And built concentration camps
Did your granddads know each other ?

Unread 09-07-2016, 10:38 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
It's likely

Honestly, I just can't understand it....we finally got our great country back thanks to the glorious patriots who voted out, and now we are putting the pride of our nation, the 11 brave lionhearts, in the hands of a bloody german

Unread 09-07-2016, 10:42 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Sven, Capello, and Chris Coleman have shown me it's better to have an average manager of the same nationality than a top manager who doesn't give a shit.

England's downfall has always been picking teams based on reputation rather than moulding an actual team. Gerrard and lampard being constantly picked in the same team despite never working is a perfect example. As was shunting Paul £#%&!ing Scholes out to the left wing.

Unread 09-07-2016, 10:42 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
It's likely

Honestly, I just can't understand it....we finally got our great country back thanks to the glorious patriots who voted out, and now we are putting the pride of our nation, the 11 brave lionhearts, in the hands of a bloody german

... and he'll need a work permit

... or be tested that he has enough Australian points

Unread 09-07-2016, 10:44 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Uwe Rosslers grandad bombed old Trafford

Unread 09-07-2016, 12:15 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
It's likely

Brave lionhearts

It will be a shit team run by a shit manager overseen by a shit brainless organisation(the FA)

Good fit.

At least the new pm can refuse him a work permit and she might revoke fellainis if she's a red

Unread 09-07-2016, 01:23 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Sven, Capello, and Chris Coleman have shown me it's better to have an average manager of the same nationality than a top manager who doesn't give a shit.

England's downfall has always been picking teams based on reputation rather than moulding an actual team. Gerrard and lampard being constantly picked in the same team despite never working is a perfect example. As was shunting Paul £#%&!ing Scholes out to the left wing.
And what makes you think a proud English manager will do that?

Hodgson didn't. In fact, I'd expect an English manager to buy into the 'Rooney can play anywhere' mentality than a 'cold' foreign manager would.

For me, it's a cultural issue. We've failed with too many managers and too many players through the years for it to simply be an issue of personnel.

Unread 09-07-2016, 06:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Lol.

Just give it Big Sam ffs.
This. And he wants the job as well.

Unread 09-07-2016, 06:29 PM
Lok

Another vote for Allardyce.

I'm of the opinion the manager should be English. If we can have a German manager then why can't we have Italian defenders, Spanish midfielders and some Portuguese attackers?

He's obviously not the best manger in the world but he'll mould them into a team that is hard to beat, he'll cope with the media pressure and he'll actually be interested in proving himself.

Unread 09-07-2016, 07:52 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
I can really see the likes of The Sun giving him a very dignified send-off when things eventually go to shit.
"Auf weidersen prat"

Unread 09-07-2016, 08:24 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
"Auf weidersen prat"
For you Juergen, the war is over

Unread 09-07-2016, 08:48 PM
ScarFace

So we'll finally see what would of happened had the Nazis' won.

Unread 09-07-2016, 08:56 PM
Zorg

Unread 09-07-2016, 10:59 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
And what makes you think a proud English manager will do that?
I don't. But what's the point of giving some foreign manager with zero passion for England 6 million a year to make the same bad job of it? I'm pretty sure England have a manager at least on a par with Chris Coleman.

What's the point of the fa grooming English coaches if they're not going to follow through? Coleman shows an average manager from the premier league is capable of doing a good job if they do it right. Redknapp would have been as good as any of them.

The whole point of international football is it is nation against nation. English players, English staff.

Unread 09-07-2016, 11:34 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
I don't. But what's the point of giving some foreign manager with zero passion for England 6 million a year to make the same bad job of it? I'm pretty sure England have a manager at least on a par with Chris Coleman.

What's the point of the fa grooming English coaches if they're not going to follow through? Coleman shows an average manager from the premier league is capable of doing a good job if they do it right. Redknapp would have been as good as any of them.

The whole point of international football is it is nation against nation. English players, English staff.
You stated England's downfall as the proclivity to select players on reputation (I agree) but that you also want an English manager who actually cares.

My concern is the latter will latter will ensure the former.

England have had a range of managers from passionate English Fist pumpers, to studious foreigners and still failed miserably.

For 50 years.

That's something inherent in our culture.

It's all very well comparing us with Wales, but it's not the same. If anything it highlights how it isn't about personnel or the manager (Coleman is not a particularly good manager). Wales have been brilliant but there isn't the ridiculous level of expectation from the fans and media, the pure hatred and hostility that's whipped up every campaign, and it's a selection of players who, for the most part, are punching above their weight and therefore glad to be out there.

Most England players are happier at their clubs.

Unread 10-07-2016, 07:14 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Quote:

This,the whole of this....and nothing but this...so help us omnipotent originator and ruler of the universe.

Unread 10-07-2016, 07:35 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
You stated England's downfall as the proclivity to select players on reputation (I agree) but that you also want an English manager who actually cares.

My concern is the latter will latter will ensure the former.

England have had a range of managers from passionate English Fist pumpers, to studious foreigners and still failed miserably.

For 50 years.

That's something inherent in our culture.

It's all very well comparing us with Wales, but it's not the same. If anything it highlights how it isn't about personnel or the manager (Coleman is not a particularly good manager). Wales have been brilliant but there isn't the ridiculous level of expectation from the fans and media, the pure hatred and hostility that's whipped up every campaign, and it's a selection of players who, for the most part, are punching above their weight and therefore glad to be out there.

Most England players are happier at their clubs.
Spot on . Thats why its not about employing a tactically minded genius , its about employing a manager who can motivate & get the players playing without fear . The Welsh will start to feel more expectation now. If England are to appoint a foreign manager, the only one I would want to see is Beck's old mate Simeone .

Unread 10-07-2016, 10:09 AM
Stickman

I'm also for international managers being of the nationality they are representing, isn't the whole point that its the countries players and staff that are going head to head with each other?
Closed Thread