United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 20-11-2016, 06:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
The problem is we end up with a 2 v 1 as no one has gone to Kolscienly and then at the crucial point Valencia doesn't challenge.
basically there's one bloke on the floor and it's phil jones. his man scored. he let his man walk in unchallenged and get a jump on him. whatevs anyhoo...

fact is united sat sat back too much and are still pretty shit at seeing games out. impression i got was that herrera stopped passing forwards, the intent in the schneiderlin change was a worry, we looked good in midfield for 75 on the front foot, weak in midfield in the last 15, and our finishing is still shit.

Unread 20-11-2016, 07:02 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Thanks for that Jaap.
what are you trying to say? I would have won that ball. but then I am a better player than jones or giroud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Mata had a low shot saved
Martial dipping shot

Off the top of my head...
£#%&! me. bunks costs us the £#%&!ing game again.

Unread 20-11-2016, 08:23 PM
Furry Russian hats

[quote=Neo;4580301]Agree with this.

I remember the old games against Arsenal - the build-ups would be immense, and the actual games would be nail-biting and utterly absorbing; proper end-to-end action, lots of drama, and so much quality.

Just doesn't feel the same anymore. Perhaps it's me getting older, but football as a whole doesn't seem as exciting or interesting to me as it used to be. The incessant, round-the-clock social media involvement, and the fact the players nowadays are preening little c***s are probably the biggest causes.

When that Mata goal hit the back of the net yesterday I gave a little fist pump, but nothing compared to the all-out goonage of yesteryear. The buzz from these games seems longs gone:

[/QUOTE

All of this. Think I'm getting old as well

Unread 20-11-2016, 08:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
They are half chances surely? The only real gilt edge chance was Rojo.

Thought we really missed the focal point of Zlat up front, his interplay around the box lately has been excellent, we didn't have that yesterday.

We had a lot of the ball in the second half,but maybe only a couple of minutes of sustained pressure just before Mata's goal.
Doesn't make much sense...

A gilt edge chance - header wide
Half chance - keeper forced to save

You've got them the wrong way round ?

Unread 20-11-2016, 08:46 PM
Furry Russian hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Doesn't make much sense...

A gilt edge chance - header wide
Half chance - keeper forced to save

You've got them the wrong way round ?
He headed it wide but he shouldn't of done, hence, gilt edge chance.

Yes, Mata forced the keeper into a save, but that's because it was a great effort, which more often than not you wouldn't expect him to score from.

Anyway, l suppose it's all down to the individual what you consider to be a good chance, so we will just have to disagree on this one.

Unread 20-11-2016, 09:05 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
He headed it wide but he shouldn't of done, hence, gilt edge chance.

Yes, Mata forced the keeper into a save, but that's because it was a great effort, which more often than not you wouldn't expect him to score from.

Anyway, l suppose it's all down to the individual what you consider to be a good chance, so we will just have to disagree on this one.
Apology accepted...

Unread 20-11-2016, 09:20 PM
Sparky***

Jesus christ

Unread 20-11-2016, 09:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
All of this. Think I'm getting old as well
That is a large part of it, nqat.

Unread 20-11-2016, 09:38 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Hmm. Good work spurs thingy.

What a sad specimen.

Unread 20-11-2016, 10:15 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Agree with this.

I remember the old games against Arsenal - the build-ups would be immense, and the actual games would be nail-biting and utterly absorbing; proper end-to-end action, lots of drama, and so much quality.

Just doesn't feel the same anymore. Perhaps it's me getting older, but football as a whole doesn't seem as exciting or interesting to me as it used to be. The incessant, round-the-clock social media involvement, and the fact the players nowadays are preening little c***s are probably the biggest causes.

When that Mata goal hit the back of the net yesterday I gave a little fist pump, but nothing compared to the all-out goonage of yesteryear. The buzz from these games seems longs gone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDKK11idEAc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2WpA5x4OjE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P-pCRhFY9M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTC2kWyOOEA
Aw, doesn't Santa bring you a teddy bear any more?

Spot the spoilt JCL.

Fanny.

Unread 20-11-2016, 10:46 PM
ZiggyStardust

How on earth did we concede an equaliser to this @#%&!

Unread 20-11-2016, 10:50 PM
redhegemony

Surprised how poor Ramsay was and Ozil.

So frustrating they were there for a beating.

Unread 20-11-2016, 11:16 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Surprised how poor Ramsay was and Ozil.

So frustrating they were there for a beating.
Ozil is usually invisible at OT - and yes I'm aware he scored a mishit last season.