is capable of winning the World Cup or euros with this national side.
No manager whether English or not is gonna win the world cup or euros with this national side because the players are not good enough. The national side should perform better than it does and is not helped by poor selections and inept tactics, but the biggest reason the England team won't win a major tournament is simply cos the players are not good enough.

Unread 10-07-2016, 03:45 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie out 89
No manager is capable of winning the World Cup or euros with this national side
Yes, I agree.

Unread 10-07-2016, 05:57 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
but the biggest reason the England team won't win a major tournament is simply cos the players are not good enough.
Blatantly not true. Given teams like Greece and Denmark have won international tournaments. And everyone would have said prior to this tournament that the Welsh players weren't good enough to get to the semi finals. Every tournament throws up teams exceeding expectations.

International tournaments are knockout. And any team can have a few games of their lives to win a knockout. It's the international equivalent of the fa cup, not the premier league. It's £#%&! all to do with showing who the best team is. Maybe if the English players realised this, they'd win the occasional tournament. Besides which, there are no brilliant international teams these days. They're all shit.

Unread 10-07-2016, 06:02 PM
Buck

No issue with a developing football country like India or Scotland hiring a foreign manager. For the country that prides itself as the home of football it's a sorry state that only three Englishmen manage in "the best league in the world" and have to go abroad to steal an identity again. Give it to Bryan Robson I say. Last great England captain.

Unread 11-07-2016, 01:56 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
That seems like a hell of a disadvantage.

Evidently not.
im aware of that Grimmers

Unread 11-07-2016, 05:09 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Blatantly not true. Given teams like Greece and Denmark have won international tournaments.
I wouldn't think the problem is that English players aren't 'good' enough; I'd think it's that they all play in the Premier League, and the PL is very different to international tournament football. These differences put English players at a disadvantage. You look at those Danish and Greek teams, and every major league in Europe was represented. However 'good' they may or may not have been individually, they had more players with a wider range of football experience. That's pretty useful, I'd have thought, when you have to go from the patience of Italy to the precision of Spain to the dynamism of Germany, etc etc.

Unread 11-07-2016, 05:59 AM
no fun

Big Sam being interviewed

Big £#%&!ing sam

Well at least England won't get relegated

Unread 11-07-2016, 06:04 AM
Kangared

Quote:
I wouldn't think the problem is that English players aren't 'good' enough; I'd think it's that they all play in the Premier League, and the PL is very different to international tournament football. These differences put English players at a disadvantage. You look at those Danish and Greek teams, and every major league in Europe was represented. However 'good' they may or may not have been individually, they had more players with a wider range of football experience. That's pretty useful, I'd have thought, when you have to go from the patience of Italy to the precision of Spain to the dynamism of Germany, etc etc.
Our players see enough of these differing styles in Europe. Its becoming more about mentality than ability . The media & fans have made it a chore to play for England . The pressure is suffocating the players . You see other teams loving the tournament & just happy to be there while England are burdened by unreal expectations , put on them by the media who whip the country into a frenzy at tournament time , & the same media carve them up when they fall short. The players these days, rightly or wrongly, all use social media & they see what is being said & wrote about them . Every one of those players is way better than they showed in France.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun

Big £#%&!ing sam

LOL, Might be just what they need . Would rather he get the job than Klinsmann

Unread 11-07-2016, 06:22 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun

Big £#%&!ing sam

SPOT ON !!

Unread 11-07-2016, 08:00 AM
Part 36 Offer

Klinsmann ffs

He's £#%&!ing woeful.

Unread 11-07-2016, 01:21 PM
King Eric

I'm ok with both Allardyce and Klinsmann, especially after hearing at first that Southgate was the odds on favourite.

Unread 11-07-2016, 01:40 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Our players see enough of these differing styles in Europe.
I wouldn't think the likes of Lallana, Walker, Clyne, Rose, Dier, Alli, Kane, Vardy, etc have played much European football. I take your point about pressure from media/fans. That surely doesn't help.

Unread 11-07-2016, 06:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I wouldn't think the likes of Lallana, Walker, Clyne, Rose, Dier, Alli, Kane, Vardy, etc have played much European football. I take your point about pressure from media/fans. That surely doesn't help.
That together with the unjustified sense of entitlement that so much of the English media still has.

Unread 11-07-2016, 08:58 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
That together with the unjustified sense of entitlement that so much of the English media still has.
Absolutely this

Unread 11-07-2016, 09:14 PM
utd99

£#%&! the FA, £#%&! the England team and £#%&! whichever shit manager they appoint next.

And £#%&! Wayne Rooney.

Unread 11-07-2016, 09:23 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
£#%&! the FA, £#%&! the England team and £#%&! whichever shit manager they appoint next.

And £#%&! Wayne Rooney.

Unread 11-07-2016, 09:31 PM
Buck

Big Sam won't have any time for these spoilt @#%&!s. He'll get those shower of @#%&!s working their %@#$&!s off, downgrading their egos as they do circuit training and military workouts. He'll get us playing 4-4-£#%&!ing 2 and make Rooney cry. Love Samuel.

Hope he sends Henry Winter packing too.

Unread 11-07-2016, 10:07 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

And £#%&! Wayne Rooney.
Thankyou Dan, Dan Walker there at Lancaster Gate......and now, tomorrows weather.......
Closed Thread