Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-11-2016, 11:15 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
And let's not forget GIBBO!

We wouldn't if wonks was still here, that's for sure
Who else has more Premier League medals than Slippy?
I can't believe it's not Buttner. Oh, wait, he does!

Unread 26-11-2016, 11:37 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Who else has more Premier League medals than Slippy?
I can't believe it's not Buttner. Oh, wait, he does!

Unread 27-11-2016, 02:55 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Seriously, he does. So does Luke Chadwick.

Unread 27-11-2016, 02:55 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Just watched his interview with Linekar on BT. £#%&! me, I've forgotten how much I hated him. It really is an unbelievable interview - the self-delusion, arrogance and self-praise is off the scale. Absolutely mental to see the contrast in humility between him and genuine winners like Giggs and Scholes when you watch an interview like this.

Highlights for me include:

"I'm proud, I'm happy. I keep telling meself, I'm a young boy from a council estate who had dreams for playing for me hometown club".

On the Champion's League win when Linekar makes a comment about him winning it single-handedly, does Stevie play it down and credit his teammates? Yeah, course, he does:

Linekar: "For you personally, you kinda dragged them back in it".
Slippy: "The nice thing for me was that I contributed big in the game. Being the captain, there was a lot of pressure that I had to deliver in that game, and looking back on it now, I'm really pleased how it went".

Asked to pick a strength - says he could do everything. But I'm not big headed, pol.

Linekar: "Describe your strengths as a player."
Slippy: "For me, obviously I'm not one for being big headed, or that type of person (really? ), but for me, I think with my game I could do a bit of everything. I could head it, I could tackle, I could run, I could pass over different distances, I could nick a goal".

Also love how when he's asked about his weaknesses he mentions his early years, implying that these were ironed out quickly, so in effect he had no weaknesses. :w****r:

Favourite quote, however, has to be:

"The Chelsea game - that's one that will haunt me for a long time... It felt like a disaster happened in my life; that's how bad it was".

"Haunt". "A disaster in my life."

Anderson 4 - Gerrard - 0.

Absolute c*** of a man.

Unread 27-11-2016, 04:09 PM
Switching Off

A disaster? Really?

Unread 27-11-2016, 04:56 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
A disaster? Really?
Indeed. I thought it was wonderful

Unread 27-11-2016, 05:10 PM
Pop

The only disaster about it is that he wasn't found dead in the changing room after the game, blood pouring from his wrists as his lifeless corpse sat slumped under a gushing shower.

£#%&!ing scouse #@&%!.
Closed Thread