United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 25-02-2024, 12:24 PM
ZiggyStardust

Sick of him
His whingeing I could put up with if his football made up for it but he’s a pure chaos merchant

He’s meant to be the side’s playmaker but very rarely does he pick the right option

He’s the favourite of the likes of “Stat man Dave’s” of this world who say he’s created X amount of chances in a match to make out he’s had a great game when I’ve watched the same game thought he was £#%&!ing shite

Let’s be honest he’s been living off his first two years at the club during Covid
He’s gotten progressively worse since then

Get rid in the summer as we’re never challenging for the title with headless chicken like him in a key position in the team

Unread 25-02-2024, 02:22 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
Everything that’s wrong with him in a 30 second clip.

Unread 25-02-2024, 06:20 PM
RedNick80

I love him, but that’s not on. Do the staff not show him these videos?

Unread 25-02-2024, 07:22 PM
larry

Quote:
you lots captain.
yes, utd's captain
who's yours?

Unread 25-02-2024, 07:52 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
yes, utd's captain
who's yours?
Sancho presumably

Unread 25-02-2024, 10:33 PM
Msgr A Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Id sell him tbh. He's peaked.
I'm not sure he has but I agree with selling him. One of the most annoying things about the post Ferguson era is that we keep players far too long. Why are we turning up and still watching Lindelof in a Utd shirt. Do them and us a favour and get rid of Bruno, Rashford, Shaw, Wan-Bissaka, The Scottish Player, Maguire and anyone over thirty for no other reason than they bore me to death. Just looking at them is boring.

Unread 25-02-2024, 10:41 PM
armchair

He's a number 10 pushed out of position. He's obviously also been told to immediately take a risky forward pass asap even if there are low odds of completion.

Unread 26-02-2024, 12:07 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
He's a number 10 pushed out of position. He's obviously also been told to immediately take a risky forward pass asap even if there are low odds of completion.
It’s what he’s always done though. When we bought him, one of the big concerns was he gives the ball away too much. He’s not smart enough to be a number ten, not good enough defensively to me a midfielder.

He’s a luxury player. So is rashford. No team could long term successfully include both of them. No long term successful team would include either of them.

Unread 26-02-2024, 12:20 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
It’s what he’s always done though. When we bought him, one of the big concerns was he gives the ball away too much. He’s not smart enough to be a number ten, not good enough defensively to me a midfielder.

He’s a luxury player. So is rashford. No team could long term successfully include both of them. No long term successful team would include either of them.
Liverpool would swap him for Jota tomorrow. He's a much better player.

We play him out of position and tell him to always play the pass first time even if it doesn't seem on.

Unread 26-02-2024, 12:26 AM
Finport Red

Quote:

We play him out of position and tell him to always play the pass first time even if it doesn't seem on.
I don’t think the evidence supports that. His huge portfolio of shots from outside the box alone, either trickling over the goal line ten yards wide of the post, or disappearing over the stand, bear testimony to the contrary.

Unread 26-02-2024, 12:27 AM
armchair

Quote:
I don’t think the evidence supports that.
Ignoring the evidence will do that.

Unread 26-02-2024, 12:30 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Ignoring the evidence will do that.
I provided evidence to the contrary.

He plays for Bruno, rather than United. He’s not going to get any better now either.

Unread 26-02-2024, 12:33 AM
armchair

Quote:
I provided evidence to the contrary.

He plays for Bruno, rather than United. He’s not going to get any better now either.
So you say, I didn't see it.

I like him but think maybe we need to move on from him.

Unread 26-02-2024, 12:35 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
So you say, I didn't see it.

I like him but think maybe we need to move on from him.
Has been decent at times, very good at others, but I agree, and I don’t think being made captain has helped him or the team. And that’s not a criticism of the decision. There wasn’t really anyone else.

Unread 26-02-2024, 12:55 AM
Surfers do Charlie

Is anyone outside Saudi Arabia likely to pay his wages ?

Unread 26-02-2024, 07:50 AM
Patty_b

Quote:

Agreed. It looks like he's been given a free role and he's not the sort of player that can be relied upon to do that, and it limits everything he's good at.

I want to see him central finding pockets of space to draw defenders out and to play killer passes, I don't want to see him picking the ball up in his own half and playing desperate long passes, or on the wing not doing very much at all.

Unread 26-02-2024, 10:38 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:

I don’t think they would. He might be more skillful and capable of more wow moments but he’s too off the cuff, and just seems to upset the balance of the team too much. I think if Keane had had to play with him he’d be pulling his hair out.

If his role is to just find space and go where he sees fit then the rest of the midfield (particularly mainly/casemiro) has to be super disciplined, super energetic , willing to do the dirty work (that would include Rashford and Garnacho) to cover him. Ours doesn’t seem willing and/or capable.

If he’s not got that gig then he should be regularly in one zone available to build certain types of attacks and also stop them.

Not sure which is the assigned role but seems neither is working at the minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
Agreed. It looks like he's been given a free role and he's not the sort of player that can be relied upon to do that, and it limits everything he's good at.

I want to see him central finding pockets of space to draw defenders out and to play killer passes, I don't want to see him picking the ball up in his own half and playing desperate long passes, or on the wing not doing very much at all.
Also the free role is what he’s always had more or less. The sporting side was built around him and I said early doors we’d have to do the same and accept his flaws if he was to be successful. But I think the days of any team being ‘built’ around one player and winning the league is way gone. A cup here and there sure.

Unread 26-02-2024, 10:59 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
Also the free role is what he’s always had more or less. The sporting side was built around him and I said early doors we’d have to do the same and accept his flaws if he was to be successful. But I think the days of any team being ‘built’ around one player and winning the league is way gone. A cup here and there sure.
Always thought he was a bit more advanced and central under Ole than he has been under ETH, and always more of a threat. He would always chase back and come deeper at times but it seemed as though that was more him trying to recover for himself or a team mate more than anything else, and he had a set position.

I have no idea what position he plays in now. He ends up deep, on either wing, trying to beat the offside trap, and sometimes central. Ends up chasing the ball and the entire game instead of being in a position to dictate a part of it.

Unread 26-02-2024, 11:13 AM
Stickman

He’s the David Luiz of number 10s.

Unread 26-02-2024, 11:20 AM
marlo

A season and a half.
He couldn’t even keep the wool over you lots eyes for 2 seasons.

I did say the moment he is the main man in our midfield we are in trouble.

A luxury player if ever I’ve seen one. Played well when he had a free role. And can’t play in a 2 in midfield when push comes to shove which he should be able to do at the very least otherwise he is a forward.

t

November 2021!
Quote:
Bruno isn’t very good and in about a year he will be ostracised from both his club and country starting line up.

An attacking midfield with no discipline and not outstanding qualities.

did well in the co vid games but he isn’t very good.

time will tell.

ps my bet about iheanacho and rashford is 2 years away. trajectory wise who do you think is edging towards being the better striker

A few penalties and hanging around in the box with no actual responsibilities. he is basically a striker.

He doesn’t have to hold a position, or get on the ball and start attacks.
now that we have a recognised striker in ronaldo he has to actually play as an attacking midfielder and he is useless.
just like for Portugal where he didn’t even start the last must win game.
Quote:
He scoffs more shots than he hits cleanly.

it’s no suprise it’s only during COVID free role that he excelled at a top level

when he has to actually do the job of an attacking midfielder he is found wanted.

he has hardly had a good game for Portugal and this season he is just running around.

he will be out the team soon enough and this same forum will be calling him to be taking out the starting line up.

time will tell bro. time will tell.